We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
One-shot member? Options

anvilium
#1 Posted : 1/30/2012 9:23:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello people,

Excuse my being bold, but I have nothing new to offer to this forum, only a couple of questions. I came here because this appears to be the most thorough source of information for everything and anything related to the so-called Spirit Molecule.

I come here, then, kind of like a theoretician or a sports commentator, someone who is really an outsider in body and soul to this "sport", but with questions and comments to perhaps enrich your ever-growing database. Thank you everybody for your attention and for letting the world know the whole spectrum of the DMT experience, whether be it psycho-spiritual, chemical, medical, cultural, etc.

BTW, I am not a robot.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DeMenTed
#2 Posted : 1/30/2012 9:51:55 PM

Barry

Welcome and what are your questions?

universecannon
#3 Posted : 1/30/2012 9:52:52 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

whats your questions?

i take it you don't have any experience with psychedelics then, or?

anyways welcome to the forum. i hope you end up sticking around and finding this place of interest..also, swing by the chatroom sometime if you want

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 1/30/2012 10:00:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ask away.

anvilium
#5 Posted : 1/30/2012 10:00:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you universecannon, DeMenTed and Uncle Knucles. My two questions concern the chemistry of FASA conversion. I apologize beforehand to the moderators if this is not the place to ask:

Suppose you were to convert a small fraction (100-200mg) of freebase spice into a fumarate using the FASA tek. This means using proportionally minute amounts of fumaric acid (38mg) and acetone of course, then my guess is that such small amount may lead to greater loss of the final yield? (because of reaction, decanting, etc.) In other words, when is it too little to do extractions or conversions?

Another question, if the freebase spice was of unknown origin, perhaps it could still contain traces of naphtha instead of xylene. The Nexus Wiki says: Naphtha, however, is reported to cause fumaric acid to precipitate out of acetone, disrupting any significant chemical reaction from occurring.

Does this mean that if the freebase contains minute amounts of naptha, the FASA conversion would not work?