We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
BioPsychiatry.com request for educated review? Options

Aetherius Rimor
#1 Posted : 1/11/2012 4:43:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Was reading some information about Adderall, which lead me to reading about an expalanation of Racemic mixtures, which lead me to reading about Methamphemtamine which lead me to reading about Pervitin on this http://amphetamines.com/nazi.html which had a link to "The Good Drug Guide" linking to BioPsychiatry.com

This wild ride of reading materials on various subjects is my day to day activities and how I learn what I know.

Anyways, was reading BioPsychiatry, and it was really interesting, but then my "Propaganda" bells started ringing and I immediately became suspicious of everything I read. The site is in a web-ring of sites that appear to be created by the same person, all pro-drug related.

However... everything I'm reading isn't conflicting with any other reliable information I've heard before.

Has anyone seen this site, and does anyone have any comments about it? Any fact based disputes of the information it provides?

How accurate is it? I'm almost to the point of recommending it for reading to some friends, but it's outside of my ability to verify everything on it, so asking for more opinions before I consider doing that.

Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 1/12/2012 1:15:08 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

they're all linked to Hedweb, David Pearce's site.
if they have refs next to statements, delve deeper. otherwise, you're doing right by questioning.

I've noticed that some people like to mock people who demand references to back up claims, because they're as blind as christian evangelicals. they have some deluded idea that science is founded on agendas or something Rolling eyes
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Aetherius Rimor
#3 Posted : 1/12/2012 3:25:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
if they have refs next to statements, delve deeper. otherwise, you're doing right by questioning.

Hah, that's one of the things that kept the site credible in my eye's. Plenty of internal links as references, and followed quite a few.

Just only so much I can verify properly though.

What's the general opinion of David Pearce?

benzyme
#4 Posted : 1/12/2012 3:37:51 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

very intelligent man, no doubt; he has a bit of a following, sort of like David Icke.
so as you can imagine, he attracts a lot of 'fringe' freaks, to put it lightly; but that's
fanaticism for you. some people love to believe wholeheartedly in something

btw, I think the site is legit for the aformentioned reason (plenty of references). back in the day, 'twas one of my favorite sites, along with Deoxy, and Lycaeum. I would've likely never heard about rasagiline if it weren't for hedweb. even the advanced drug mods at bluelight never heard of it, and those goons make me look more humble than a monk. Laughing
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck