We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
So, I'm thinking about a solo journey.. Options

nexalizer
#1 Posted : 11/19/2011 2:27:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would be my first time on DMT/Ayahuasca. I have some experience with psychedelics (been smoking weed on and off for a decade, but of course it doesn't compare), having tried acid in doses under 200mcg a couple of times, some mushrooms, sally-d several times.

I don't consider myself experienced, having never had a truly breakthrough experience and not having yet tried higher doses of acid/shrooms. On my highest acid dose I couldn't let go, but it was also the first experience with acid (kinda overshoot the dosage there lol).

Before trying shrooms/acid I did research, reading forums and books for years, until I felt the time was right. With Aya I've done the same, and now feel the time to go through the experience is approaching.

Ideally I would like a sitter present, but unfortunately the only friend (experienced tripper) who even remotely understands about all this stuff lives in another country. We're together a few times a year, but this is not going to be one of them. I think that between tripping solo (which, based on my acid experiences, can at times be terrifying, but has tremendous value in itself, as you learn to face your fears head on) and having someone who may act very worried and probably won't understand why I'm subjecting myself to these "dangerous drugs" and may end up calling an ambulance, the former is by far a better choice.

But being a new experience, I must say I'm slightly worried about the purge and not being able to walk.
In a few places I've read that you feel better after purging, which is hard for me to frame with past experience. I detest throwing up, always feeling weak and sick afterwards.

I'd be taking aya at home. I figure that with a bucket nearby and comfy arrangements I should be fine, but regardless I wanted to "hear" some personal opinions from more experienced voyagers.

If you could comment on how you usually spend your journeys, lying down or sitting and meditating, that would help to give me perspective too.
I want to be able to let go as much as I can - in my first acid trip, in retrospect I realize I would have been able to fully let go were it not for the fact that a part of me had to stay behind and be the trip sitter.

So this time I'm trying to eliminate as many (physical/safety psychological) concerns as I can in advance, so that I can fully immerse in the experience. And I guess I'm a bit more ok with being overwhelmed than before (thanks lucy!)

I would be brewing 50g B. Caapi and 25g Psychotria Viridis.. that's all I have at the moment really.. would be very interested in hearing from other people's experiences with this combination and dose range.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tetra
#2 Posted : 11/19/2011 2:59:17 PM

BaconBerry

Why not try DMT solo first? Since you've never done it, I advise you meet the Molecule to test the waters. A ten minute DMT trip is easier to deal with if you have a hard time than an Aya journey which could last all night. Plus you don't know your sensitivity to DMT and your first Aya trip will probably fall into one of two categories: Took too much or Didn't take enough.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

nexalizer
#3 Posted : 11/19/2011 4:33:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tetra wrote:
Why not try DMT solo first? Since you've never done it, I advise you meet the Molecule to test the waters. A ten minute DMT trip is easier to deal with if you have a hard time than an Aya journey which could last all night. Plus you don't know your sensitivity to DMT and your first Aya trip will probably fall into one of two categories: Took too much or Didn't take enough.

I have roughly 2 weeks left before having to relocate elsewhere for a month, and then I'll be travelling for a couple of weeks. Earlier this year I acquired the plants with having an Aya experience in mind; by that time I was only vaguely aware of the possibilities of smoking the spice of ages.

While I'm extremely curious to experiment with smoked spice and working toward that goal, hopefully making it materialize in the coming year, at the moment the time constraint (+ having 0 knowledge about extracting & would need to find a good supplier of mhrb in europe (or research/get/order alternative plants), locate&buy any chemicals needed for the process, compare teks, learn about safety in the extraction process, etc) makes it an unrealistic course of action at this time.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/19/2011 8:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

If you are set on ayahuasca I would just go with that..maybe start with the vine alone first then add light slowly. Smoking DMT does not really compare..ayahuasca far outwieghs smoking in terms of benifitis I have found.
Long live the unwoke.

onethousandk
#5 Posted : 11/20/2011 3:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only had a single aya trip so my experience is limited, but it was a solo journey and not difficult to handle at all. It was a no acid extraction of 3g rue and 3g mimosa. I come from a similar background as yours and have been exposed to plenty of weed, a little bit of salvia and a nice handful of mushrooms. I would characterize my aya trip as similar (though obviously not the same) as a low dose of mushrooms, somewhere around 2 grams. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that I brewed without an acid so my mix was bit weak. In any case, I was alone and handled it completely fine. No purging even. I just took care to avoid fatty and fermented foods for 3 days. It was a lite diet, almost fasting, but not quite. I focused on my breathing and avoiding expectations. A very nice introduction to the experience. I'm excited for my next journey.

