We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Pure Synthetic THH does not activate oral DMT! Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 12/1/2011 6:10:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,
I set about on an experiment with some synthesized THH; I've posted my procedure synthetic pathway elsewhere on the forum. The identity of the compound was confirmed by NMR.

0 hours: 300 mg THH was eaten with 40mg DMT.
1 hour: No effects, 300 mg THH was eaten with 40mg DMT.
2 hours: Warm Body feeling- No DMT effects, 300 mg THH was eaten with 60 mg DMT.
3 hours: Lucid Intoxication, pleasant, no DMT effects 500 mg THH was eaten with 100 mg DMT.
4 hours: Strong, comfortable relaxing effects- NO DMT effects, 500 mg THH was eaten with 100 mg DMT.
5 hours: comfortable relaxing effects, - NO DMT effects, 500 mg THH was eaten with 100 mg DMT.
6 hours: No effects, 300 mg of harmine/harmaline ingested with 60 mg of DMT. 20 minutes later...

WAY FUCKING INSANE CRAZY INTENSE! So much different that usual MAO inhibition, so the THH clearly is having a pharmacological effect, IT DOES NOT orally activate DMT, which is contrary to many many reports from people who probably weren't taking THH anyways. My tripping partner had EXACTLY the same experience.

This THH was synthesized by Me, and subjected to NMR. The identity is confirmed, the doses were adequate.

Anyone who is orally activating DMT with THH likely does not have true THH.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 12/1/2011 6:31:43 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

you consumed over 2 GRAMS of thh and only got mild affects?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

InMotion
#3 Posted : 12/1/2011 7:02:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11336

Very curious the paper in this thread excludes mentioning THH as an inhibitor of MAO-A or MAO-B, but lists IC50 values for harmine and harmaline(still mentioning the presence of THH in the plant). It's known that THH does not affect GABA as well while harmine and harmaline do. Maybe it just doesn't inhibit at all? Laughing

Are you sure on your NMR analysis?

edit - also, this sounds like it could play a big role in the notorious pharma misfires.

Observant
#4 Posted : 12/1/2011 8:27:37 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

interesting...Real THH.... but ...would you consider yourself a hardhead?

Quote:
300 mg of harmine/harmaline ingested

that alone would be a little bit too much for me... far from comfortable
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

universecannon
#5 Posted : 12/1/2011 8:32:31 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

how odd! thanks for the info InMotion and Trips.. this is very interesting

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

soulfood
#6 Posted : 12/1/2011 9:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

That sounds like my kind of ride.

For the record, FV's "THH" orally activated DMT. Not that I'm flogging a dead horse or something. Smile

nen888
#7 Posted : 12/2/2011 1:03:10 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..D. McKenna et al's 1984 findings suggest that THH was comparable to DMT and NMT in it's oral MAOI activity..smoked or vaporized it should be an order of magnitude or so more potent in its effects..[see post#56-58 in entheogenic effects of nmt]...

ouro
#8 Posted : 12/2/2011 2:19:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the good work and report, trips. Could you describe the effects of the THH before adding the other harmalas and the dmt being activated a little more? Curious minds want to know...

Trips
#9 Posted : 12/2/2011 6:58:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes. I am 100% positive of my NMR analysis.

I can certainly elaborate on the effects of pure THH, but there is not a whole lot to be said.

I felt comfortable, and altered. Almost like an energetic opiate. There was little to no "buzz" or vibratory quality like with harmaline or harmala. It put me in an excellent mood considering my wife had let me know she was planning on leaving me (haha, weird time to do ayahuasca I suppose, but I felt like there was something I wasn't seeing that aya could show me).

That's really it. The compound itself definitely did not seem to have anything more than the mildest trace of a hint of visionary properties, even in the ridiculous doses I was taking. There was no buzz and no dmt activation.

Trips
#10 Posted : 12/2/2011 7:06:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Definitely not a hard head. I just have always used 300 mg harmaloids? Haha, I've never even really explored outside of that. Its effective, and uncomfortable. But aya is just kindof uncomfortable for me. But people seeking comfort will go for drugs that don't make them blast out of both ends as their body is rocketed through hell.

Maybe I'll try less in the future lol.

