We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does DMT float? Options

lontana da verita
#1 Posted : 11/15/2011 6:23:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been experimenting with different non-extraction delivery methods (A couple botched extractions cost me a lot of MHRB). Recently, I've been mixing several grams of MHRB in distilled water over the course of a few days in a jar. I decided to leave some of the liquid from one my mixes out for a day, just cause. When I came home I found that a thin multicolored film dotted with small crystals had formed on the top. This was rather unwieldy, but I used a spoon to remove the film to a separate container, and another formed not that much later. I'm wondering if this is usable material more highly concentrated than the liquid from where it came, or something else entirely. I'm gonna give it a shot in a couple days either way, but I'd like some feedback first. Would DMT naturally rise to the top given enough time in solution?
Everything I post is complete fiction. Any similarities to real events or people is entirely coincidence.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/15/2011 6:34:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

did you add base to that mimosa? If not, I doubt your dmt would have crystallized out of water because it should be acidic and dmt would be very soluble in water.

If it was based, then yeah there is this possibility. Some time ago someone came up with a "just water" tek for mimosa extraction by adding base and letting the crystals precipitate. It seems a big part would float to the surface. Also in Ice House's fast fumarate-to-freebase conversion, dmt rises to the top. Nevertheless ive also seen in slow fumarate-to-freebase tek, dmt be on the bottom, so I think both are possible.

Regarding to what you have there, you can always try to separate, then redissolve in acidic water and reprecipitate with a base.

SKA
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 2:11:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thx endlessness. Would you have links to those 2 Teks you just mentioned?

So the tek you described basically goes as following?
-Mix MHRB powder with destilled water
-Add Lye to basify the mix & mix contents well.
-Strain out the MHRB pulp with a cheesecloth and save the aquatious solution.
-Put this solution in the freezer for a minute or 3
-filter out the precipitated crystals with a coffee filter?

( or replace the last 2 steps by just letting the water evaporise to leave a crystal residue?)

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/17/2011 2:35:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, its an a/b, so you have to do acidic soaks/boils before.. and the crystallization was at room temp or fridge, and it took days. many people did NOT get it to work, including ice house (ask him if you want) so if you try it, be sure to know its not foolproof and its known to fail for some people

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=19438

wingchun
#5 Posted : 1/7/2012 11:43:21 AM

Sifu

SWIM suggests you try a gentle heat and patience...

SWIM has found that after a double A/B, leaving the basified water
, in a wine bottle / similar on an electric frypan set on lowest
possible simmer - wait 2-3 hours at least - come back and find
a layer of whitish spice...

Have been playing around with ways to get at it without solvent...
but nothing nice yet.

So - yeah, spice floats