CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A short, rushed summary, of the most intense mushroom experience of my life. Options
 
Mindlusion
#1 Posted : 12/18/2011 2:05:46 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 1386
Joined: 21-Jul-2010
Last visit: 07-Aug-2023
Location: the ancient cluster
Dec. 17th at 12:00am, I consumed 1g of whole rue seeds and 5g of driest, crumbling like crackers, mushroom aborts.

Here is the summary I wrote hastily and tired, just happy to be alive, around 3:30 pm after I had woken up after falling asleep at noon.

'I had an extremely powerful experience last night.

the experience is truly like mycellium, it starts, extremely introverted, consciousness reduced to a single cell, at the peak of the experience, a single seed, spore, of life, that expands and expands, growing like mycellium, into a new consciousness, a mushroom consciousness, universally expanding. It is ancient. Older than earth, it has no beginning. It is as old as the universe, as reality itself. It is synonymous with it. There is no distinction. It fruits, the mushroom, fruiting a human being, I am human. Adrenaline rushes through my body, blood rushes to my muscles and to my skin, my sympathetic nervous is in fight or flight response, mind racing with a tryptamine fury.

My energy is drained, I am dehydrated and exhausted, and for the next 5 or 6 hours I lie still, the intensity persists, i am struggling to calm myself due to the anxiety, I wasn't ready for this long duration. I watch helplessly, petrified, and the sun rises and beams me through my window, trying to shield myself from the intense radiation.

At some point I need to get up, feeling absolutely alien, attempting to relearn walking, stumbling out of the room, I get into the strange looking bathroom, look in the mirror at my animalistic face, and drink water like ive been without it for days. After emptying my bladder, I feel much calmer, but the intense flushing waves hit me again another hour, before I finally fall asleep. '


I believe the extra 5 or 6 hrs of the experience was due to the rue I ingested.
I don't suggest this combo, as all I think it really did was extend the experience beyond what I could handle, I was just too exhausted for the last 6 hours, I just needed it to be over.

It felt to me like I had re-experienced something that happened to me many years ago, when I had eaten 8g of mushrooms and ended up completely out of control.
I just happy to have survived Smile
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."
 

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.
 
polytrip
#2 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:44:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 4639
Joined: 16-May-2008
Last visit: 24-Dec-2012
Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Welcome back to the realm of the living.
 
benzyme
#3 Posted : 12/18/2011 3:53:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Posts: 7462
Joined: 21-May-2008
Last visit: 28-Sep-2023
Location: the lab
Quote:
"On this bridge," Lorca warns, "life is not a dream. Beware. And beware. And beware."

And so many think because Then happened, Now isn't. But didn't I mention the ongoing "wow" is happening right now? We are all co-authors of this dancing exuberance where even our inabilities are having a roast. We are the authors of ourselves, co-authoring a gigantic Dostoevsky novel, starring clowns. This entire thing we're involved with called the world, is an opportunity to exhibit how exciting alienation can be. Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time by moments, flabbergasted to be in each other's presence. The world is an exam to see if we can rise into direct experience. Our eyesight is here as a test to see if we can see beyond it. Matter is here as a test for our curiosity. Doubt is here as an exam for our vitality. Thomas Mann wrote that he would rather participate in life than write 100 stories. Giacometti was once run down by a car, and he recalled falling into a lucid faint, a sudden exhilaration, as he realized that at last something was happening to him. An assumption develops that you cannot understand life and live life simultaneously. I do not agree entirely. Which is to say I do not exactly disagree. I would say that life understood is life lived. But the paradoxes bug me, and I can learn to love and make love to the paradoxes that bug me. And on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion. Before you drift off, don't forget. Which is to say, remember. Because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than forgetting. Lorca, in that same poem said that the iguana will bite those who do not dream. And as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person's dream, that is self awareness.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck
 
gory dkalz
#4 Posted : 12/18/2011 4:49:23 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas


