We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acetone Question Options

lysergic
#1 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:40:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How much citric acid saturated acetone would it take to pull a gram of spice?

Is the citrate salt more or less soluble in acetone than the freebase is in naphtha?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/12/2008 12:44:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know

but I got another acetone question and will add to this thread if you dont mind Very happy

how to know if hardware store acetone is good enough? on the ingredients it only says acetone... Can SWIM make some test to see if it has water/alcohols/any other impurities?

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 12/12/2008 12:59:45 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Dunno. dmt citrate however is slightly soluble in acetone. The solubility is around 4mg/ml acetone.

It is also a disgusting sticky goo to work with, so it is not very much recommended. Teh stickyness will make it impossible to wash properly, leading to impurities. the fumarate salt is more rocky and easy to wash throughout.

But irrespective of all these things, 2.94 grams of citric acid are able to hold (or in other words salt) 1 gram of dmt. That is, 1 gram of citric acid can hold 0.34 grams of dmt.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:11:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT citrate is a 1 to 1 salt?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lysergic
#5 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:38:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Dunno. dmt citrate however is slightly soluble in acetone. The solubility is around 4mg/ml acetone.

It is also a disgusting sticky goo to work with, so it is not very much recommended. Teh stickyness will make it impossible to wash properly, leading to impurities. the fumarate salt is more rocky and easy to wash throughout.

But irrespective of all these things, 2.94 grams of citric acid are able to hold (or in other words salt) 1 gram of dmt. That is, 1 gram of citric acid can hold 0.34 grams of dmt.

So the dmt-citrate is sticky? Or the dmt-citrate/acetone combo is sticky?

69ron
#6 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:42:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT citrate is extremely sticky. It absorbs water directly from the air. So if you dry it in an oven, as soon as you take it out, it absorbs water from the air and becomes sticky again. It's a mess. Most DMT salts are like that.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 12/12/2008 6:48:39 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

It is sticky by nature; sticky in the acetone (even when formed under anhydrous conditions, sticky when dry, sticky all the time. It will stick to everything, it is very difficult to play with.

But it is sticky at room temoperature or higher. If one freezes it it will get hard enough to play around with it ,chop to pieces. SWIM's FOAF is talking about at least -10 or -20 centigrade temperatures.

Seriously however, do not bother with it, not worth the effort!

lysergic
#8 Posted : 12/13/2008 5:20:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

I was only wondering so I would know how much acetone/how many pulls my friend would need to use on ~1lb of mhrb with the FASA method

coz42
#9 Posted : 12/13/2008 5:53:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

Hypothetically speaking, if citric acid acetone were used with xylene to be filtered out would the dmt-citrate/nps be in conjunction with fumaric acid?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

geeg30
#10 Posted : 12/22/2008 4:06:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering - when drying the acetone with anhydrous espom salts couldn't you just use anhydrous sodium carbonate?
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 12/22/2008 4:27:36 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

What makes you think that sodium carbonate absorbs water, at least in the same way that silica gel, or epsom salts do? Almost every water-soluble powder can theoretically absorbs water or moisture, but silica gel and epsom salts actually "trap" water. By doing so, their structure changes and the accommodated water molecules are not available to diffuse back to the acetone.

I cannot see that happening with sodium carbonate.

geeg30
#12 Posted : 12/23/2008 3:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A quick check shows that it wouldn't be useful however sodium sulphate seems to be better than epsom salts albeit slower.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

memo
#13 Posted : 12/28/2008 9:55:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see that there are Nalgene polycarbonate or polyethylene bottles made for acetone. Any knowledge out there about using these kind of containers with acetone and also tubing (polycarbonate, polyethylen or viton) to make it easier to decant anhydrous acetone off the top of a container of acetone with Magnesium sulfate dissicant in the bottom of it. I see that people say not to pour from the container and glass pippets seem like kind of a pain to work with.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.