Awakened
#6 Posted : 11/20/2011 7:13:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer wrote:
[quote=tetra] While I'm extremely curious to experiment with smoked spice and working toward that goal, hopefully making it materialize in the coming year, at the moment the time constraint (+ having 0 knowledge about extracting & would need to find a good supplier of mhrb in europe (or research/get/order alternative plants), locate&buy any chemicals needed for the process, compare teks, learn about safety in the extraction process, etc) makes it an unrealistic course of action at this time.

Really that is not all that hard.

SWIM has been known to use this http://www.m hrb-shop.nl/index.php?route=common/home online shop prices and within the week delivery. Good average yields.

While waiting for that to be delivered read

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Noman%27s_tek

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1085

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=25780

At the end of all that when the MHRB turns up, do a nomans tek and you are good to go with in a min of 24 hours if needed.

Supplies, not really that hard.

lye (NaOH) is basically drain cleaner. Look in any hardware store, even large supermarkets, have it in their household cleaning section.

For a solvent check this link out, http://fuel.papo-art.com/ and look in the table for your country and the fuel name in column 3.

For example in Belgium it is Washbenzine, SWIM has been known to use this to great effect. Also art stores in their paint thinners section will have some clean solvents to use. Always do a google search for "MSDS + [name of your solvent]" to check if it has anything other than hydrocarbons in it. Post any questions on this forum. You will get an answer in a few hours at the most.

Do an evaporation test as well. Place a drop or 2 on a clear surface (a DVD disc does) and wait for it to evaporate, if there is no stain then you probably are good to go.

Use glass dishes and vessels, even buy products in jars from supermarkets and empty them out/ A jar of jam or pickles is not much different to buying an empty jar sometimes!

SWIM uses Mason Jars for mixing and a turkey baster for drawing off the solvent.

With a little concentration, order the MHRB today you would be ready by the weekend.

EDIT: Sorry the automatic linking of MHRB in forum posts, causes the web address of the shop to be corrupted. Remove the space after the m in mhrb in the link above and then copy and paste.

I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

nexalizer
#7 Posted : 11/20/2011 1:38:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

onethousandk wrote:
I've only had a single aya trip so my experience is limited, but it was a solo journey and not difficult to handle at all. It was a no acid extraction of 3g rue and 3g mimosa. I come from a similar background as yours and have been exposed to plenty of weed, a little bit of salvia and a nice handful of mushrooms. I would characterize my aya trip as similar (though obviously not the same) as a low dose of mushrooms, somewhere around 2 grams. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that I brewed without an acid so my mix was bit weak. In any case, I was alone and handled it completely fine. No purging even. I just took care to avoid fatty and fermented foods for 3 days. It was a lite diet, almost fasting, but not quite. I focused on my breathing and avoiding expectations. A very nice introduction to the experience. I'm excited for my next journey.

Cool, thanks for sharing.

nexalizer
#8 Posted : 11/20/2011 1:47:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awakened wrote:
nexalizer wrote:
While I'm extremely curious to experiment with smoked spice and working toward that goal, hopefully making it materialize in the coming year, at the moment the time constraint (+ having 0 knowledge about extracting & would need to find a good supplier of mhrb in europe (or research/get/order alternative plants), locate&buy any chemicals needed for the process, compare teks, learn about safety in the extraction process, etc) makes it an unrealistic course of action at this time.

Really that is not all that hard.

SWIM has been known to use this http://www.m hrb-shop.nl/index.php?route=common/home online shop prices and within the week delivery. Good average yields.

