We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings to the Nexus! Options

jm2
#1 Posted : 1/27/2012 6:46:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey All,

Been getting more curious about the spirit molecule as of late, as well as mescaline, and through my research I decided I needed an account here.

I plan on doing a couple extractions to get things going. First off is the D-limonene extraction of mescaline from trichocereus. The second is a DMT extraction, but I still have a lot of research to do before decided on a tek and appropriate ethnobotanical(suggestions for a first extraction are welcome. Have had Organic chem so should be able to handle most teks).

A little about me. I am in the 25-35 range and have formal education in plant genetics. I have been growing cannabis for almost 15 years now as well, and am very familiar with most all aspects of cultivation, so please don't hesitate to pm me with growing questions or genetics questions if you have them.

Thanks for reading this, and have a nice day.

JM2

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 1/27/2012 7:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Welcome to the Nexus!Smile

Your area of expertise is most welcome here and Im sure your knowledge of such matters would be an asset to us.

Regarding DMT extraction, have a look at the Wiki as all the info you need is found therein.I would suggest MHRB as the plant material of choice to start with.

If you have the necessary equipment then Vovins tek is very satisfying indeed to perform and allows one to hone/fine-tune their skills plus get an understanding of the extraction processes rationale; the BLAB tek is wonderful for bumper yields, providing the bark (MHRB) has the goodies in to start with.

Once more, welcome aboard!
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 1/27/2012 5:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus! I'm a little jealous of you, the first extractions are always something special. Best of luck!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

JuremaSpaceship
#4 Posted : 1/27/2012 5:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome,

I too hope to do my first mescaline extraction this year, when it comes to Dmt extractions I only have a few under my belt but they were all successful (yielded about 1% from mhrb each time) I have found that noman's tek is VERY easy and efficient.

Good luck with everything, do lots of reading before you actually make a decision.
Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

jm2
#5 Posted : 1/28/2012 4:50:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!Smile

Your area of expertise is most welcome here and Im sure your knowledge of such matters would be an asset to us.

Regarding DMT extraction, have a look at the Wiki as all the info you need is found therein.I would suggest MHRB as the plant material of choice to start with.

If you have the necessary equipment then Vovins tek is very satisfying indeed to perform and allows one to hone/fine-tune their skills plus get an understanding of the extraction processes rationale; the BLAB tek is wonderful for bumper yields, providing the bark (MHRB) has the goodies in to start with.

Once more, welcome aboard!

Hey Corpus Callosum, and thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the tek advice, it is appreciated. I also sell surplus science equipment and have most of the lab gear to do this stuff right already. Looking forward to it, and hopefully I will have a camera by then and can post some pics of a non ghetto tek using labware instead of old smuckers jars, lol.

ragabr wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus! I'm a little jealous of you, the first extractions are always something special. Best of luck!

Thanks ragabr! Although this is my first DMT and mescaline experiments, I am not a stranger to exractions and the first one I did was a DXM extraction from a bunch of robotussin. Fun fun. Thanks for the well wishes.

JuremaSpaceship wrote:
Hello and welcome,

I too hope to do my first mescaline extraction this year, when it comes to Dmt extractions I only have a few under my belt but they were all successful (yielded about 1% from mhrb each time) I have found that noman's tek is VERY easy and efficient.

Good luck with everything, do lots of reading before you actually make a decision.

Hey JS. Thanks for the tips and good luck with your mes extraction!!

JM2

jm2
#6 Posted : 1/28/2012 6:22:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh,

Also was wondering what the protocol for supplier discussion is? I seem to remember reading posts that supplier discussion is not allowed, or limited to a certain area or something?

Anywho, perhaps I can tiptoe around the issue and still get my questions answered.

In my search for M.Hostilis, I have found several websites that seem promising. First up, are the google results when you type in "mimosa hostilis". You get a lot of places that are the species name dot com or dot net. Most of these claim to be direct from Brazil. Anyone have any experience with these vendors?

Also, in reading I found a place that is MJB....with lots of good reviews, and another place, something about research botanicals or something like that, but I can't find a URL with google.

Thanks,

JM2

JuremaSpaceship
#7 Posted : 1/28/2012 1:16:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered mine from an "incense" website...and was very very pleased with the shipping time and product quality.
It was shipped from the u.s. and it arrived in like 7 days. A bit pricey tho.

JuremaSpaceship
#8 Posted : 1/28/2012 1:43:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JM2:
"Looking forward to it, and hopefully I will have a camera by then and can post some pics of a non ghetto tek using labware instead of old smuckers jars, lol."

Haha pickle jar for me.