We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Back injury Options

gory dkalz
#1 Posted : 12/7/2011 8:19:13 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas

So I hurt myself at work today and got a lower back injury. Quite painful to the point I was in tears just trying to put my underwear on and had to have my wife put my socks on for me.

But anyway.. I was prescribed percocet, naproxen, and robaxin (a muscle relaxer). My question is, would the percocet or robaxin detract from vaped spice? And even more importantly, is it possible for there to be any kind of harmful effect of combining DMT and the muscle relaxer? I'm sure the percocet would be safe but think it would probably dumb down the trip somewhat. But I just want to make sure I'll be safe if I'm feeling well enough to blast off in the next couple days.

Also, does anyone have any experience using DMT while in physical pain already? Would it feel better or possibly exaggerate the pain? I thank you in advance for your time and information.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 12/7/2011 8:40:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd wait until the pain subsides before using any spice. Large amounts of physical pain does not equate to a good set/setting for the psychedelic experience imo

gory dkalz
#3 Posted : 12/7/2011 8:54:03 PM

Donnie Michael Thomas

Boo. Oh well. I guess it doesn't hurt to take a break for a little bit. I think I'll take this time to meditate and focus on what exactly I am trying to get from my spice usage.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

Dream2Awaken
#4 Posted : 12/7/2011 9:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used DMT as a pain reliever when I had tooth abscesses. 9 out of 10 it worked. 10% of the time it ended up amplifying the pain.
Let the Tao flow through you. Be the embodiment of it so throughout, that when passed by on the street they say, "Look! There goes Dao!"

Bill Cipher
#5 Posted : 12/7/2011 9:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never experienced it myself, but have heard stories of sunburns triggering burning in hell for all eternity type journeys into hyperspace. Personally, I would wait until the meatsack is 100%. I've also heard stories of opiate interaction being less than synergistic (from dumbing down to anxiety provoking), so I'd be careful about mixing the two.

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 12/7/2011 9:51:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
but have heard stories of sunburns triggering burning in hell for all eternity type journeys into hyperspace.

Same goes for heartburns...

۩
#7 Posted : 12/7/2011 9:54:56 PM

I damaged my sciatic nerve on the job. It's been 13 months. They've tried to prescribe me all kinds of pharmaceuticals and I've thrown every single pill in the garbage.
I wasn't able to dose psychedelics for a good 3-4 months because of the pain and numbness. It made for some very depressing trips when I did dose.

The only thing that worked for me in regards to nullifying the severity of my pain was iboga. Everything else, including a high dose of ayahuasca, was ineffective childsplay at best.

DMT isn't going to do anything except make you think about how messed up you are. At least that's how it was with me. I can use it nowadays. It took me a while to accept what I have become. As others have pointed out, it is unwise to combine DMT with the drugs that you are on right now.

I hope your situation isn't nearly as bad as mine and you recover back to full health very soon.