While waiting for that to be delivered read

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Noman%27s_tek

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1085

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=25780

At the end of all that when the MHRB turns up, do a nomans tek and you are good to go with in a min of 24 hours if needed.

Supplies, not really that hard.

lye (NaOH) is basically drain cleaner. Look in any hardware store, even large supermarkets, have it in their household cleaning section.

For a solvent check this link out, http://fuel.papo-art.com/ and look in the table for your country and the fuel name in column 3.

For example in Belgium it is Washbenzine, SWIM has been known to use this to great effect. Also art stores in their paint thinners section will have some clean solvents to use. Always do a google search for "MSDS + [name of your solvent]" to check if it has anything other than hydrocarbons in it. Post any questions on this forum. You will get an answer in a few hours at the most.

Do an evaporation test as well. Place a drop or 2 on a clear surface (a DVD disc does) and wait for it to evaporate, if there is no stain then you probably are good to go.

Use glass dishes and vessels, even buy products in jars from supermarkets and empty them out/ A jar of jam or pickles is not much different to buying an empty jar sometimes!

SWIM uses Mason Jars for mixing and a turkey baster for drawing off the solvent.

With a little concentration, order the MHRB today you would be ready by the weekend.

EDIT: Sorry the automatic linking of MHRB in forum posts, causes the web address of the shop to be corrupted. Remove the space after the m in mhrb in the link above and then copy and paste.

Thanks a lot! I will definitely come back to this - really think now is not the best time (if the experience is anywhere as spectacular as the descriptions of it, I know I'll be wanting to explore more, and I'll pretty much be away from home until mid January starting next week)

In any case, 1kg of rootbark would give me ~50mg, right ?

Out of curiosity, has any consensus emerged on the forum as to which dosage range tends to facilitate a breakthrough experience? I've seen different values everywhere, from 30 to 50 to 60 to 80.. For some reason the 50 stuck in my mind.

Awakened
#9 Posted : 11/20/2011 4:12:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1 Kg would give you 10 grams! However extracting from such a large amount of root bark in one go would be difficult. You would need a lot of water and a large container.

Best to do it in small batches if you have that much. 50 grams of bark will give you around 0.5 grams or 500 milligrams.

Breakthrough does vary person to person. I have found my spot around 35 milligrams for freebase.
I like to make things up, everything above is made up and not real, it is a story for my own amusement. Sorry if you felt mislead.

I normally have to edit my posts within a couple of minutes for prose, spelling and grammar. Just to let you know.

Purges
#10 Posted : 11/20/2011 4:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1 KG of rootbark will yield A LOT more than 50mg - try ~6-10 grams! 25-30 mg smoked in one lungful id usually enough for a breakthrough for most, including me.

Good luck!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

nexalizer
#11 Posted : 11/21/2011 12:23:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy shit, that would be enough DMT for a small army!

Interesting.. was convinced the resulting product would be much, much less.

Doodazzle
#12 Posted : 11/22/2011 5:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
enough DMT for a small army

Re: Set and Setting--a battlefield? No.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 11/22/2011 8:57:02 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

My first experiences with DMT was with rue- and MHRB-tea. I did not have a sitter since I didn't want to get distracted by anyone around me.

Those experiences were all done at my (then) small home and with my cats present, my cats are great for my journeys they are quiet and supporting. Here are a few practical things I learned from those journeys:

• Your body will get cold and feel cold with aya, I take my journeys in bed with a nice warm blanket.

• Having a bucket nearby is a great asset. Have this bucket sit next to your bed to start with. Once you have purged, set it further away from your bed, your pillow/blanket might drop on it and toss it over.

• Keep a small (half liter) bottle next to your bed to drink. You will get thirsty during the journey. A bigger bottle might sound nice but will probably be too heavy to drink from on your journey. When you drink take just a few gulps else you might have to urinate soon after drinking.

• Have something nearby to urinate in. This might prevent you having to crawl to the toilet.

