We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Changa vs sublingual harmalas + DMT Options

tele
#1 Posted : 11/2/2011 10:00:04 PM
Explorer

I am a fan of sublingual 20-30mg caapi extract before vaping DMT. I'd like to ask has anyone any opinions on the differences(besides the taste) between vaped changa and sublingual harmalas+ vaped DMT?

Thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#2 Posted : 1/17/2012 11:47:38 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Well i cant really give a good opinion yet as i have never taken sublingual harmalas, However i am half way through my first vine extraction and should be able to try the sublingual route at the weekend, which i am looking forward to.

I made my first batch of proper Changa last week, i added rue hamalas to my infused herb, i think i used about 25% of the weight of jimjam (i think it was 250mg in 2g of infused herb). This was a very different experience to the Changa i have previously made with 10X caapi. It took a little longer to hit and when it arrived it crept up on me slowy and seemed to last longer and be generally more lovely.
It was a much nicer experience than infused leaf. I was expecting a trippy after glow but after about 10 mins i was back to baseline.

my friend tried some rue for the first time last week (3g of seeds), he reported an hour of acid type trippyness afterglow. I tried the same thing (with 3/3.5 and 4g of rue on different days) and found that afterwards i got maybe 30 mins of feeling ultimately content but very little trippyness.

Do you find that sublingual is similar to oral in regards to effect?

how long do you keep the hamalas under the tongue and how unpleasant is it keep them there?

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

tele
#3 Posted : 1/17/2012 12:10:10 PM
Explorer

3rdI wrote:
Well i cant really give a good opinion yet as i have never taken sublingual harmalas, However i am half way through my first vine extraction and should be able to try the sublingual route at the weekend, which i am looking forward to.

I made my first batch of proper Changa last week, i added rue hamalas to my infused herb, i think i used about 25% of the weight of jimjam (i think it was 250mg in 2g of infused herb). This was a very different experience to the Changa i have previously made with 10X caapi. It took a little longer to hit and when it arrived it crept up on me slowy and seemed to last longer and be generally more lovely.
It was a much nicer experience than infused leaf. I was expecting a trippy after glow but after about 10 mins i was back to baseline.

my friend tried some rue for the first time last week (3g of seeds), he reported an hour of acid type trippyness afterglow. I tried the same thing (with 3/3.5 and 4g of rue on different days) and found that afterwards i got maybe 30 mins of feeling ultimately content but very little trippyness.

Do you find that sublingual is similar to oral in regards to effect?

how long do you keep the hamalas under the tongue and how unpleasant is it keep them there?

I haven't tried oral harmalas...

They dissolve quickly under the tongue, it's rather nice. 10-30mg is all that's needed before freebase DMT

3rdI
#4 Posted : 1/17/2012 12:11:26 PM

veni, vidi, spici

cheers tele, i will get back to you on monday and let you know what happened.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

tele
#5 Posted : 1/19/2012 11:15:45 AM
Explorer

3rdI wrote:
cheers tele, i will get back to you on monday and let you know what happened.

OK, the full caapi effects on the vaporized DMT can be felt after about 40 minutes, as it takes some time to reveal it's full effects. Altough the caapi effects can be felt already after 10-20 minutes after sublingual dosing, but after some time they are stronger.

tele
#6 Posted : 1/20/2012 10:51:55 AM
Explorer

I am surprised so few people use sublingual harmala extract with vaped DMT. I hope 3rdI will post back results! Meanwhile I should probably try to make some of my own changa.

I'm just wondering, as both have harmalas and DMT in them, how can they be noticeably different, besides the amount of smoke and possible other herbs in changa that can have their own effects.

3rdI
#7 Posted : 1/20/2012 12:27:35 PM

veni, vidi, spici

tele wrote:
I'm just wondering, as both have harmalas and DMT in them, how can they be noticeably different, besides the amount of smoke and possible other herbs in changa that can have their own effects.

could some of the goodness in the hamalas be destroyed by the heat when you smoke/vape the changa? i would guess that you get a full dose when used sublingually but depending on vaping technique you could get a varying effects from the same amount.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

deadlight
#8 Posted : 1/20/2012 12:43:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i dont know about the actual chemistry behind it, but i switched to changa after trying freebase 3 or 4 times and havnt gone back since. i dont like messing around with timing things, needing special lighters and pipes, needing to perfect my lighting technique ect ect with changa a normal pipe is good and its so much easier to smoke when you want without having to think about it. also i find you can relax alot more when smoking, you can smoke slow and top up when you want. And for more harmalas you can 10/20x the caapi

tele
#9 Posted : 1/20/2012 4:54:56 PM
Explorer

stalepixel wrote:
i dont know about the actual chemistry behind it, but i switched to changa after trying freebase 3 or 4 times and havnt gone back since. i dont like messing around with timing things, needing special lighters and pipes, needing to perfect my lighting technique ect ect with changa a normal pipe is good and its so much easier to smoke when you want without having to think about it. also i find you can relax alot more when smoking, you can smoke slow and top up when you want. And for more harmalas you can 10/20x the caapi

No offense, but I am asking about difference in effects here.

zombicyckel
#10 Posted : 1/20/2012 11:01:23 PM

Armchair activist

Please tell the effect of sublingual caapi, what effect are you getting?

