We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
DMT-Nexus WiKi Options

varun
#21 Posted : 12/19/2008 11:32:29 AM

jo_cosmic

Awesome! Just signed up. I hope I can make some kind of contribution. I'm very proud to be part of this great community.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#22 Posted : 12/19/2008 4:40:00 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Welcome to the wiki varun, your account has been activated.

And amor_fati, great work you did.

endlessness
#23 Posted : 12/20/2008 3:16:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wrote some in the botanical consideration, pulverization (I added 'and cleaning'Pleased and so on

the problem is, I dont know the codes, so its shitty formatting, very confusing.. if someone can help (and check if what I wrote is ok)

Also one thing I want to know is what is the best way to put the sources and references (so far I just added the alkaloid content of another mimosa called ophthalmocentra, which SWIM has some seeds of)

The Traveler
#24 Posted : 12/20/2008 4:35:43 PM

"No, seriously"

endlessness wrote:
I just wrote some in the botanical consideration, pulverization (I added 'and cleaning'Pleased and so on

the problem is, I dont know the codes, so its shitty formatting, very confusing.. if someone can help (and check if what I wrote is ok)

Also one thing I want to know is what is the best way to put the sources and references (so far I just added the alkaloid content of another mimosa called ophthalmocentra, which SWIM has some seeds of)

The content looks fine for me, I'll start the markup now, don't worry about it. Pleased

The Traveler
#25 Posted : 12/20/2008 5:50:36 PM

"No, seriously"

Ok, I souped up the markup and changed the text a bit.

I also uploaded the pictures to the Wiki so we are not dependent anymore.

amor_fati
#26 Posted : 12/20/2008 8:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks for the addition, Endlessness! I did some verbal styling edits and some minor structural changes to help better integrate it into the handbook.

SWIM'll try to get some new additions on there later today.

endlessness
#27 Posted : 12/20/2008 9:44:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent Smile

- mattress -
#28 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:31:26 PM

Mathew

Nicely done. Good work to everyone involved Smile
Xochipilli

amor_fati
#29 Posted : 1/6/2009 6:18:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's been on a slight hiatus for a little while, but he'll back at it again this week. There's a lot of work that needs to be done on the DMT-Containing Plants Wiki, so if anyone could just pick a plant or two and enter as much information as possible, it'd be a big help.

SWIM's still set on getting at least the handbook complete this month, so if anyone knows of an easy way to convert a wiki to a pdf, tips would be helpful. There should be a release by the end of the month which will likely be revised on a quarterly basis.

polytrip
#30 Posted : 1/8/2009 11:12:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
TIKHAL is not a very reliable source when it comes to botanical knowledge. Much of it is pure speculation like 'it might be that DMT is responsible for the plants hallucinogenic effects'.
I don't remember if it was in TIKHAL, but Shulgin wrote somewhere that he thought there was DMT in; fly agaric, salvia divinorum and datura. Of these three plants i am absolutely shure that they don't contain any DMT and that their effects are caused by; Ibotenic acid and muscimol, Salvinorin A, atropin and other tropanes such as hyosciamin, daturine, scopolamin.

The Traveler
#31 Posted : 1/17/2009 4:58:33 PM

"No, seriously"

Ok ,the DMT containing plants section needs to be cleared up, who's in for the job? Pleased

I just completed the Scientific articles on psychedelics entry.

polytrip
#32 Posted : 1/17/2009 8:28:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Some plants we're all pretty sure about. So the best thing to do seems to me, to make a list of all the plants of wich it's dubious if they contain DMT, 5-MeO-DMT or any other psycho-active, close relative. There will most likely be other ingredients in some plants of wich their relatedness to DMT is unclear (like the mysterious jungle spice). There are some people on this forum who have the skills and equipment to find out for each of them. I admid the list of candidate-plants is quite long, though.
I think the 'information' or 'general discussions' forums would be a good place for such a thread.
Anyway; fly-agaric does not contain DMT, datura and brugmansia do not contain DMT and salvia does not either.

- mattress -
#33 Posted : 1/30/2009 1:26:13 AM

Mathew

The Traveler wrote:
Ok ,the DMT containing plants section needs to be cleared up, who's in for the job? Pleased

I've got the complete psychoactive plant encyclopedia at home. Over 1000 pages of goodness. When I get the time, I go through the DMT containing plants and update it.
Xochipilli

The Traveler
#34 Posted : 1/30/2009 7:24:08 AM

"No, seriously"

- mattress - wrote:
The Traveler wrote:

I've got the complete psychoactive plant encyclopedia at home. Over 1000 pages of goodness. When I get the time, I go through the DMT containing plants and update it.

Perfect! This way the knowledge keeps growing, thank you all.

amor_fati
#35 Posted : 1/30/2009 11:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've turned out to be much more busy than I had anticipated for the last month (as has SWIM...he's barely traversed hyperspace at all lately), so there won't be a pdf release of the handbook this month. I'll refrain from making estimates as to when for a while until it picks up more momentum. I had anticipated a bit more contribution from others on the site, but no such luck. I did however find an easy way to export the page as a pdf, so it'll just be a matter of editing when it gets to that point.

The wiki itself seems to be coming along great thanks largely to the efforts Traveller and Blazingnikons, and I've said before, those are the most important projects to knock out in terms of the forums. Thanks guys!

amor_fati
#36 Posted : 2/3/2009 11:10:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Traveller, any thoughts about porting this over to a mediawiki on the nexus server?

The Traveler
#37 Posted : 2/6/2009 4:21:50 PM

"No, seriously"

amor_fati wrote:
Traveller, any thoughts about porting this over to a mediawiki on the nexus server?

I assume you like MediaWiki since it's the original Wiki and you can easily interchange between Wikipedia?

I like MediaWiki too but I really, REALLY hate PHP and I don't like MySQL much. Those two programs eat a lot of resources. I can remember the relief when I finally got rid of that pesky bunch on the server.

If you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY and I mean REALLY need it then I'll try it.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

amor_fati
#38 Posted : 2/6/2009 4:25:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not a big deal at all, but yes it is a somewhat more comfortable wiki environment.

The Traveler
#39 Posted : 2/8/2009 7:05:32 PM

"No, seriously"

amor_fati wrote:

I said I didn't like it but in the end I thought about it as a challenge to get PHP, MySql and MediaWiki working on IIS7 and Windows 2008 Server.

As you might have noticed I fulfilled the challenge and we now have MediaWiki as our Wiki environment. The bad part is that you have to convert the existing wiki's from the old to the new, especially all the files might be a bit of work.

You can still find the old wiki at: http://wikiold.dmt-nexus.me

Kind regards,

The Traveler

amor_fati
#40 Posted : 2/8/2009 11:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful! I got a good start on the handbook here: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Nexian_DMT_Handbook

Thanks Traveler!

We need some links to the articles on the main page. I don't have permissions to edit it, myself.

Also, the handbook itself is getting quite long and is only going to get longer, so I'll try figure out ways to trim it down. We're not going to be able to go so in depth on cultivation and refinery, so I'll either move those to the plants' pages or have a separate page for it.

Perhaps some of the tek authors out there should build wikis for their teks, as well.

PREV1234NEXT