We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Self-improvement through DMT Options

Hyperspacenoob
#1 Posted : 12/9/2011 6:16:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if you guys also have a feeling that DMT teaches you a certain wisom about life? I have the feeling it makes me aware of the fact that I have only one life to live and that I must live it the right way, I feel it teaches me to see life as a gift, every day as a new day full of opportunity instead of thinking of life as a bunch of obligations. For example my view on studying is seriously altered by DMT, I used to think of it as some kind of necessary evil to achieve a nice job in the future, now I tend to think more of it like a precious opportunity to improve and develop myself, off course everyone knows studying is something good that helps you develop yourself etc. but I really feel this way now instead of just knowing it. I also feel encouraged to spread love and ignore my ego when I use DMT.

What I want to say is that I feel like it's really helping me to become a better more genuine person, is this just an illusion or a temporary effect or do you guys really believe that DMT has the power to make us better people and step by step improve the world around us?

I'm looking forward to hear your opinions and experiences about this subject

Greetings a 19 year old student from Europe Very happy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#2 Posted : 12/9/2011 6:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, the wisdom of spice is indeed something that "marks" you.
for any reason some people describe it as life changing.
from my self experience, unless you do it everyday, you will step in your "usual awareness" again in a few days.
but it is like every life changing event (like those seminars that people pay a lot to participate in) and that really can teach you something, but what happens after that, the bliss, the oneness?
you either integrate that well, and spend the next days working with the subject in question, going deep into it, embracing the change it may bring to you...
or you just did have a pretty drug experience, and in some amount of time you will return to your old self...
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

empire
#3 Posted : 12/9/2011 6:49:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started using LSD and other hallucinogens about 3 years ago. It make me a more genuine and honest person. I've been of all "drugs" for the past 5-6 months and feel this deep affection towards everything still and I have an eager will to do right. Probably DMT can do the same thing. What you learn from these experiences often stays in you a long time, I think. But I also know it's possible to fall into old habits and temporarily loose the new view of things. It's all about staying alert, avoiding sleeping while awake.

AllIsDistraction
#4 Posted : 12/9/2011 6:57:44 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

Greetings Hyperspacenoob!

It's funny because I consider myself the same thing, a hyperspace noob... I'm pretty new to the DMT path. That being the case I can still completely identify with what you're saying. DMT seems to be persistently trying to show me things, and help me understand and grow. Because just like you said, there's a difference between "knowing" something and "feeling" it.

My few voyages into the unknown have really helped me feel and comprehend what it means to know that you create your own existence. When I'm under the influence it all just seems to make sense... "Of course I create everything I see before my eyes! Obviously!" It makes me strive to create a beautiful reality.

And to a greater degree it is helping me overcome a psychological addiction I've been combating for years. And on top of that my cannibus consumption is down, too. So many positive things are coming to me.

I think it's important to remember that the DMT is only a door frame, only a tool. It is not the DMT itself that will make you a better person. You are still responsible for walking through the door, you are still the one who has to improve your life. It gives you a very clear decision to make by showing you the ways that you can evolve and the person that you can become. And a decision like that, despite being painfully obvious as to which route to take, is still a decision YOU have to make.
Learning to know that I do not know.

obliguhl
#5 Posted : 12/9/2011 7:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I was wondering if you guys also have a feeling that DMT teaches you a certain wisom about life?

It doesn't teach you about life. It teaches you LIFE.

probe
#6 Posted : 12/9/2011 8:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

certainly it does! journeys with dmt and aya made me change my life radical. im a calmer better person now then i have ever been and by changeing my self everything seems to fall right in my lap now a days.
I am Probe. A gatherer of information. My mission is to absorb and expand. When Probe has absorbed and expanded Probe always comes back to base to report and re-fuel. Probe is always true and thorough for the cause of the expansion of the collective counsiousness.
When information is accumulated and stored Probe is ready to be sent back in to gather more!

tele
#7 Posted : 12/9/2011 9:13:49 PM
Explorer

Heals my mind&body, every timeWink Something that can come only from true extacy(even if it's powerful beyond imagination)

oden
#8 Posted : 12/9/2011 9:18:06 PM

odin the one

Yes the change... it gave me an understanding about life that no one seemed to be able to explane in a way i could accept..make me a better ..YES!! it is the LIGHT! it has a way of showing what you need to know and learn.. we are energy we will never stop..the friends i have lost have just truly moved on..i will never look at a funeral the same way again.. it also made me truly understand how magical and important the life we were given is and not to take it for granted..it removed the sadness and worry of the things i saw happening around this world..much respect for it... but it does take bravery to learn these facts... it can rip you apart, then put you back together.. it is what it is. perfect in all it does.... peace<3 Oden

Dream2Awaken
#9 Posted : 12/9/2011 10:08:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe when we learn how to integrate what we learn on DMT. We begin to change for the better. It has changed my way of life completely. All for the better. It's up to you ultimately if it's temporary or permanent.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

Hyperspacenoob
#10 Posted : 12/10/2011 5:51:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies Smile Off course you can ignore the things it teaches you, but I'm glad to see that some of you also believe DMT-wisdom can help you becoming a better person if u want to.

