We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Upcoming Journey Options

pearl17
#1 Posted : 12/17/2011 8:16:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello DMT-Nexus,

I don't have much time to write an introduction. But it was just recently when I found out about DMT and other entheogen. They are very interesting to me and I am really interested in this sort of "psychedelic traveling" although I have very minimal knowledge at this point. I have been reading several things on this website over the past day. I DO NOT plan on doing DMT or any other entheogen until I have a great amount of knowledge and am mentally prepared.

The main thing I am confused about it all the different types. Is DMT the most popular, if so, why?

I do have a lot of reading to do, and I do look forward to being a part of this board.

Thanks Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 12/17/2011 8:36:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!

The funny thing about DMT is no matter what or how much preparation you do, you will always have any expectations completely shattered. There really is no way to adequately prepare yourself for something so foreign.

Although DMT is the main focus of this forum, I wouldn't say it is the most popular psychedelic. Personally I find tremendous value in it as do many others here. It certainly isn't for everyone though and it isn't always pleasant. It really is subjective. In my personal opinion, I don't think it is a good choice for a first psychedelic experience but others will certainly disagree with me. I would recommend something like LSD or cactus to get a feeling for what entheogens have to offer.

Just my $.02

pearl17
#3 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:24:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have tried other psychedelic before. I have tried mushrooms twice and MDMA 3 times. But that is very interesting on how you said "you will always have any expectations completely shattered.

Having these tried these psychedelics, do you still think DMT would not be a good choice for a first psychedelic? I am still in the midst of reading quite a bit of material on this site.

You mentioned LSD or a cactus. I have been researching a bit on peyote as well. Have you had any experience with it?

I am also still looking into the health risks involved, are there certain entheogens that are less harmful?

P.S. Your $.02 was greatly appreciated Smile

Thank you!

mckennaforum.com
#4 Posted : 12/18/2011 4:03:03 AM

Jonesy

Pearl, I'm a newbie in this community so not sure if my 2 cents is worth listening to but I would recommend mushrooms as an introduction into these states. I find it to be the less jarring. But as Actual said above, these things ARE subjective. You'll meet people that just adore substances that for whatever reason you or I can't tolerate in the least bit. Now that I think of it, perhaps the best advice is just dip your toe in the water of a cornucopia of experiences and see what grabs you or, rather, see which makes you feel most comfortable exploring further.
best wishes Smile
Find the others at http://MckennaForum.com

Millentree10
#5 Posted : 12/18/2011 4:50:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am a newbie as well, so disregard this if you wish,

I think it depends on what you are looking for; your purpose for experimenting with psychedelics

Have you read the Doors of Perception?(If you haven't, I suggest it, it's excellent, and you can find a pdf in the files section of this site) If you are looking to expand your perception and consciousness, since that seems to be a common purpose with DMT, peyote would be an excellent one to get acquainted with.

I have experienced LSD, and it really helped me connect with my right-brain.. I'm generally a left brained thinker, straight line, geometric shapes, mathematics, etc.. I always struggled with creativity, be it art or writing. Using LSD, I was able to better connect myself with my right brain. Not that it suddenly gave me ideas for a best selling novel, or an artwork worth billions of dollars, but that I was able to understand the flow of contour lines that my mind normally breaks up and calculates.

Wow that was a lot harder to try to explain than I thought, haha.. I still don't think I described it correctly, but it's the general idea I was trying to get across, so, yeah. Of course, it's still different for everyone, but I thought I'd try to give you a basic idea of how they might affect you differently. So don't really choose one per se, you should try them and see which one captures your fancy!

On a side note, I didn't include mushrooms, because they haven't really done anything for me except make rolling around on wet grass feel REALLY GOOD! lol

powerup
#6 Posted : 12/18/2011 5:45:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I would recommend mushrooms as well. LSD has the tendency to drag on. If you take too much and want it to stop, you're out of luck. With shrooms you feel more in control of the experience, and it's just more fun in general for the beginner. Also shrooms have shorter duration and don't leave you exhausted. There is a gentle come-down. I have yet to try the sacred spice, but I hear it is like being shot in the head with a rainbow: definitely something to try once you get more comfortable with living in a surrealistic head space. Pleased

powerup
#7 Posted : 12/18/2011 5:50:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Millentree10 wrote:
I was able to understand the flow of contour lines that my mind normally breaks up and calculates.

This is very interesting for me, because I'm less of a math lover. It's nice to see the other side; how you view the visual world. My mind readily processes and stores visual information rather than technical measurements. From my experience, people who are good with math prefer 'cid, but artist-types prefer shrooms. I'm somewhere in the middle, so they each act as tools with a different purpose. One creates intense creative focus, and the other allows relaxed mental exploration.