Posts: 203
Joined: 08-Sep-2011
Last visit: 29-Sep-2013
Location: US
I too had a rough mushroom trip yesterday. I'm unsure of what species I have but they are quite potent. 2 grams is about my limit with them. Well yesterday I decided to finally eat this giant one. It weighed 2.2 grams. Within 20 minutes I was what I would call tripping and about an hour into it I got super nauseous and spent the next hour dry heaving and trying not to panic. It finally got to the point where I had to take half a valium to calm me down and thats when I finally did purge. Thankfully after the purge time went by pretty quickly, as I was pretty sure I would get stuck in that "omg it's only be 15 minutes and it seems like 2 hours" loop of insanity. It wasn't the most intense trip I have had, but definitely the worst. It felt more toxic than psychedelic. I think I just overdid the mushrooms too much in the past couple months. I should have spaced them out a lot more. Next time I won't buy a whole ounce of the most potent fungus I've ever come across.

On a side note, does anyone know what species these might be? I have no hypersensitivity to shrooms or tryptamines, but I trip hard as hell off 1.5-2 grams and my friend had complete ego death on 2 grams.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name


I'm a pathological liar.
 
polytrip
#5 Posted : 12/18/2011 6:10:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 4639
Joined: 16-May-2008
Last visit: 24-Dec-2012
Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
gory dkalz wrote:
I too had a rough mushroom trip yesterday. I'm unsure of what species I have but they are quite potent. 2 grams is about my limit with them. Well yesterday I decided to finally eat this giant one. It weighed 2.2 grams. Within 20 minutes I was what I would call tripping and about an hour into it I got super nauseous and spent the next hour dry heaving and trying not to panic. It finally got to the point where I had to take half a valium to calm me down and thats when I finally did purge. Thankfully after the purge time went by pretty quickly, as I was pretty sure I would get stuck in that "omg it's only be 15 minutes and it seems like 2 hours" loop of insanity. It wasn't the most intense trip I have had, but definitely the worst. It felt more toxic than psychedelic. I think I just overdid the mushrooms too much in the past couple months. I should have spaced them out a lot more. Next time I won't buy a whole ounce of the most potent fungus I've ever come across.

On a side note, does anyone know what species these might be? I have no hypersensitivity to shrooms or tryptamines, but I trip hard as hell off 1.5-2 grams and my friend had complete ego death on 2 grams.

P.azurescens, P.cyanensis, Copelandia cyanensis, P.semilanceata, P.McKennai....etc. What did they look like? where they great or small? What colour did they have?
 
gory dkalz
#6 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:10:36 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas


Posts: 203
Joined: 08-Sep-2011
Last visit: 29-Sep-2013
Location: US
Here is a picture of some. Most of the bigger ones have been eaten but i guess they averaged 2-2.5 inches.
gory dkalz attached the following image(s):
photo.JPG (2,025kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name


I'm a pathological liar.
 
polytrip
#7 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:18:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 4639
Joined: 16-May-2008
Last visit: 24-Dec-2012
Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
They just look like cubies..but probably a very powerfull strain.

EDIT:If those bruices are dark-blueish, than it´s a powerfull strain indeed.
 
gory dkalz
#8 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:26:18 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas


Posts: 203
Joined: 08-Sep-2011
Last visit: 29-Sep-2013
Location: US
Yea they are very blue. I thought they looked like cubes but once I tried them I was unsure. I'm glad that the first time I tried these was with my wife and it was her first time tripping so I only took 2 grams thinking it would be a pretty mild journey and I would be able to help her if she needed it. I spent pretty much the whole time laying on the floor halfway between worlds. Open eyed spiral fractals covering everything i looked at. It was enjoyable. Just glad I didn't eat the whole 3.5 grams I originally planned on.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name


I'm a pathological liar.
 
