We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
what is up with maya's 10x caapi? Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 11/4/2011 4:21:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I found some in my cabinet that minxx bought a long time ago..she smoked a tiny bit of it in changa and had a panic attack becasue it was too much harmalas to inhale I guess...but she wont even touch the stuff now..so I am brewing it.

There is 10g of 10:1 yellow caapi extract. I brewed it into some spring water with some chaliponga...but this stuff does not fully dissolve...If I turn off the heat and let it cool all these particles drop out of the brew and line the bottom of the pot and the brew goes a very very clear amber color..but still tastes bitter..what is up with that?

Is the stuff dropping out just inactives? should it be strained out or should I shake it all into solution when I drink? This stuff also smells weird while brewing..like a spice sort of..

I can guarantee I wont ever be ordering caapi extracts. Why do people prefer this stuff to whole vine?
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

purple_dye
#2 Posted : 11/7/2011 3:13:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Weren't people having issues similar to this with the 4:1 extract? Perhaps it has some other food grade ingredients in it like the maltodextrin in the 4:1. You should email the supplier and ask in my opinion.

Or is it too late already?
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:12:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well of course, I know its sopposed to taste bitter..when I said "what is up with that" I was referring to the extract not fully dissolving, not the bitter taste...I was just wondering about the stuff that was precipping out..I filtered it out and drank it anyway...

personally, I prefer my own brews with it the vine to this stuff. It was nice and I enjoyed it, but it was not like it was any less emetic/nauseating than my own brews..I also heard a few on the aya forums claim this stuff to be a bit stronger than most brews..which again I did not find to be true in my case. I got all the same body load and digestive effects but it worked so I wont really complain about it. The only benifit I really see in using this stuff is that you dont have to spend all that time brewing.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 11/7/2011 5:40:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment wrote:
The only benifit I really see in using this stuff is that you dont have to spend all that time brewing.

I find that a huge benefit, although brewing yourself has it´s charmes as well.

brewing large batches is the most rational choice, economically speaking: You´ll have the best of both worlds...a supply of caapi extract you can use traight away whenever you want and an extract that is cheap and of wich you know it´s content.