We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello, new member here. I have a question on "experience" before trying DMT Options

Karnos
#1 Posted : 12/9/2011 3:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, new member here.

I have been really interested on DMT and what it brings forth to the table ever since first hearing someone talk about it in a party some time ago. I am still very ignorant and have much to learn before even trying to experience a DMT trip, most importantly, I'll have to learn some chemistry if I want to extract it myself, so I will have to learn a whole new set of technical skills while learning the necessary mental steps to go ahead.

However, my question at the moment is if it is fundamentally necessary for me to have previous experience with psychodelics before entering DMT? The only substance I have ever done (other than Alcohol) is Marijuana,-which of course is not a psychodelic- and just in very small doses and very few times.

Is it dangerous to go into "Hyperspace" without any previous experiences?

I am also a very emotional person, mainly because my life in the last four or so years hasn't been that good, although the going year has been very good for me. I am working in fixing my overtly emotional mind, I started doing very basic meditation exercises to help calm my mind so that I can live a better, more relaxed life. Right now I am going through the final stages of my Masters in advanced architecture's thesis, a project that didn't come out the way I planed and expected, so I've been quiet down and moody recently, but I am hoping that these meditation exercises will help me clear my mind and guide me to a better life time.

I really want to experience DMT, but I have a lot of things to fix and learn before that.

Thanks a lot.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sky Motion
#2 Posted : 12/9/2011 3:29:48 AM

<3

Something weird happened with my message. But I basically said it's not necessary to have prior psychedelic experience before DMT, because nothing can really prepare you for it. It is nice to get your toes in the water and have a feel for it though. I recommend mushrooms or LSD to start.

hixidom
#3 Posted : 12/9/2011 4:03:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sky Motion is right: There's really no way to be prepared for it, even for somebody who has done it many times. I would recommend LSD or mushrooms first because, if you've never had a psychedelic experience before, then you really have no idea why so many people have dedicated their lives to it. The DMT experience can be very confounding, but I think that it's is an incredible tool. How should this tool be used and for what purpose? I don't think I would've known the answer to that question before I did LSD. So basically, I agree with Sky.

On the other hand, access to LSD is much harder to attain than access to DMT, and you have to work with what you've got. Looking up Terrence Mckenna's video lectures on DMT might help to give you an idea of an idea of what you're in for but, as TM says, you can't really talk about what it's like; you can only try to.

Also,
Quote:
Marijuana,-which of course is not a psychodelic-

What?! If you continue your pursuit of psychedelia, you will one day realise that your whole life has been one big psychedelic experience of sorts. It's like your eyes are finally opened to an aspect of existence that you never understood or noticed before. You can never know what psychedelic experience actually is until you've had one.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

xantus
#4 Posted : 12/9/2011 4:10:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I hadn't even smoked MJ before I did... (and I also learned how to extract (thanks MIT website!) [No discussion of buying and selling] and not really breaking through)

nothing can prepare you for it. having the resolve to go through learning the extraction can help tie you to the experience....but its a question that noone can answer for you. and if you do it... you may not even know the answer.

let go any expectation that this is a means to some certain end (a cure, a fix.. what have you) it is a wild thing and can take you any-any-anywhere.

Sky Motion
#5 Posted : 12/9/2011 4:25:45 AM

<3

xantus wrote:
I hadn't even smoked MJ before I did... (and I also learned how to extract (thanks MIT website!) after first buying a gram with a friend and not really breaking through)

nothing can prepare you for it. having the resolve to go through learning the extraction can help tie you to the experience....but its a question that noone can answer for you. and if you do it... you may not even know the answer.

let go any expectation that this is a means to some certain end (a cure, a fix.. what have you) it is a wild thing and can take you any-any-anywhere.

Read the attitude page carefully, no discussion on buying/selling drugs, please edit immediately.

VoidTraveler
#6 Posted : 12/9/2011 8:35:25 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Welcome Karnos! Like many other travelers on here said, nothing can prepare you. I've given a very select group of people access to DMT after they showed interest. Some of them had never used psychedelics and in order for them to handle/deal with the experience more easily I've only given them small dosages, around 15 ~ 20mg. Enough for the pretties to appear but not enough to breakthrough.

As long as you have a tripsitter(someone to look after you while you've taken DMT and you're on the other side) and a good scale you'll be fine. Just start low and increase in increments of 5 or 10mg.

Karnos wrote:
The only substance I have ever done (other than Alcohol) is Marijuana,-which of course is not a psychodelic- and just in very small doses and very few times.

Many people don't know this, but cannabis is actually a psychedelic substance. I know a few people that have had very intense psychedelic experiences on cannabis. One guy had an out of body experience where he could even see his silver cord. Cannabis also affects LSD as it'll intensifies the trip significantly. Not too long ago I took 2.5 blotter LSD and at the height of it I smoked some high quality hashish and not too much later I experienced my first and full ego death.

As for your disappointment/frustration with your final project not going like you wish: Your meditations will help you accept that. Don't force it, it's ok to feel a little bit down because of it, and you'll need some time to accept that. But you cannot force acceptance. Instead of focusing on what went wrong, focus on the things that went well and use those to understand that even if it's not what you intended to create, it is still a great piece of work.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Bill Cipher
#7 Posted : 12/9/2011 9:14:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I echo the sentiments of some the above.

More important than prior experience is a curious, seeking nature. Prior experience is certainly helpful, but it's not an absolute necessity (in my opinion). And it's very true that nothing else can really prepare you for this. There's just nothing like it. It's weirder than anything the human mind can conjur up.

Finally, I don't know if it helps you with your master's thesis, but I'll tell you this - you'll be building cathedrals in there. You will realize your full creative potential inside the space, and if you're lucky you can even bring back a little of that magic with you.

alive
#8 Posted : 12/9/2011 9:51:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
Quote:
Marijuana,-which of course is not a psychodelic-

What?! If you continue your pursuit of psychedelia, you will one day realise that your whole life has been one big psychedelic experience of sorts. It's like your eyes are finally opened to an aspect of existence that you never understood or noticed before. You can never know what psychedelic experience actually is until you've had one.

I agree with him. Because Marijuana alone does not (for all the people I know of) open their eyes to the wonder of existence. It is neccesary to try "true" psychedelics before you really understand the psychedelic nature of Marijuana.

BananaForeskin
#9 Posted : 12/9/2011 11:37:21 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Karnos, go for it, dude. I also didn't have any experience with psychedelics before I tried DMT (and tried a lot of DMT), and I've never regretted it in the least.

And I disagree with marijuana not being a psychedelic (not in your case, tho, Karnos; small doses are a different matter), the first time I tried weed was in the form of a particularly potent pot cookie and it blew my socks off. 'Nuff said.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Karnos
#10 Posted : 12/9/2011 2:26:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot for the replies, guys. Right now I'm concentrating on getting the thesis done for (deadline is next Friday) and after that I will be visiting my family for Christmas and New Year. I'll start learning some chemistry starting next year and get this going

Thanks a lot, it is all very encouraging! Smile