#9 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:26:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Posts: 4612
Joined: 17-Jan-2009
Last visit: 01-Jan-2023
benzyme wrote:
Quote:
"On this bridge," Lorca warns, "life is not a dream. Beware. And beware. And beware."

And so many think because Then happened, Now isn't. But didn't I mention the ongoing "wow" is happening right now? We are all co-authors of this dancing exuberance where even our inabilities are having a roast. We are the authors of ourselves, co-authoring a gigantic Dostoevsky novel, starring clowns. This entire thing we're involved with called the world, is an opportunity to exhibit how exciting alienation can be. Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time by moments, flabbergasted to be in each other's presence. The world is an exam to see if we can rise into direct experience. Our eyesight is here as a test to see if we can see beyond it. Matter is here as a test for our curiosity. Doubt is here as an exam for our vitality. Thomas Mann wrote that he would rather participate in life than write 100 stories. Giacometti was once run down by a car, and he recalled falling into a lucid faint, a sudden exhilaration, as he realized that at last something was happening to him. An assumption develops that you cannot understand life and live life simultaneously. I do not agree entirely. Which is to say I do not exactly disagree. I would say that life understood is life lived. But the paradoxes bug me, and I can learn to love and make love to the paradoxes that bug me. And on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion. Before you drift off, don't forget. Which is to say, remember. Because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than forgetting. Lorca, in that same poem said that the iguana will bite those who do not dream. And as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person's dream, that is self awareness.


Awesome moviee
 
#10 Posted : 12/18/2011 7:47:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Posts: 4612
Joined: 17-Jan-2009
Last visit: 01-Jan-2023
^^ Wasn't trying to de-rail the thread. Smile

Mushrooms are no joke. One of my strongest psychedelic experiences was on like 2.5g of Lipa Yais. I remember sitting outside by the fire and closing my eyes, shuffling for my ipod, and I stopped at this song by Vibrasphere: Ensueno Morning Mix. I proceeded to turn up the volume and as soon as I did the trees, grass, sky, clouds, moon, and stars started to break down. The closed eye visuals are veryyy "dmt-esque"....total immersion. I was startled to say the least, so I turned off the music and ripped off my headphones. That distinct "buzz"....that high pitch tone that precedes most of the tryptamine visions (although I don't really get that tone anymore)...it took over my entire being of who I was. I didn't know what to do and I panicked. The visions just pounding away in and out and all around. A major coalescence of the highest order.

I'm glad you made it back friend. Smile
 
unclesyd
#11 Posted : 12/18/2011 8:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 184
Joined: 08-Oct-2010
Last visit: 07-Oct-2017
Location: Here Right Now
Those little guys are the potent ones. I'd save all my aborts for a super powerful trip.

Bruising color has nothing to do with potency. It is a sign of the psylocybin degrading and something you want to avoid, although most times its hard. So in effect the more bruised a shroom the less potent it will be. I'm sure it won't make that much of a difference though.
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.
 
benzyme
#12 Posted : 12/19/2011 12:30:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Posts: 7462
Joined: 21-May-2008
Last visit: 28-Sep-2023
Location: the lab
psilocin, not psilocybin
and I disagree.

I doped some cubensis substrate with 10 mM tryptamine hcl, resulting in fruits which bruised tattoo black. The folks who ate them reported that they were considerably more potent than controls, which bruised azure.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck
 
Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 12/19/2011 1:03:38 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 1386
Joined: 21-Jul-2010
Last visit: 07-Aug-2023
Location: the ancient cluster
Thanks for that quote benz, it resonated with me well. That film would be great to watch again on a low dose of mushrooms.

The mushrooms I had were cubensis, not sure of the strain, aborts were 1-3cm in size, no larger then 3cm.
From what I could see the bruising was from light blue to a deep cobalt blue. They were extremely dry and crumbled to dust easily, another reason I think they were even more potent by weight.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."
 
soulthatcreates
#14 Posted : 12/21/2011 2:08:19 AM

simply beautiful


Posts: 131
Joined: 22-Feb-2011
Last visit: 03-Aug-2017
Location: way over there
DMTtripn2Space wrote:
benzyme wrote:
Quote:
"On this bridge," Lorca warns, "life is not a dream. Beware. And beware. And beware."