Is the effect the same when smoked?

How does it add to the dmt experience?

tele
#11 Posted : 1/21/2012 10:34:45 AM
Explorer

zombicyckel wrote:
Please tell the effect of sublingual caapi, what effect are you getting?

Is the effect the same when smoked?

How does it add to the dmt experience?

It lenghtens the breakthrough slightly and the comedown period is extended noticeably, so you can still feel some effects after about 30 minutes. It also gives it the caapi essence, which I think is very nice. Sometimes(but not always) for me plain DMT is like listening to a band without a bass guitar... MOR CAAPI!

zombicyckel
#12 Posted : 1/22/2012 5:11:56 AM

Armchair activist

Sounds like it is an important part then Very happy I will recieve my caapi this week. But I think customs toke my mimosa Sad second time ordering and fail. I will not give up anyway, money is of no real value

tele
#13 Posted : 1/22/2012 3:30:01 PM
Explorer

zombicyckel wrote:
Sounds like it is an important part then Very happy I will recieve my caapi this week. But I think customs toke my mimosa Sad second time ordering and fail. I will not give up anyway, money is of no real value

You are right.

But even if they took it, I think they should talk/ask you about what you want to use it for. May I ask in what country do you live?

If you can somehow make them understand it's for clothing coloring or other non-extraction use, then you even might get it from them. I wonder if in your country you even have laws against MHRB.

zombicyckel
#14 Posted : 1/22/2012 3:45:38 PM

Armchair activist

tele wrote:

You are right.

But even if they took it, I think they should talk/ask you about what you want to use it for. May I ask in what country do you live?

If you can somehow make them understand it's for clothing coloring or other non-extraction use, then you even might get it from them. I wonder if in your country you even have laws against MHRB.

I have ALOT of scars, would be perfect to tell them I need it for skin treatment. The thing is that it is legal, and I know that for a fact. I live in Sweden, and in 2011 the customs got more power so to say, if they suspect that it is going to be uses for drug use then they can destrou it without any permisson ect. I am thinking of calling them and give them some info, but I dont want to raise questions either. The only thing is to order again and hope they miss it.

But I dont know for a fact that they have taken it, but when I check tracking. I ordered the caapi 4 days before the mimosa. And the caapi was out for delivery 1 day after being recied in Sweden, and the mimosa has gone one week now and still no shipment.

tele
#15 Posted : 1/22/2012 4:22:02 PM
Explorer

zombicyckel wrote:
tele wrote:

You are right.

I have ALOT of scars, would be perfect to tell them I need it for skin treatment. The thing is that it is legal, and I know that for a fact. I live in Sweden, and in 2011 the customs got more power so to say, if they suspect that it is going to be uses for drug use then they can destrou it without any permisson ect. I am thinking of calling them and give them some info, but I dont want to raise questions either. The only thing is to order again and hope they miss it.

But I dont know for a fact that they have taken it, but when I check tracking. I ordered the caapi 4 days before the mimosa. And the caapi was out for delivery 1 day after being recied in Sweden, and the mimosa has gone one week now and still no shipment.

Are you sure the mimosa was dispatched by the seller?

If it for some weird reson got stuck at customs, you can contact them, or they contact you and just tell them it's natural treatment for scars.

zombicyckel
#16 Posted : 1/22/2012 4:32:06 PM

Armchair activist

Yes, or I think so. Since I can track it.

like this: sorted at post office
Shipped to Sweden
Received in Sweden

Will comment in this thread when I know for a fact, will be during this week. If it hasnt arrived this week, then they have taken it for sure. But I gave the supplier my name, number ect. One would think that they would contact me if there was any problem. Because they often stick the mobile number to the package. Also contacted the supplier about my concers, see if they maybe can help. Thanks for helping Smile

3rdI
#17 Posted : 1/23/2012 10:02:20 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Nightmare, sorry i failed on this tele, my caapi ext. left me with very few hamalas, not enough to use for even a single journey.

I have begun a fresh caapi ext. with some new black caapi and hopefully i can get it done next weekend.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

tele
#18 Posted : 1/23/2012 12:17:01 PM
Explorer

3rdI wrote:
Nightmare, sorry i failed on this tele, my caapi ext. left me with very few hamalas, not enough to use for even a single journey.

I have begun a fresh caapi ext. with some new black caapi and hopefully i can get it done next weekend.

I guess you got nothing if you don't even have 15-30mg?Smile

3rdI
#19 Posted : 1/23/2012 12:24:17 PM

veni, vidi, spici

nope, not a bean, i got a very small amount of dark powder which i didnt fancy at all.
Im hoping it was some poor quality caapi(white), as the tek seems to be easy to follow and many people seem to have had success with it, having said that, i still fail to pull crystals from the Q21Q21 tek after 7 months of tryingCrying or very sad

i started a run with black caapi so im hoping it will be more successfull, i will report my finding as and when
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

gory dkalz
#20 Posted : 1/23/2012 1:46:50 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas

I know this isn't the main topic of this discussion, but would sublingual harmalas enhance an insufflated DMT experience? I understand the spirit of the vine would still have its dreamy effects that add to the trip, but with the MAOI lengthen the trip at all?

I have my first pure harmalas and I plan on experimenting with various routes of administration to find what's perfect for me.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

123NEXT