We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[NEW FUNCTIONALITY] Mobile view! Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 12/30/2011 8:31:07 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi all,

In the past the DMT-nexus looked already pretty good on the new smartphones. However, when you looked at a thread via the modern mobile browsers it always showed you the text of the posts while you could not see who made those posts without having to scroll to the left, not very handy to say the least.

I now made a mobile view where the userbox with the member avatar is hidden. That way you can scroll through the posts and see who made the posts at the same time.

The options for the mobile view are quite diverse. Not only can you force the forum to show you the mobile view, you can also let the forum auto-detect if you are on a mobile device and show you the best possible view. That is very handy for people who both have a normal desktop and a mobile device.

You can set the following options via edit your profile:

Autodetect Mobile View

This switches on the automatic detection of mobile devices.

It works pretty good and it should detect all modern mobile devices. If however your device is not detected as a mobile device then check this page with your MOBILE DEVICE(!) and PM me the text you see on that page. That way I can probably include your device as a mobile device to detect.

Force Mobile View

This overrides the [Autodetect Mobile View] setting and will show you the mobile view regardless if you are detected as a mobile device or not.

Use low bandwidth setting when in Mobile View

This option is meant to spare you some data traffic. The following measures are taken if you switch on this option:
* The logo banner at the top will show a special low bandwidth version (less beautiful but still functional).
* All ATTACHED images are now max 400pixels wide (normally they are 800pixels wide).

Show no Signatures when in Mobile View

When switched on, it will not show the signatures while in mobile view. This will safe bandwidth and valuable screen area.

I hope you all enjoy this new functionality. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ntwhtyouknw
#2 Posted : 12/30/2011 9:28:52 PM

You do not have to see alike, feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike

Awe-some
Toadfreak!

Travel like a king
Listen to the inner voice
A higher wisdom is at work for you
Conquering the stumbling blocks come easier
When the conqueror is in tune with the infinite
Every ending is a new beginning
Life is an endless unfoldment
Change your mind, and you change your relation to time
Free your mind and the rest will follow

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#3 Posted : 12/31/2011 2:18:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Traveler, I am mostly ltd to smartphone browsing these days. This should make it much easier.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Sublime
#4 Posted : 12/31/2011 6:42:06 AM

Intraterrestrial

Very nice, I was thinking about this recently. Even a free app would be nice if we could somehow incorporate the entire website into it.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Bill Cipher
#5 Posted : 12/31/2011 8:20:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you ever sleep, Traveler?

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 12/31/2011 11:37:07 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Uncle Knucles wrote:

Laughing
Probably not since I added another addition to the mobile settings:

Show no Signatures when in Mobile View

When switched on, it will not show the signatures while in mobile view. This will safe bandwidth and valuable screen area.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

smokerx
#7 Posted : 12/31/2011 11:45:45 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Uncle Knucles wrote:

Smile I don't think he does
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

kyrolima
#8 Posted : 12/31/2011 4:03:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

we love you moare than fleedy!
elusive illusion

tony
#9 Posted : 1/2/2012 8:33:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is so much better! I have been stuck with only web access on a crappy phone now for ages and having to scroll left and right all the time on here was getting irritating. Great work traveler!
-ะฏ ฮž โˆš ฮฉ L U T โ†‘ Ø N-