We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello Options

AntiEgo
#1 Posted : 12/24/2011 4:11:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I finally decided to join this forum, I have been reading articles on the nexus for quite sometime, and believe that my own experiences may be able to help contribute to this community, as well as broaden my social spectrum with fellow students of entheogens. Above all I believe in respecting the plants, if you abuse them, they will abuse you; That is my philosophy. My main interest are in spirituality and meditation. I believe that the culture of Ayahuasca as well as DMT needs to be respected and seen as tools, not ways of tripping for "fun." I believe the most important things in life are love, respect, and responsibility.

I have a wide range of knowledge and I love to share information.Pleased
"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels. Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty." -Gospel of Thomas

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 12/24/2011 4:37:48 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..a warm welcome AntiEgo..Very happy you wrote:
Quote:
Above all I believe in respecting the plants, if you abuse them, they will abuse you; That is my philosophy. My main interest are in spirituality and meditation. I believe that the culture of Ayahuasca as well as DMT needs to be respected and seen as tools, not ways of tripping for "fun." I believe the most important things in life are love, respect, and responsibility.

..couldn't have put it better myself..i totally concur with you..in fact, the plants have been guiding me back towards healing work, and i will be more focused on these aspects i feel in the nex in the near future..
..great to have you about (for the plants alsoSmile )
look forward to your contributions..

AntiEgo
#3 Posted : 12/24/2011 5:02:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Me first breakthrough actually occurred during a deep meditation. Some call it the kundalini energy awakening the third eye. That experienced changed my life greatly. It was researching that experience where i stumbled upon Terrence Mekenna and one of his speeches on DMT. I was completely blown away how his description of DMT journeys where so similar to the experienced I had. I am a student of theology working towards my Masters, so I have a wide range of knowledge on mythology, religion, and Hermeticism. This tends to change my perspective on reality because of my spiritual practices. After my first experience with Aya, being so similar to my spiritual awakening it has became common practice for me. Usually on a monthly ceremonial basis, It has profound effects on me. I have learned so much about my self, as well as reality.

The first time I did Aya, I doubled the dosage, "BAD IDEA." Even with my vast knowledge nothing could save me, not even trying to think good thoughts. I had this impending doom, and a fear of death, with horrible visions. I remembered thinking I was dead and I made it to Hell where I deserved to be. After coming down I convinced my self I would never touch the dreaded stuff again. But I could not get over how both my spiritual experience and the aya seemed so similar. So after several weeks of preparing my self, I made a second attempt which turned out to be pure heaven. The feeling of connectedness and universal knowledge. I felt as if all my senses where truly awakened for the first time in my life. And that lead my to where I am today. I look at DMT as a tool for man to find his soul. Meditating to enlightenment is like being borne poor and working your way to the top, taking DMT is like Being borne filthy rich. Which is better? Well it all depends on your perspective.
"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels. Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty." -Gospel of Thomas

oden
#4 Posted : 12/24/2011 8:44:05 AM

odin the one

welcome to the nexus..looking forward to what you share.. we share some of the same thoughts about the spice..respect ..Oden

AntiEgo
#5 Posted : 12/24/2011 5:15:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well my 2 favorite plants are Mimosa Hostilis & chaliponga, my recipe uses both. I prefer Mimosa by far, but I find a mixture of the 2 to be the most enlightening. I noticed when I hold ceremonies the taste is unbearable to many, I've come accustomed to it, possibly the nastiest thing you could taste but yet it can create the most beautiful experience. IT really teaches you right there, that you gotta get through the bad to get to the good lol.

patiencepays
#6 Posted : 12/24/2011 6:47:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There's a reason these plants have been referred to as "teachers" by native people for a long, long time. I feel like a lot of the problems regarding these "teachers" nowadays are because too many people are looking for a buzz or thrill, with absolutely no respect or frame of reference for these "teachers" and the knowledge that they try to impart... seems silly to strap ones' self into a rocket-ship without at least reading through the owner's manual and talking to a few other pilots. This site seems like an incredible resource, just wish I'd found it earlier!

AntiEgo
#7 Posted : 12/25/2011 12:24:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is no doubt about that, I like your analogy, but reading the manual doesn't make you ready yourself. Astronauts train and prepare them selves physically, mentally, and emotionally. But non the less, a good analogy. And yeah I agree the Nexus is a phenomenal source for information.

nen888
#8 Posted : 12/25/2011 5:45:58 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..have you had a chance to try chaliponga on it's own? (assume you're also using caapi or peganum)
just wondering how you would contrast it's vibe, effects or teachings with jurema..?

AntiEgo
#9 Posted : 12/25/2011 7:35:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I tried it on its own a few times, I just feel as if its slower and the colder, where I feel like I get a warmer vibe from Jurema. Caapi btw.
I don't believe it taste near as bad as the Jurema, just bitter. I don't use a low ph solution, I much rather do a long boiling process and several pulls to remove the active ingredients.