And so many think because Then happened, Now isn't. But didn't I mention the ongoing "wow" is happening right now? We are all co-authors of this dancing exuberance where even our inabilities are having a roast. We are the authors of ourselves, co-authoring a gigantic Dostoevsky novel, starring clowns. This entire thing we're involved with called the world, is an opportunity to exhibit how exciting alienation can be. Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time by moments, flabbergasted to be in each other's presence. The world is an exam to see if we can rise into direct experience. Our eyesight is here as a test to see if we can see beyond it. Matter is here as a test for our curiosity. Doubt is here as an exam for our vitality. Thomas Mann wrote that he would rather participate in life than write 100 stories. Giacometti was once run down by a car, and he recalled falling into a lucid faint, a sudden exhilaration, as he realized that at last something was happening to him. An assumption develops that you cannot understand life and live life simultaneously. I do not agree entirely. Which is to say I do not exactly disagree. I would say that life understood is life lived. But the paradoxes bug me, and I can learn to love and make love to the paradoxes that bug me. And on really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion. Before you drift off, don't forget. Which is to say, remember. Because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than forgetting. Lorca, in that same poem said that the iguana will bite those who do not dream. And as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person's dream, that is self awareness.


Awesome moviee


What movie is this from?
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.
 
antrocles
#15 Posted : 12/21/2011 2:42:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1689
Joined: 06-Feb-2009
Last visit: 22-Jun-2023
Location: deep in the heart of humility
that would be 'waking life', if memory serves....

and can i also add that i, too, just so happened to have an earth shattering mushroom journey on that very same night!! deepest of my natural born life and i, too, only took a little over 2 grams!

something tells me the mushrooms put out a signal on that fated night.... i am still having moments of teary eyes from what i went through. fortunately, i did not use any maoi so mine was a solid 4 hour mind-snapper.

mindlusion- deep compassion brother. i don't think i coulda stayed as far gone as i was for much longer than those 4 eternal hours. give your psyche a well-deserved rest and let all that mycellial download settle in proper. big hug to you Pleased

with the deepest love and gratitude!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."
 
DoingKermit
#16 Posted : 12/21/2011 3:57:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1756
Joined: 28-May-2009
Last visit: 29-Sep-2023
DMTtripn2Space wrote:
^^ Wasn't trying to de-rail the thread. Smile

Mushrooms are no joke. One of my strongest psychedelic experiences was on like 2.5g of Lipa Yais. I remember sitting outside by the fire and closing my eyes, shuffling for my ipod, and I stopped at this song by Vibrasphere: Ensueno Morning Mix.


Not trying to derail the thread either, but that is definitely one of my favourite Vibrasphere tunes. Along with Manzanilla from Lime Structure.

Mindlusion, sounds like you had quite a heavy one, but ultimately cleansing Smile

I am pretty reluctant to throw harmalas into the mushroom mix, due to those little bastards being able to work their magic enough as they are. I can't even begin to imagine what rue would do to a Copelandia Cyanescen trip Shocked

Peace
 
idtravlr
#17 Posted : 12/21/2011 6:17:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 990
Joined: 08-Jun-2008
Last visit: 30-Sep-2015
benzyme wrote:
psilocin, not psilocybin
and I disagree.

I doped some cubensis substrate with 10 mM tryptamine hcl, resulting in fruits which bruised tattoo black. The folks who ate them reported that they were considerably more potent than controls, which bruised azure.


I agree with benzyme here. It's psilocin that turns blue when it oxidizes.

Thoroughly chewing high psilocin containing specimens allows psilocin to pass directly into the bloodstream via your oral blood vessels, rather than being converted to psilocybin once in the stomach, and in my experience packs a MUCH larger punch (at least initially) than lower psilocin containing specimens.

