We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Discussing differences between p.cyanescens and p.cubensis Options

cave paintings
#1 Posted : 12/23/2011 1:57:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a half eighth of psilocybe cyanescens. I have had uncountable p.cubensis trips, and recently about 5-7 pan. cinctulus experiences which I found extremely pleasant. Anyway, I just wanted to hear nexians opinions on p.cyans, I hear they are a 'cleaner' experience, more mental and less body heavy than p.cubensis. Also, if anyone wants to discuss pan cinctulus mushrooms and their experiences with them. I have found pan. cincts to be very enjoyable as the doses are so manageable and even in large doses, one feels alot more functional than on a cubensis dose.

I was intending on consuming the cyanescens and going on a hike or doing it at home, in the dark, and just lying down for the experience, which I have never done so I feel a little nervous about cooping myself up like that, even though a half eighth isn't a massive dose.

Thoughts? opinions? rants?
Living to Give

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/23/2011 2:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

half an eigth is definatily a good solid dose of cyans. If you had more I would say start wtih 1 gram only..but since you dont have alot I would say eat them and just be ready to be blasted if they are half decent cyans. They are very powerful mushrooms capable of producing a visionary experience very very much like that of DMT.
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#3 Posted : 12/23/2011 2:53:45 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..P. cyanescens also grows on acacia and tea-tree leaf litter in australia..it is much more potent than P. cubensis, and more DMT-like visually like jamie said..
Baeocystin perhaps..?

cave paintings
#4 Posted : 12/23/2011 7:42:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen, maybe I misunderstood your post, but were you speculating that the amount of baeocystin in cyanescens may have to do with the dmt-like visual quality?

http://www.erowid.org/pl...ms/mushrooms_info4.shtml

^^ This seems to suggest that p.cubensis, and cyanescens have pretty close amounts of baeocystin. Though of course this is just one sample of mushrooms and I'm sure they vary.

Also, does anyone have much knowledge of baeocystin's psychoactive/physiological effects? I vaguely remember someone speculating about baeocystin being responsible for some of the body effects and 'toxic' like qualities of certain active mushrooms.
Living to Give

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/23/2011 7:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I dont think it is the baeocystin producing the DMT like quality of cyans..I think it is the high ammount of psilocybin and psilocin..4aco-DMT is also apparently very DMT like, which is very similar to psilocin and some believe to be a psilocin pro-drug.
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#6 Posted : 12/23/2011 8:31:26 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i've never been able to find much conclusive data on baeocystin..i was under the perhaps false impression there was more in P. cynanescens..
all i know is in my 20s had a few very high dose P. cubensis sessions (20 or more large, potent, on empty stomach) leading to total immersion, and the full 'voice in the head' mushroom entity phenomena..tours of inhabitable planets of the galaxy etc.
but it very much had it's own character, similar to psilocybin containing copelandia species i also tried..
..P. cyanescens (and also P. eucalypta) were very different in character..always somehow more 'DMT-like'..maybe it's relative ratios of psilocybin/psilocyn..

nen888
#7 Posted : 12/23/2011 4:07:13 PM
member for the trees

..for the record..there seem to be no trials of Baeocystin other than
Quote:
in the book Magic Mushrooms Around the World, author Jochen Gartz reports being aware of a study in which "10 mg of baeocystin were found to be about as psychoactive as a similar amount of psilocybin."
wikipedia
there are quite a few untested claims in various net threads [mycopia etc.] that species with more baeocystin are more potent, and one claim that it is slightly shorter acting, which i would say of P. cyanescens and eucalypta (in particular)
..yet another area for more research...

polytrip
#8 Posted : 12/23/2011 4:17:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think that the differences in quality are because of other substances in p.cubensis, that reduce or 'dilute' the effects of psilocin. High doses of cubensis can feel a little 'muddy'.

cave paintings
#9 Posted : 12/25/2011 9:50:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So yeah, those cyans were good Smile

I only ate .75 and I was on a strong level. Took a hike out into my local riparian woodlands. Here's some notes I jotted down..

"There is a sense of indifference and perfection out here. I look at this plant. It's symmetry, it's beauty, but surrounding it: rocks, dirt, indifference. It is what it is. These are strong. There are people nearby. Reluctant, nervous to answer phone, Stillness. Sun. Flies. Smile There is humor in this stillness. You can be happy, you can be sad, nature doesn't care. Phone on silent, too stressful. It is what it is. Must watch for mountain lions. These are strong, good thing I only ate .75 g. "

As you can see, I was a bit scattered Pleased
Living to Give