We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
3 years of sobriety Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 1/1/2012 7:17:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Today is a day of celebration for me. 3 years ago I was dying a slow yet certain death due to alcoholism. On January 1, 2009 I made a personal choice that changed my life. I chose to live life! To LIVE LIFE! Live it to the fullest every moment, experience my day to day life sober.

Yes I do have my moments of altered conciousness, that aspect of me will never change.

Base line for me on an average day is sober. It always will be.

For whatever reason I just cant hang, I'm a quitter. lol

I am always available to anyone out there who would like to talk.

Happy New Year Nexus.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

polytrip
#2 Posted : 1/1/2012 8:33:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
That´s great. Alcoholism is a true curse and quitting the stuff can be very, very hard. My father was an alcoholic so i know all about it.

I know that many war veterans suffer from this ugly disease, because society and the people that sent them out are ignorant or blind to the psychological pain, warfare causes. Unfortunately, the only way to kill that pain is to kill yourself...either fast or slow, like with alcohol.

The only other option is ofcourse the hardest: to live life, and let all the good things life has to offer compensate for that pain so that eventually, pain finds it´s place and becomes a memory instead of something that controlls every bit of you.

The paradox is ofcourse that in our greatest weaknesses, also lie our greatest strengths. Someone who can overcome all the stuff you´ve been through and can rise above it in a positive way, like you are doing, is ofcourse a very great and beautiful human being and a true hero.

Bless you ice house, and a great 2012.

Wax
#3 Posted : 1/1/2012 8:59:49 PM

LUVR

Way to go ice house!
I have known quite a few alcoholics that have all been very close to me, it is always a blessing when someone overcomes the control alcohol has on them.
There seems to be a visible change in the quality of life one experiences.
You are a strong man and I wish you the best.
Happy new year!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

ntwhtyouknw
#4 Posted : 1/1/2012 9:16:27 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

That's truly awesome.. It makes me really happy and hopeful to hear that.. Blessings..
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

polytrip
#5 Posted : 1/1/2012 10:47:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I also think three years is quite a long time and you´ve probably got the hardest part behind you already. Eventually there will come a time, and maybe that time has come already, that you won´t even think or dream about alcohol anymore.

It doesn´t take thát long untill you´re truly freeVery happy .

proto-pax
#6 Posted : 1/2/2012 11:52:04 AM

bird-brain

Good ice house that's awesome to hear!
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

smokerx
#7 Posted : 1/2/2012 12:00:49 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Congratulation my friend it was a great choice you made 3 years ago otherwise 1. you would be probably dead or near it. 2. we would not have you here and we would miss you Pleased

happy new year to you friend

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Purges
#8 Posted : 1/2/2012 12:22:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rock on dude! I saw my brother killing himself for the best part of 10 years and I know first hand what agony alcoholism causes. Took him 2 years in rehab and 1 relapse (only 1! so proud of him) before he went completely dry.

Point being, I know how hard it is, and I know the fate you avoided. You have done yourself and your family a great service, so WELL DONE!!! Cool
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

SpartanII
#9 Posted : 1/5/2012 1:03:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WAT TO GO ICE HOUSE!!!Very happy

Alcohol is some nasty shiat, I quit drinking the stuff about a year ago and now every time I think about the taste, I literally feel sick to my stomach. Don't miss it at all.

Do you feel physically/mentally healthier? I've noticed a big difference myself.

Quitters unite!Wink

ntwhtyouknw
#10 Posted : 1/6/2012 9:11:43 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

Midnight will make 1 whole year for me, didn't know it would be this great.
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 1/12/2012 10:35:27 PM

John Murdoch IV

Congratulations mate Smile
Good luck and keep up the good work.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

InMotion
#12 Posted : 1/14/2012 6:58:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Congratulations Smile get's better every day

q21q21
#13 Posted : 1/14/2012 7:26:28 PM

SWIM

Congrats
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

SHroomtroll
#14 Posted : 1/14/2012 7:32:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good for you man, ive been lucky enough to not like drinking that much at all since i got older.

A big factor is that both my parents have problems with it and i really don´t wan´t to follow their footsteps in that regard.

A few beers or shots of vodka can be fine once in a while but only a few, i hate being drunk and find the hangovers unbearable.

At festivals or parties i can have a few drinks to get in a good mood but after that something else needs to take over, preferably lsd in moderate amounts Razz