That being said, I'm not sure that gulping high psilocin containing specimens straight into the stomach makes a lot of difference, since the stomach immediately converts psilocin to psilocybin. Although I suppose it could still make a difference since higher psilocin content could mean more psilocybin production in the stomach, still producing a greater potency.

At least this is what I've theorized from my bio-assays. Sorry, am I derailing? Very enjoyable report and thread! Smile

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna
 
byallmeansart
#18 Posted : 1/6/2012 5:26:05 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*


Posts: 51
Joined: 18-Jun-2010
Last visit: 16-Feb-2015
Location: Some place outside of time
idtravlr wrote:

That being said, I'm not sure that gulping high psilocin containing specimens straight into the stomach makes a lot of difference, since the stomach immediately converts psilocin to psilocybin.


Just in the name of accuracy, and perhaps pedantry as well (haha), you have this backward. Psilocybin is converted into psilocin. Although you were right in agreeing that psilocin oxidizes much more readily than psilocybin.
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.
 
Mindlusion
#19 Posted : 4/17/2015 2:32:55 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 1386
Joined: 21-Jul-2010
Last visit: 07-Aug-2023
Location: the ancient cluster
Thank you all very much for your kind replies. I know today that I would not be sitting here today with the life I have been given today without this experience, it has played a role in my growth and continued to grow with me. But, then again the same could be said for a lot that has happened in my life! I re-read this thread just now, reviving the old thread because I am so grateful this experience continues to grow with me and gain new meaning.

Quote:
And so many think because Then happened, Now isn't. But didn't I mention the ongoing "wow" is happening right now?


This is incredible. This is the good news.

antrocles wrote:
and can i also add that i, too, just so happened to have an earth shattering mushroom journey on that very same night!! deepest of my natural born life and i, too, only took a little over 2 grams!

something tells me the mushrooms put out a signal on that fated night.... i am still having moments of teary eyes from what i went through.


I no longer believe in coincidence by random chance antrocles, thank you for sharing that with me. a gift from grace.

much love and compassion to you all, all of you parts of oneness.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."
 
EternalPeace
#20 Posted : 5/4/2015 9:27:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 111
Joined: 12-Oct-2014
Last visit: 21-Jul-2016
I just wanted to pop into this thread, and say that some of the things you said were striking similar to the things I experienced yesterday.

Key words that stood out:

"the experience is truly like mycelium"
During the deepest part of the trip, when I couldn't bear to keep my eyes open anymore, I stumbled to my bed and fell into a trance. It felt like I was merging with the mushroom life form in a way that is impossible to explain in words. Closed eye visuals of biological patterns that were growing, morphing, twisting into eternity, becoming part of me. I was in awe at how amazing it was, and somewhere inside me I feared that I might be dying. "Am I dying?"

"for the next 5 or 6 hours I lie still, the intensity persists, i am struggling to calm myself due to the anxiety"
I was literally floored. As in, I couldn't walk or move, sit or stand. Every time I decided to do something, like get a drink of water, I couldn't do it. I ended up on the floor, alternating between lying on my back and curled up in a fetal position. At times I wanted it to stop, because it was way too much. "Just accept it, become one with it, relax, it'll be OK."

"feeling absolutely alien", "look in the mirror at my animalistic face"
I definitely wasn't me, and the whole world wasn't what it used to be either. I wasn't expecting the complete immersion that occurred. I was in some sort of water color painting, and when I glanced at myself in the mirror while washing my hands, I had become a frog-like alien. I looked away quickly, because it frightened me, and for a while I couldn't get it out of my head. "What was that thing in the mirror?"

"I don't suggest this combo" I agree, though my story was a bit different. I'll explain it further in the separate post. The lesson I learned was, "Don't aim for a level 3 and end up giving yourself a level 5."
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.