We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
any luck with coleus?? Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 11/17/2008 10:46:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive got a plant ive beengrowing for about 6 months with tons of leaves.. anyone have any luck with this??
Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

lorax
#2 Posted : 11/18/2008 11:00:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

not really i have tried smoking a family head of it. but with me being a nonsmoker it wasnt that much of a success. i still have about 1kg of leaves tho. i will try and make extracts of it with different solvents. the first i want to try is acetone and ethanol.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/18/2008 6:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ya i was wondering about an extract, not sure about the whole fresh leaves only work thing, didnt seem to ring true for salvia so...
Long live the unwoke.

lorax
#4 Posted : 11/19/2008 11:08:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive read a tripreport somewhere on erowid where a dude makes a decoction of coleus and drinks this black liquid resulting in definate effects.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=46787
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 11/19/2008 4:41:08 PM

Teotzlcoatl

This plant is still under investigation.

Try various methods. Only certain strains are active.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Aegle
#6 Posted : 1/5/2009 7:36:42 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I would be fascinated if anyone has had substantial results with Coleus, Ive eaten the leaves once with not much results. I think that Coleus blumei can be useful, the key is to find and make sure you have the correct plant, there is so much history with this plant it cant have little or no effects. Melatonin is predominantly produced when you are sleeping, so maybe Coleus blumei has a link with dreaming states? Anyone have any thoughts?

Much peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Trips
#7 Posted : 1/6/2009 1:43:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Chewing the fresh leaves like a GIANT quid of Salvia is the only means through which I have been able to obtain effects. Only an opening of the head space was observed, though it was most certainly pronounced enough to warrant attention, it was not intense enough to make ignoring it impossible. After many MANY trials with Coleus Blumei grown under many many conditions, I must say I think it unlikely that any greater result be achieved without extraction.

It was a vague, slightly cloudy, but not clouded feeling... If that makes any sense.... Slight Euphoria, Slightly different appearance to things. Kindof floaty.

Aegle
#8 Posted : 1/6/2009 7:19:41 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Thank you for the information Smile I think there is something to this plant after all even if it is mild.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

psychonaut
#9 Posted : 1/7/2009 10:18:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

species you are looking for are
Solenostemon scutellarioides(was Coleus blumei before they changed the Family it was under)
afaik, they only remain active while FRESH(people have tried both dry material and extractions on dry material with no effect).
Very little in known, no active alkaloid has even been isolated! Good luck though, hope I helped.