Millentree10
#8 Posted : 12/18/2011 6:10:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

powerup wrote:
Millentree10 wrote:
I was able to understand the flow of contour lines that my mind normally breaks up and calculates.

From my experience, people who are good with math prefer 'cid, but artist-types prefer shrooms. I'm somewhere in the middle, so they each act as tools with a different purpose. One creates intense creative focus, and the other allows relaxed mental exploration.

Ah, I never really understood why mushies don't actually mentally do a lot for me. They kinda just make me feel like running around in a forest somewhere, surrounded by life, and happiness. It's a great feeling and I love it, but it's a lot more recreational and fun than deep and meaningful.

I do prefer acid, because I feel a lot more outward as well; when I'm sober I tend to dwell deep in my own mind, so social interaction is pretty limited for me.

I think it's really cool that you can get equal level of experience from each. It just goes to show how diverse our brain chemistry and psychedelic experiences can really be Smile

mckennaforum.com
#9 Posted : 12/18/2011 5:17:57 PM

Jonesy

Millentree,
If you're finding mushies too recreational, then you're not taking enough, lol. 5 dried g's should nail you to the ground I'd say, haha...
Find the others at http://MckennaForum.com

corpus callosum
#10 Posted : 12/18/2011 5:42:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think mushrooms, taken at an appropriately high dose, is probably the best intro to the psychedelic state but this will still not be as dramatic a venture as a decent dose of DMT.LSD and mescalines durations of action make me favor these less, as an intro.I do believe its unwise to feel one has guaged the power of these 3 agents unless you have done a high-dose trip, or six, on each.

I also nowadays think that being taken under the wing of someone well versed with changa (ie effects of composition/dosages/slower multiple inhalations) would be in someways better than even mushrooms, due to the depth of experience imparted and the greater control one has over the duration of effects.I think plunging into the bigger doses of DMT/changa after such an intro would be just a little less daunting.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

actualfactual
#11 Posted : 12/18/2011 6:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I have tried other psychedelic before. I have tried mushrooms twice and MDMA 3 times. But that is very interesting on how you said "you will always have any expectations completely shattered.

Having these tried these psychedelics, do you still think DMT would not be a good choice for a first psychedelic? I am still in the midst of reading quite a bit of material on this site.

If you have tried shrooms than DMT isn't a first psychedelic Smile

All I can really do is double down on my previous comment. No matter how much research you do you can never prepare yourself for DMT. I tripped hundreds of times on dozens of different chemicals before trying DMT. The experience completely blew me away and I couldn't relate it to any of my previous drug experiences. It really isn't fair to classify it with other drugs.

Quote:
I think mushrooms, taken at an appropriately high dose, is probably the best intro to the psychedelic state but this will still not be as dramatic a venture as a decent dose of DMT.LSD and mescalines durations of action make me favor these less, as an intro.I do believe its unwise to feel one has guaged the power of these 3 agents unless you have done a high-dose trip, or six, on each.

Agreed. I'll add that while the duration of LSD and mescaline are formidable, this is something that should be taken account before dosing. It is always smart to start with a low dose to get a general feel for these things.

Quote:
I also nowadays think that being taken under the wing of someone well versed with changa (ie effects of composition/dosages/slower multiple inhalations) would be in someways better than even mushrooms, due to the depth of experience imparted and the greater control one has over the duration of effects.I think plunging into the bigger doses of DMT/changa after such an intro would be just a little less daunting.

I agree with this as well. If one did decide to use DMT as a first psychedelic I think changa is the way to go.

Purges
#12 Posted : 12/19/2011 10:09:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Acid can be an incredible experience if done with the right people, with enough stuff to do and a couple of days spare. As said, 12 hours can drag on, and it can be quite exhausting, particularly if you have spent 8 of those hours laughing harder than you have ever laughed in your life - believe me, laughing can become torture! That said, those sessions often end up very cleansing and life affirming in the days / weeks afterwards.

Mushrooms - I have had 50/50 good / hard experiences with them, the nausea tends to drag me down a bit. But the good trips II have had have been fantastic. I too find them to be very 'nature' oriented, so if you do decide to go this route, make sure you have grass to roll on, trees to climb / hug depending on your style, and dose low to start off with just to get a feel for them.

DMT - the king of psychedelics in my opinion. Just... WOW. But, better suited to exploring either on your own or with maybe 1-2 other people who know to keep their mouths shut while you are journeying deep. I am less inclined to recommend this substance to people who aren't used to psychs because it is SO weird and can be absolutely terrifying. On the other hand, pure bliss, basking in God's glow etc can be quite the opposite. Approach with caution and respect, more so than the others, even though the duration is far shorter (unless taken orally)...

What ever you choose, good luck, I am sure you will be dazzled by any and all of these Very happy
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3