We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-Acetoxy-DMT Options

bufoman
#1 Posted : 1/12/2009 5:13:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Does anyone know of anyone who has made this compound. There is an article published called bufotenine esters by Richard Glennon 1979.
The genereal method described is as follows:
5-OH-DMT (20mmol) was dissolved in aquesous NaOH (10% 115mL) and the solution cooled to 5 degrees celcius. Acid anhydride (20mmol) was added dropwise with stirring, temp maintained below 10 degrees. When addition is complete, NaOH (10%, 10ml) was added and reaction stirred at 5-10 degrees for an additional 10 min. Precipitate was collected and extracted with CHCl3 (6 x 15ml) the extracts were pooled and dried with Na2SO4, and evaporated to dryness.
Does NE one know anyone who has made this compound, attempted to make it, or knows of a method?

A friend of a friend attempted with the acetic anhydride with low yields. (She lives in Mexico where these compounds are legal). Although she claimed that she did not follow the NaOH solution and amount of anhydride exactly as in the paper but close so this may have been the issue? SWIM does not know as he has never attempted.

This compound would be quite interesting and should be looked into. It may even be able to be taken orally or as a salt with out the negitive effects of bufotenine salts although this is merely speculation, it should have a faster onset, and a slightly lower dose may be required although as shulgin says you can't know until it has been tasted.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#2 Posted : 1/13/2009 7:32:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this compound, if made pure, would likely be a better experience than bufotenine, but with the same general characteristics. Theoretically it should definitely absorb into the brain faster, and have less side effects. It sounds like a fascinating compound.

This is one chemical that should definitely be looked into. It could very well be a superior form bufotenine.

SWIM tried to make it a while ago using a very slow vinegar based tech with very impure bufotenine as the starting material. The resulting material was tasteless and odorless, very unlike bufotenine, so it seemed like the reaction worked at least to some extent. The effects seemed smoother than bufotenine. SWIM believes the amber impurities present were still very active and clouded up the resulting effects. Also he’s not sure all the bufotenine was converted. After all, he used only vinegar and not acetic anhydride. (Acetic anhydride is a highly watched chemical in some countries because it’s used to make heroin).

SWIM wants to try the reaction again using pure bufotenine and a better tech. He now has quite a bit of pure bufotenine to play around with. He has pure acetic acid, but no access to acetic anhydride. He thought about dissolving the bufotenine in pure acetic acid, adding magnesium sulfate to act as a sink for any water generated in the reaction, refluxing for a few hours, then freebasing with sodium carbonate and extracting with DCM.

SWIM would really like to try a tech that is proven to work. Does anyone have any other working techs that don’t involve the highly watched acetic anhydride?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.