We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
Acacia confusa & Formosahuasca Options

rOm
#121 Posted : 12/8/2011 9:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Too bad Mindbody left the forum. I also had 100grams rootbark but went on an extraction. Now I wish I had saved more for ayahuasca/formosahuasca preparation instead.
Also Jamie, do you think it would grow easy in colder region whereit can snow in winter ?
I don't mind to wait years really, I like to grow plants and trees for the sake of botany.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

polytrip
#122 Posted : 12/8/2011 2:13:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Taiwan has a tropical climate, so i don´t think these trees would grow in colder regions. You could grow them indoors maybe, but i don´t know how large a tree has to be to be able keep harvesting it.

rOm
#123 Posted : 12/8/2011 3:01:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also the hawaï island naturalized it so it looks more of a tropical tree.
We need HUGE glasshouse !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

polytrip
#124 Posted : 12/9/2011 7:18:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
rOm wrote:
Also the hawaï island naturalized it so it looks more of a tropical tree.
We need HUGE glasshouse !

Someone from japan PM-ed me today, saying that they also grow in okinawa, wich is sub-tropical.

mindbody
#125 Posted : 4/10/2012 7:50:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After two years of waiting, my detailed reports on A. confusa written for Erowid have finally been published there:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=85253
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=85507

jamie
#126 Posted : 4/10/2012 3:58:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

rOm wrote:
Also Jamie, do you think it would grow easy in colder region whereit can snow in winter ?
I don't mind to wait years really, I like to grow plants and trees for the sake of botany.

What is the coldest zone they are hardy in?? I doubt anyway it concidering it is a tropical tree..here where I am in USDA zone 8 my confusa trees are going to be outside for maybey 7 months and then inside for the other 5, just like my hostilis, and my simplex when it germinates..unlike my acuminata and floribunda trees which I am assuming can handle being outside year round here.

Even hostilis might be able to stay outside here..it is hardy to zone 9 apparently but the coldest minimum temps for hostilis is around the coldest I remember it getting this year..but then there is the chance it does drop too low for a day and they all die, I dont want to take that risk..and cofusa seems more tropical so I dunno..

My mimosa trees have been fine wintering indoors..the lost some leaves but are getting them back now. In winter I put them hear a window with some grow lights. They came in for 5 months this year and I just put them outside in new pots yesterday and they should be out there for the next 7 months. I dont see why confusa can not be done the same way, unless you live in an even colder climate or something I dunno..
Long live the unwoke.

Seldom
#127 Posted : 5/20/2012 5:08:49 AM

Wiradjuri

i'd say you probly could, i've done week long ethanol soaks on the phyllodes of a different species to get an amount of black tar, i would imagine if a similar process worked with confusa you would be able to put it into capsules for a crude cactus style method of ingestion. i remember a post in the acacia thread saying there can be problems in acacias with dmt getting caught up with tars in a/b extraction https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=347977#post347977
i've wondered if the tar from an ethanol soak/evap is active, and was able to be redissolved into a basic solution, whether it could be processed in a similar way to the brick method for mimosas

nen888
#128 Posted : 5/20/2012 5:22:38 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

mindbody wrote:
Quote:
After two years of waiting, my detailed reports on A. confusa written for Erowid have finally been published there:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=85253
http://www.erowid.org/ex...ences/exp.php?ID=85507..]

..thank for this great work mindbody, very inspiring..

Seldom wrote:
Quote:
i've wondered if the tar from an ethanol soak/evap is active, and was able to be redissolved into a basic solution, whether it could be processed in a similar way to the brick method for mimosas

..a crude ethanol extract isn't smokable (due to the tars), however it would certainly be orally active in conjunction with MAOIs..the tars are resins (like pine resins) and are not harmful to the stomach (only lungs)
i don't think there is any need to try and remove tannins from acacias, and this seems like an unnecessary complication..
..boiling 3 X 45mins-1hr in water (ayahuasca style) gets most of the alkaloid into solution, and is straightforward..

«PREV567