As to how the THH altered the experience -> I find rue extract+DMT to be very similar to mushrooms
I found the THH added to the rue+DMT to shift the experience to a state much closer to that provided by LSD. It was more clear, more energetic, more focused, and when confusion struck it was definitely more "acid-like".

nn-DreemMasterTree
#11 Posted : 1/17/2012 11:43:03 AM

samsara

soulfood wrote:
For the record, FV's "THH" orally activated DMT. Not that I'm flogging a dead horse or something. Smile

Yo soulfood, how much of FV's THH do I eat to orally activate my spice?
I got some and was thinking of having a go soon..

"Pay attention. And keep breathing." Terence McKenna

soulfood
#12 Posted : 1/17/2012 12:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nn-DreemMasterTree wrote:
soulfood wrote:

Yo soulfood, how much of FV's THH do I eat to orally activate my spice?
I got some and was thinking of having a go soon..

Well, I put THH in " "'s as it's been proven that FV's THH is or was actually harmine at the time.

According to this thread, THH does not orally activate DMT. Although I believe THH does potentiate other harmaloids.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 1/17/2012 12:17:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood was the FV's thh bought recently? do you still have it?

Trips, why in your synth, didnt you add ammonium hydroxide after adding ammonium chloride, to simply precipitate the THH and filter, instead of pulling with solvents and all that complicated solvent cleaning process?

We tried doing the zinc thing with vinegar and basing with sodium carb, so a lot of zinc carbonate also precipitated.. I sent to GC-MS to see if the conversion worked, Ill post the results next week probably.

soulfood
#14 Posted : 1/17/2012 6:34:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't purchased anything from FV in over 2 years.

Trips
#15 Posted : 10/1/2012 8:57:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I somewhat importantly forgot to add that from the actual trip onset, this was 12 hours of intense aya experience.

Eliyahu
#16 Posted : 10/2/2012 12:18:29 AM
סנדלפון

Trips wrote:
Hey guys,
I set about on an experiment with some synthesized THH; I've posted my procedure synthetic pathway elsewhere on the forum. The identity of the compound was confirmed by NMR.

0 hours: 300 mg THH was eaten with 40mg DMT.
1 hour: No effects, 300 mg THH was eaten with 40mg DMT.
2 hours: Warm Body feeling- No DMT effects, 300 mg THH was eaten with 60 mg DMT.
3 hours: Lucid Intoxication, pleasant, no DMT effects 500 mg THH was eaten with 100 mg DMT.
4 hours: Strong, comfortable relaxing effects- NO DMT effects, 500 mg THH was eaten with 100 mg DMT.
5 hours: comfortable relaxing effects, - NO DMT effects, 500 mg THH was eaten with 100 mg DMT.
6 hours: No effects, 300 mg of harmine/harmaline ingested with 60 mg of DMT. 20 minutes later...

WAY FUCKING INSANE CRAZY INTENSE! So much different that usual MAO inhibition, so the THH clearly is having a pharmacological effect, IT DOES NOT orally activate DMT, which is contrary to many many reports from people who probably weren't taking THH anyways. My tripping partner had EXACTLY the same experience.

This THH was synthesized by Me, and subjected to NMR. The identity is confirmed, the doses were adequate.

Anyone who is orally activating DMT with THH likely does not have true THH.

I have found out a similar thing...too bad you wasted all that THH though...

I prsonally believe that the harmine activates the THH, as does harmaline..
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Trips
#17 Posted : 10/4/2012 8:12:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lol how was it a waste?

The boundaries of knowledge were pushed, and I was ridiculously ayahuasca'd for 12 hours.

endlessness
#18 Posted : 10/4/2012 10:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean by "activating THH", eli? And how do you know you had any THH to begin with?

Btw trips, can your NMR method tell appart isomers?

Phlux-
#19 Posted : 10/4/2012 3:18:47 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

thh reduced from harmaline and harmine - acts about the same - not the strongest maoi effect compared to harmaline and harmine.

thh has odd and strong effects of its own - i prefer harmine with spice or harmaline with bud.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Infundibulum
#20 Posted : 10/4/2012 3:21:57 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Phlux- wrote:
thh reduced from harmaline and harmine - acts about the same - not the strongest maoi effect compared to harmaline and harmine.

thh has odd and strong effects of its own - i prefer harmine with spice or harmaline with bud.

but harmine cannot be reduced to thh...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

12NEXT