We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Aya brew question - Caapi / Mimosa Options

SammaSam
#1 Posted : 1/31/2012 4:28:24 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

Working on my first-ever Aya brew right now and 2/3 of the way through my first 3-hour boil. Everything is going swimmingly, except for one thing - I'm pretty sure that if I filter this MHRB brew in an hour, there isn't going to be any MHRB left to reboil.

I had to use powdered Mimosa (all I had) which subsequently turned black and dissolved into the water as soon as it started to boil. If I pour this through a t-shirt to filter, I'm really not sure if there will be much (if any) raw material left to do the other 2 boils.

When using powder, is there typically a lot of loss between brews? I'm thinking it may be a better idea to just go ahead and boil this for 9 hours straight instead of filtering and re-brewing. Any thoughts? I have all day, time isn't an issue so I can keep one or both pots going for 9 hours without a break if I need to. Love any advice you can give!

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 1/31/2012 4:59:18 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

You'll be fine

Let it sit for a minute before filtering and most of it can stay in the pot. After your done with all the brewing let the brew sit in the fridge for a few days, and then rebrew the sediment that collects at the bottom

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SammaSam
#3 Posted : 1/31/2012 5:08:20 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

Thanks Smile I have about 10 mins left on the first round so I'll do that.

Is the "sediment" you mentioned the same as the "sludge" referred to in the "All About Aya" post? I thought that was supposed to be discarded?

Thanks for the assist, and just in time!

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

SammaSam
#4 Posted : 1/31/2012 5:10:41 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

Ugh and sorry for putting this in the wrong section, maybe a mod can move this... Meant to go in General Discussion :-/

universecannon
#5 Posted : 1/31/2012 6:21:20 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I brew enough for many many trips at once so i usually just leave it at the bottom of the jar and dont bother rebrewing it since its always already a strong enough of a tea for my liking, but i dont consume the sludge either since that tends to lead to a lot more nausea. I dont get any of it in me by carefully just sipping the tea

I just suggested you rebrew it since you seemed worried a lot of the mimosa would go through the shirt. You probably don't need to. But either way, when you have the final brew/brews in the containers let them sit for at least a day before drinking, so that your not consuming the sludge that settles on the bottom.. you can decant and discard it if you like

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

jamie
#6 Posted : 1/31/2012 6:25:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

there will be some left. Filter it and then put the solid material back into the pot to brew again.
Long live the unwoke.

SammaSam
#7 Posted : 1/31/2012 7:54:22 PM

φ ≡ (1+√5)/2 ≡ Me

Thanks everyone! I let it sit and it turned out fine - the original MHRB just collected at the bottom of the pan after a while. I'll be sure not to drink the sludge!!