We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Heptane or Naphtha? Options

Gandalf
#1 Posted : 12/27/2008 5:15:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone Smile

I’m new to this forum but I have done a lot of 'lurking', gathering info from various websites and forums about extracting DMT. I've decide I'm going to use the STB technique; I have put together a tek based on other peoples methods.

I was hoping someone with experience could give me some feedback to whether or not this is the best way to go about extracting pure clean DMT for a beginner; I have experience with Mescaline extraction, just not with DMT.

Here it is:

1. Mix 3 litres water with 250g NaOH in 5 litre container, shake and let sit.
2. Add 500g MHRB to the solution, shake and let sit for an hour or so.
3. Add 250ml Naptha to solution, roll around on floor to agitate, DO NOT SHAKE, let sit and repeat 3 times and let sit for a while (1hr).
4. Once the layers have separated siphon off the Naptha and place to one side.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 three more times. Add 100g of NaOH to 3rd extraction and leave the in the container for a couple of days, agitating occasionally to pick up any strays.
6. Evaporate 2/3 of the Naptha, place in jars and put in freezer.
7. Leave jars in freezer for 24-72 hrs checking occasionally for forming DMT.
8. Pour each jar of Naptha through a coffee filter, save Naptha. Spread each filter out to dry thoroughly.
9. Pour 25ml of ICE COLD distilled water over coffee filter to wash out any contaminates, dry thoroughly again.

Recrystallisation

1. Place a small glass jar with the DMT and a small glass jar with Heptane together in a pan of hot water.
2. Little by little add 25ml of hot Heptane per gram of DMT, after a minute or two of heat the DMT should melt and mostly disappear into the solution.
3. Let it cool for a while to separate.
4. Carefully siphon as much of the clear Heptane as possible into a pyrex dish through filter paper.
5. Add another 5ml or so of Heptane to jar with sludge and heat again, then siphon as much clear Heptane off as possible in to the dish.
6. Repeat step 5 again.
7. Evaporate as slowly as possible
8. Scrape all the DMT into filter paper.
9. Pour 25ml of ICE COLD distilled water over the filter paper to clean even further, dry thoroughly.

I also wanted to know whether Naphtha or Heptane was best to use for the extraction and whether it is worth doing a bicarb wash on the Naphtha to remove any contaminates?

Peace Very happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 12/27/2008 5:46:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

heptane is wonderful..a very clean solvent that produces lovely clean crystals...

and most of the time when you are doing freeze precip..you dont need to pour through a filter...all the dmt is usually stuck to the jar it was in..and SWIM finds that you will experience some loss that way..

all you need to do is..take your solvent..evap it a bit..and then freezer for a day..and then just reuse the solvent again

SWIM never uses ice cold water to purify..he just does recrystallization with heptane and never has a problem..he does this by heating heptane up and dissolving the dmt in it..there should be a little yellow puddle that forms...pour off the heptane from that and through back in the freezer..use as little heptane as possible
it's a sound

Gandalf
#3 Posted : 12/27/2008 9:31:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that! I was hoping someone would say Heptane was better, it's much easier for me to get hold of, and cheaper aswell. Pure Naphtha is hard to find here in the UK.

What do you think to the overall process in my tek? I think I read somewhere when using Heptane you should use a little more than when using Naphtha, is this true?

Observant
#4 Posted : 12/28/2008 12:40:08 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Gandalf wrote:
Thanks for that! I was hoping someone would say Heptane was better, it's much easier for me to get hold of, and cheaper aswell. Pure Naphtha is hard to find here in the UK.

opossite in germany .. . do you know a uk based shop who sells heptan to german customer?
thanks!
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing