We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A new perspective Options

dromedary
#1 Posted : 12/12/2011 9:20:50 AM

Camelus dromedarius

It seems like you all have a great little community here. The web would be a better place if more forums were like this one. I'd like to be part of it.

I don't know if I can bring much that these forums do not already have in abundance, but I hope that a little chemistry knowledge and a friendly demeanour will not go astray. :-)
For Australians I can help navigate our complex legal system and locate important precedents that may be of use, if anyone is in need or even just interested. A lot of case law and associated legal commentary isn't publicly available on the web, which makes it very hard to find without access to legal journals. When you pay a law firm for legal advice you are basically just paying for a paralegal or intern to search these journals and for a lawyer to rephrase the results in a way you can understand. I won't be offering legal advice, but perhaps I can still save some forum members some money. Law firms are expensive!

I have been interested in mind-altering drugs for a long time and used a wide variety of them, but it wasn't until I read PIHKAL that I have really embraced what I now see is the most important aspect of psychedelics: the ability to see deep inside oneself and access parts of the mind usually reserved for the subconscious. I used to hate the introspective aspect of psychedelics since it was uncomfortable, now I actively seek it out precisely because it is uncomfortable. Rather than living in a state of uneasy cognitive dissonance because some truth is too difficult to bear, I choose to bear the pain of realisation now so that I can move past it and think with greater clarity than before.

I don't think this process makes a person smarter, but it makes me a better person to be around. I participate in a lot of informal political debate, and where I used to redress people for illogical or irrational argument I now realise that the emotion I expressed as polite annoyance at them was really just fear of those same qualities being seen by others in myself. More generally, I now realise that many of the things that I don't like in other people are really just things that I don't like about myself.

My hope is that here I can find some kindred spirits to share and explore the amazing introspective potential of the psychedelic experience.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

drishti
#2 Posted : 12/12/2011 12:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dromedary wrote:

I don't think this process makes a person smarter, but it makes me a better person to be around. I participate in a lot of informal political debate, and where I used to redress people for illogical or irrational argument I now realise that the emotion I expressed as polite annoyance at them was really just fear of those same qualities being seen by others in myself. More generally, I now realise that many of the things that I don't like in other people are really just things that I don't like about myself.

My hope is that here I can find some kindred spirits to share and explore the amazing introspective potential of the psychedelic experience.

Welcome, dromedary! With the use of psychedelics I was able to overcome many of my frustrations and egoism, and it's always good to see that other people go through similar changes. What psychedelics are you familiar with? Interested in oral / smoked DMT?

Love & light,
d

ragabr
#3 Posted : 12/12/2011 6:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus dromedary! Are you planning on an extraction at any point? You down under are all quite lucky to have indigenous plants with such clean alkaloid profiles!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

oden
#4 Posted : 12/12/2011 11:08:27 PM

odin the one

welcome... a great place to start..the hearts here are very helpful, some wicked smart eggs bounce around this forum.. and they let me hang out too! if you got questions just type.. many will answer.. if you choose to try the spirit molecule.. come with an open heart and much respect.. it is the light that will show you what you seem to need...good luck in you quest..Oden