• It might happen that you have to go to the toilet anyway for a 'bottom-purge' Pleased Crawling to the toilet and doing your thing can be pretty exhausting. Many times I had so much body load I dropped down on the floor after doing my toilet-stuff. For this it is good to have a nice carpet in front of your toilet. You have those special fluffy bathroom carpets, those are great. After you have laid down for a moment, you will be strong enough to crawl back to your comfy bed again.

• The come up can be frightening, letting go can be seemingly impossible and you might think this will take forever. Surprisingly, all the frightening moments will disappear after a while, keep that always in mind: it will pass!

• I don't like any light or music. Other people do prefer music and maybe some mood light. If you use any of these, make sure you can switch them off during your journey if you do not like them after all.

• Any sudden sound can be very distracting. Don't take your journey on a busy moment of the day when those sudden sounds are likely to happen. Switch off your phone, doorbell and all other equipment that can make a sudden sound. Don't have any noise making equipment nearby, like a computer with it's rattling harddisk and fans.

If I remember any other advice I will supplement this list. Have a nice and safe journey.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

BananaForeskin
#14 Posted : 11/22/2011 11:43:21 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

The Traveler gave you some good pointers, follow them!

My first psychedelic experience (besides weed) was a mimosa/syrian rue concoction that totally kicked my ass, in the best way possible, and definitely ranks among the formative experiences of my life. I can't think of having had a better introduction to psychedelics, and it sure beat my first half-dozen attempts at smoking spice.

I say go for it. I would recommend more chacruna, though, even though you're inexperienced, 50g-50g. Do you know what color of vine yours is? If it's white or yellow, I'd even say go ahead and up the dosage a little to, say, 60g. I've introduced several people to ayahuasca and 50g of yellow didn't always go as far as I'd have liked it to.
¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸â€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

nexalizer
#15 Posted : 11/22/2011 1:42:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All good points Traveler, I'll be sure to follow them. Still unsure about music, I guess that in time I'll discover my preference. With acid, definitely Very happy But I reckon this is going to be quite, quite different.

oden
#16 Posted : 11/23/2011 12:10:51 AM

odin the one

i like you.. your a homework guy which i respect..im the same. i wish you great luck for your journey. you came to the right place for advice.. may it be everything you seek..

nen888
#17 Posted : 11/23/2011 11:19:55 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i must say i think the Traveler's guide to solohuasca is probably the best brief summary i've read..Very happy

nexalizer
#18 Posted : 11/23/2011 2:08:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oden wrote:
i like you.. your a homework guy which i respect..im the same. i wish you great luck for your journey. you came to the right place for advice.. may it be everything you seek..

Thank you oden Smile

nen888 wrote:
..i must say i think the Traveler's guide to solohuasca is probably the best brief summary i've read..Very happy

Solohuasca.. haha. Never heard that before. I like the word!

nexalizer
#19 Posted : 11/28/2011 6:38:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm doing some final research tonight and in a couple of hours will go out to buy some cooking materials that I'm missing.

There are a couple of questions. I have searched the nexus and elsewhere, in some cases the answers from different places conflict.

Re lid or no lid, what's your opinion/experience? It seems no lid is fine.
Re acid or no acid, "" "" ? The data I gathered from other people's adventures suggests an acid (not THAT one!Smile) will make the brew stronger, altough it'll taste even worse than normal.

Also I'm curious, how do you usually go about this? It seems the process will take some good 9 hours. Do you start early in the day and bakify at night, or save for another day? In your opinion is it better to go get some rest after the experience ?

In my experience with other psychedelics I always want to go out and breathe the air and feel the sun and see the ocean etc, I'm really energetic, sleeping is the last thing on my mind. Random reports suggest it'll be more likely to want to get some rest afterwards. Any comments on this to see if a consensus emerges are welcome too.

Finally, I'm attaching a PDF. If you're experienced with brewing, could you comment on the method described there?

ThanksRazz

EDIT: Stupid question, sorry I couldn't find it with google.. if you decide to save the tea for another day - and I assume this implies putting it in a sealed container in the fridge - how then do you drink it? Just cold? Will anything accumulate at the bottom ?

Awakened
#20 Posted : 12/12/2011 11:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How was it?

12NEXT