Felnik
#11 Posted : 12/10/2011 6:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has had ratical positive effects on my life and has
Helped my life in ways I don't even fully understand .
The loving reverberations from hyperspace seem to
Continue into my waking life now .. it has become a central
Part of my healing , learning, living and loving ....
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

universecannon
#12 Posted : 12/10/2011 7:35:01 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

there are no limits

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

SpartanII
#13 Posted : 12/11/2011 12:44:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can get powerful insights from DMT and other psychs but unless you have a structure around which to continually grow it's easy to fall back into your ego.

Mine is daily meditation, journaling my thoughts and experiences, Lucid Dreaming, Chi Gong, along with continuously working on building my family relationships.

Ez
#14 Posted : 12/11/2011 1:06:24 AM

"Love is the medicine."

Nailed it!
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

Hyperspacenoob
#15 Posted : 12/29/2011 5:08:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for all the positive comments, keep up the good work Pleased

embracethevoid
#16 Posted : 12/30/2011 3:54:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The fact that ayahuasca leads to serotonergic upregulation and receptor density increase in combination with the observation that hallucinogens such as DMT promote neuroplasticity is more than enough evidence to say without doubt that DMThuasca can make you a better person and with a concerted effort to actually BE a better person, the answer can only be a resounding YES!

Great reads:
http://www.ayahuasca.com...ogenesis-and-depression/
http://biologyofkundalin...p?story=TheCrystalPalace

There are endogenous tryptamines and beta-carbolines (let's just say the brain releases pinohuasca Razz) at play here. The pineal gland releases its own beta-carboline (pinoline:6-methoxy-tetrahydrobetacarboline). Likewise sustained DMT usage will train the circuits of the brain to enhance pinohuasca neurotransmission: I can personally attest to this and I'm sure most of you can too Smile

vovin
#17 Posted : 12/30/2011 5:38:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

DMT is a drug and like any drug the experience is only worth what you take from it. Putting to much into DMT leads to flights of fancy. It's powerful but it is by no means super magic secret that will unlock all the cosmic secrets only to you because you are the 'one'. DMT has it's place and in the grand scheme of things it's role is limited. I might even go so far as to say in the modern mentality that it can often mislead more than it leads. The fact is I am looking at the posts here and I see the trend. The trend is escape not exploration. Tell you the truth I think some people get a little over excited about it. It makes such a impact the think it's the secret. The mystery they have always sought. They place so much faith. But in the end it is simply a drug and the facades just a illusion. a Fragment of a fractured mind that drove you to take the most extreme of adventure. It is a magic in and of itself feed to those who are seeking a sirens song bringing wayward wanderers to it's rocky shore.

I fear that this modern transition has been in a negative direction. DMT has become the cool hipsters weed, not a method of sacred exploration. The 'journey' has been replaced by the trip. Firing up a bowl of changa as you did the day before in the same setting and in the same way is not exploration, it is drug use. Exploration is a methodical practice using scientific manner and method where the drug is used in a controlled situation where variables are introduced studied and understood, where the experience is logged and analyzed. This game of getting fucked up on your couch after work everyday is just a groovy new way of getting stoned. The shamans have been replaced by a nothing more than a legion of couch philosophers. DMT for a shaman it was a tool. It meant something, something sacred. I'll tell you right here and now I dont use my tek. I dare you to ask me why.

What bothers me most is not one has asked the question. What comes after one has finished with DMT. What comes thereafter.
Fact of the matter is I have screwed with this drug in ways and means that I will never say and I have found it's sole worth to be in the ability to give new and objectionable perspective but only to a disciplined mind. The illusion DMT you see gives secrets to the mind of the user, but in subtle ways it seeks to distract as much as it seeks to inform thus the only ones who attain the wisdom is those who are not distracted by the 'beautiful slideshow' Your not there for the pretty lights. You are there for a reason. Which I think most here have lost and thus the reason I am not willing to give out anything anymore.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

tele
#18 Posted : 12/30/2011 9:55:08 PM
Explorer

vovin wrote:
DMT is a drug and like any drug the experience is only worth what you take from it. Putting to much into DMT leads to flights of fancy. It's powerful but it is by no means super magic secret that will unlock all the cosmic secrets only to you because you are the 'one'.

I think it's hard to be over excited about DMT, but I agree with this point.

Quote:
I fear that this modern transition has been in a negative direction. DMT has become the cool hipsters weed, not a method of sacred exploration. The 'journey' has been replaced by the trip. Firing up a bowl of changa as you did the day before in the same setting and in the same way is not exploration, it is drug use. Exploration is a methodical practice using scientific manner and method where the drug is used in a controlled situation where variables are introduced studied and understood, where the experience is logged and analyzed. This game of getting fucked up on your couch after work everyday is just a groovy new way of getting stoned. The shamans have been replaced by a nothing more than a legion of couch philosophers. DMT for a shaman it was a tool. It meant something, something sacred. I'll tell you right here and now I dont use my tek. I dare you to ask me why.

I am glad there are people (I think even majority of nexians), who definately don't use it "lightly" like that, "to get f'd up", recreationally, etc.

arcanum
#19 Posted : 12/31/2011 12:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
"I'll tell you right here and now I dont use my tek. I dare you to ask me why".

Why?( genuine interest by the way, not sarcasm)

RebornInSmoke
#20 Posted : 12/31/2011 1:43:16 AM

Lysergic Feline

Vovin, I too, am genuinely interested.
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

12NEXT