We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Daytime Photos of Tikal Ruins Options

3rdI
#21 Posted : 1/25/2012 4:35:11 PM

veni, vidi, spici

this is a truly amazing place, im not only very jelous that you guys are able to get to a place like this but to be able to transend the dimensions in such a place is amazing. These pics, along with Olympus Mon's "Tikal 21dec 2011" complete an amazing sounding and looking experience.

Your trip has inspired me to look into some special places on my own fair isle that may be of a similar significance. The only 1 i can think of right now is StoneHenge and while very cool place/monument i dont think it quite holds up against Tikal.

you guys are very lucky.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Rising Spirit
#22 Posted : 1/25/2012 5:21:58 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

3rdI wrote:
Your trip has inspired me to look into some special places on my own fair isle that may be of a similar significance. The only 1 i can think of right now is StoneHenge and while very cool place/monument i dont think it quite holds up against Tikal.

While I've never been there, I wouldn't discount the power of Stonehenge. It is, however, largely off limits. No chance of any privacy, for sure. How about finding a private, out-of-the way spot within the greater parameters of the Avebury Stone circle? You could quietly take a Spice lift-off and see how it feels? It's a magical place, too! Cool

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

3rdI
#23 Posted : 1/26/2012 9:57:05 AM

veni, vidi, spici

hello Rising Spirit,

i didnt mean to understate Stonehenges power, its just not quite as magnificent as Tikal.

I have driven past Stonehenge before and it is fenced off, but at 3am theres noone about and the fence isnt that highTwisted Evil

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Purges
#24 Posted : 1/26/2012 11:27:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit has a point. I am originally from that part of the world, and Stone Henge is indeed a magnificent structure, but unfortunately it is fenced off. The Avebury stones on the other hand are very easily accessible, and you could tuck yourself away on a nice Summers day and eat some shrooms or smoalk a little spice. It is a very quiet rural community and i doubt you would get flocks of tourists with cameras bothering you. In some ways Avebury actually has moar charm than the Henge IMO as it is so unspoilt, plus there isn't a whopping dual carriageway right next to it!!!

Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

3rdI
#25 Posted : 1/26/2012 11:48:22 AM

veni, vidi, spici

ha ha ha, i am, at this very moment, compiling a list of stone circles and barrows to visit in May on a little road trip and the Avebury stones are top of the list.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

polytrip
#26 Posted : 1/26/2012 2:33:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Purges wrote:
Rising Spirit has a point. I am originally from that part of the world, and Stone Henge is indeed a magnificent structure, but unfortunately it is fenced off. The Avebury stones on the other hand are very easily accessible, and you could tuck yourself away on a nice Summers day and eat some shrooms or smoalk a little spice. It is a very quiet rural community and i doubt you would get flocks of tourists with cameras bothering you. In some ways Avebury actually has moar charm than the Henge IMO as it is so unspoilt, plus there isn't a whopping dual carriageway right next to it!!!

I´ve been to avebury and it´s a very nice place. Not big and 'impressive', like i imagine tikal is. But it has a warm sort of atmosphere.

Purges
#27 Posted : 1/26/2012 2:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah for sure, but for those looking for sacred spots closer to home, this is a good candidate Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

SHroomtroll
#28 Posted : 1/26/2012 6:01:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol icehouse, somehow i figured u would look something like that. now da feds will get ya man!!

Awesome picures btw, are you guys still out traveling?

smokerx
#29 Posted : 1/26/2012 7:02:52 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Purges wrote:

That's it. This is the place where we gonna have that smoke remember Pleased

This place is very close to where I live.
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

TimePantry
#30 Posted : 1/27/2012 10:59:37 AM

It's a field.

Wow! So very, very beautiful. My favorite pic of all is the last one before the two pictures of the round stone. See all that varicolored lichen in the foreground? amazing. I dearly love to see nature so flourishing green and lush, because here in the city our patches of nature are spunky, yes, but unauthorized and much oppressed.

Thank you very much for the photos, especially for so many. Much easier to get the feel of the place with a lot of pictures. Smile
"What's wrong with that generation? ... Is this what comes of putting on Pink Floyd laser lightshows down at the Planetarium?" --Spider Robinson

Rising Spirit
#31 Posted : 1/27/2012 1:24:18 PM

BTW folks,

I want to make it clear that I was in no way implying that one shouldn't visit the Mayan ruins like Tikal, Palenque, Uxmal and the Toltec pyramid at Chichen Itza. On the contrary, Tikal is on my travel wish-list, as well as Palenque, Machu Picchu, the Great Pyramids in Giza, Avebury Stone Circle, New Grange in Ireland, the Temple of the Oracle in Delphi, etc, etc, etc... Wink

It's just that we might be surprised how much power is all around us and access what is local, in a addition to grand adventures like the one we are discussing. The most wonderful aspect of these fine folks visit, is the precious privacy allowed by them by the Great Spirit. So I too, am both a little jealous and thoroughly overjoyed by the good fortune of these traveling Nexian members.

Thank you Ice House, olympus mon and Mrs. Ice House, for sharing your exceptional journey!!! I find it fascinating that you can be so free of other pesky humanoids, at such a magnificent temple complex. The fact that you are imbibing Sacred Medicine makes it even that much more impressive. Kudos to you fine people and PLEASE post more pics of your travels!

Just adding a pic of Palenque, also one of the spots I've simply got to check out before I expire from this earthly dream.... this material, paradigmatic lifetime. Cool

Rising Spirit attached the following image(s):
palenque-temple.jpg (60kb) downloaded 102 time(s).

Ice House
#32 Posted : 1/28/2012 3:57:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Very nice picture Rising Spirit. Thanks for sharing. I have never been to Palenque. I would like to. Mexico is on my do not enter list for now. IMO, The karma there is bad. Yes there are many sacred speces out there ripe for the sort of visit we are speaking of in this thread. I'm actuall already planning another epic two week adventure this spring.

Thanks for sharing

Warm Regards

IH
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Rising Spirit
#33 Posted : 1/28/2012 5:02:15 AM

Ice House wrote:
I'm actuall already planning another epic two week adventure this spring.

Really? Excellent! Is it rude to ask where? Back to Tikal or perhaps you'll try Copan? Maybe it's best not to spoil the surprise. I hear you about Mexico, though. But there are other Mayan ruins to be seen outside of the Yucatan region.

Altun-Ha pyramid complex and Xunantunich pyramid are in Belize. Tazumal pyramid is in El Savador. Of course, there is the Incan site of Machu Pichu in Peru, IMO the only native ceremonial ruins to rival the magnificence of Tikal, outside of Mexico.

I've often fantasized about eating San Pedro or Peruvian Torch (or their extract) in such a location... but it may be too damned touristy? I'm almost certain it would be. Still, what a trip it would be to imbibe Spice and return to find yourself nestled in the breathtaking heights of the Andes. Cool

PREV12