We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi Everyone Options

geko42
#1 Posted : 1/30/2012 10:55:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all just wanted to stop off and say hi.

swim has been cruising your forums for a while and wanted to thank everyone who has provided such quality information on spice and obtaining it.
as of right now swim's MHRB shows up today and will start their first extraction using a STB method. it seams straight forward and hope to have good results; will keep everyone informed on how it goes.

swim only concern is after ordering all the materials and getting new glass etc, found out yay the environment and out air quality control, cant get vm+p naphtha in this area so swum had to get Colman camp fuel as recommended by others. well hoping that, that does not cause an issue like green spice but swim's understanding is worse case scenario just re-x? (please correct me if i am wrong)

Swim just finished making sodium carbonate out of bicarb to do a carbonate wash. (baking soda in a pan on high, until the reaction stops.)

so basically the plan is

NAOH + H20 let reaction stop.
add MHRB. let set up for an hour
add fuel. mix gently to avoid emulsifying.
let separate and decant
collect pulls.
take collected fuel layers and add wash (h20 + sodium carbonate)
shake and let separate.
decant 1 more time and evap fuel in a large flat dish.

repeat

after its all dried hope to have some nice crystals. but if not re-x.

please if swim missed anything or anyone had input please let me know.

as for freeze precipitation i may see if i can get a freezer to use. but as of now swim cant turn the freezer down low enough. and more so swim roommate prob wouldn't like his son asking what the jars of spice in the freezer are for. lol (fyi any cooking or traveling is not done with the child in the house)

swim pre apologizes if he shouldn't have gone over any of this in this forum but swim is very excited about his first chem project and wants to make sure he does it right.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

geko42
#2 Posted : 2/3/2012 6:10:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well Coleman fuel was a bad idea, but thank god swim took the advice of so many around here and not his own ideas, swim did a 50mg extraction first. got green crystals oops. (tryed a re-x but green was still there o well scraped that batch. swim isnt sure what chemical that dye is, no matter how hard he looked online, and figured wasnt worth the risk)

well went out and got zippo fuel and proceeded to do a 200mg extraction. 1st pull netted 2.36 grams of off white spice and 2nd pull brought .66 for a total of 3.02 grams of off white spice.

both times swim did a full evaporation.

swim was able to try about 10mg or so real quick with some green and it is very active got the walls melting and stuff creeping in the corners of my vision. swim hopes to have a chance this weekend to clear his head before taking the plunge.