We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello Options

Jurassic
#1 Posted : 12/6/2011 5:23:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Smile

Just introducing myself here. I would like to become part of this community and actively share and collaborate personal findings, thoughts, breakthroughs and safety tips. Ridding the putrid stigma that comes with all accociated with mind expansion, self discovery and entheogenic evolution starts with one positive responsible and meaningful portrayal of an experience. I find that here........Ive been a browser of dmt-nexus for a little while and would now like to be an active participant! I have many questions to pose and many experiences to share. I am new to DMT though in particular hence why I'm costantly thirsting for knowledge of the chemical. After a year of research, i have finally made my first ayahuasca brew....it sits in the fridge awaiting good weather.....i have been on la dieta......it forced me to cease all medications for other ailments in preparation and i must say.......i have been changed even without having the ayahuasca itself! No longer an ssri zombie and the diet has done wonders to my fructose intolerance!!! It was then i realised the positivity that is wrapped in the very zeitgist of DMT wether it be mental or physical......It just feels right to peruse it.

Im like a child on christmas eve every day now knowing there is more to discover ......the question in my gut thats always been impossible to extinguish...'what is life?'...'why are we bound to this particular way of living?' Im a dreamer and i question everything.......my pesky continuous questioning and self healing has come together in the answer of DMT. I might sound n00bish as I've never had it yet, but my experience with marijuana in particular has been enlightening to say the least......the way it breaks down the subconscious and allows one to have over indulgent 5 star cognitive therapy with ones self.......the same I've found with LSD....What I've read and viewed on DMT makes me feel I've been getting ready for her.....ive never made a big deal out of a psychedelic before.......im not sure if its the hype and utter intregue surrounding all things McKenna or the fact Strassman's work broke boundaries with what is the 'norm' with such substances...... Anyway......im here to learn more...put my learning to practice.........put in my 2cents if i think it may be helpful and generally have a good time......

Nice to meet you Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jurassic
#2 Posted : 12/6/2011 5:32:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im going to jump right in........ i had a question in relation to a tek.......as posted on shroomery;

http://www.shroomery.org...flat.php/Number/15467866

Basically I'm wanting to turn one of my ayahuasca brews into smokable form..... the idea of using lye and other corrosives is a little daunting to me.......are there other materials i could use that are not as dangerous?

Thanks in advance

endlessness
#3 Posted : 12/6/2011 9:52:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Im very glad that you have been on a path of self-development, bettering yourself in different levels. One side question, were your eating habbits also affected thus far in your path for self-improvement?

I think you have a good attitude, which will play on your side when exploring DMT and these substances. I hope to hear more from you in the nexus!

Re: your extraction questions:

Lye is perfectly ok to use and will probably be the most 'guaranteed' good results in this case, just take the safety precautions (add it slowly to water because it warms the container, use safety goggles and gloves, wash your solvent with dilute sodium carb solution after its separated from the main acqueous basic solution)

In any case if you dont want to use lye, you could try sodium carbonate and using a solvent like xylene (yuck!) or limonene or some other vegetable oil like the teks mentioned in our sustainable nexus subforum. But sodium carb is known to cause a lot of emulsions so mix carefully and add plenty of table salt to help clearing emulsions. Also careful sodium carb will bubble/foam if you add it to an acidic brew (CO2 being generated) so add slowly. Im not sure how good the yield will be with sodium carbonate. Dont use naphtha/hexane/heptane because with sodium carb pH your yield will be very low, so use the other abovementioned solvents, and salt them out like written in BLAB tek.

Yet another option is to evap your solution down plenty, make a paste with calcium hydroxide (a very safe base), and then pull with a solvent, like q21q21 or amorfati's tek.

Let us know how it goes!

oden
#4 Posted : 12/6/2011 8:17:06 PM

odin the one

i like you .. your a research guy.. i have a lot of respect for that.. if it helps, my friend uses q21q21s tek 2 great for DMT.. and it really works great . end results are always clean and pure.. almost fool proof.. no problems not once.. you have the right atititude for what you seek.. i wish you the very best of luck in what evere you choose..alot of great people here. always ready to help.. much respect Oden
p,s let us know how it goes

Ice House
#5 Posted : 12/7/2011 2:32:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Welcome Jurassic!

Wondeful introduction!

Welcome!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Jurassic
#6 Posted : 12/7/2011 4:31:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

Im very glad that you have been on a path of self-development, bettering yourself in different levels. One side question, were your eating habbits also affected thus far in your path for self-improvement?

I think you have a good attitude, which will play on your side when exploring DMT and these substances. I hope to hear more from you in the nexus!

Re: your extraction questions:

Lye is perfectly ok to use and will probably be the most 'guaranteed' good results in this case, just take the safety precautions (add it slowly to water because it warms the container, use safety goggles and gloves, wash your solvent with dilute sodium carb solution after its separated from the main acqueous basic solution)

In any case if you dont want to use lye, you could try sodium carbonate and using a solvent like xylene (yuck!) or limonene or some other vegetable oil like the teks mentioned in our sustainable nexus subforum. But sodium carb is known to cause a lot of emulsions so mix carefully and add plenty of table salt to help clearing emulsions. Also careful sodium carb will bubble/foam if you add it to an acidic brew (CO2 being generated) so add slowly. Im not sure how good the yield will be with sodium carbonate. Dont use naphtha/hexane/heptane because with sodium carb pH your yield will be very low, so use the other abovementioned solvents, and salt them out like written in BLAB tek.

Yet another option is to evap your solution down plenty, make a paste with calcium hydroxide (a very safe base), and then pull with a solvent, like q21q21 or amorfati's tek.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi endlessness,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the quality information!

In relation to the eating habits I'm not 100% as to which aspect you referring to specifically. My day to day eating habits were indeed changed though;

for the build up of constant body energy I ensure 6 smaller meals ( which is generally what any dietitian or health practitioner would recommend for most people seeking better health...utilising the bodies metabolism to work at its best and to avoid unwanted and unhealthy weight gain etc. also to help control my blood sugar which in turn helps to avoid afternoon headache and or irritability! I'm not a machine though and give a little leeway )

Also tyramine free. due to the MAOI. The foods rich in tyramine i had to cease were mainly Vegemite - yeast extract, soy based products especially soy sauce and camembert. i don't eat meat and junk'ish foods don't play nice with my fructose/sensitive gut as it is. I find if i eat bland foods such as white steamed rice, water, nuts and steamed vegetables i feel lighter on my feet, my body seems more energised and any lethargy one would usually get is minimised almost completely.....and spin off from this is usually promotion of a decent nights sleep.....most of the time......the height of decadence for me these days would be a red bull in the morning....

In terms of my wanting to produce a smokable DMT 'i still need to get familiar with terms here' was instantly impressed by the organic teks.

Once i get my head around the 'pull with a solvent part' ill be set. problem is incorporating what I've done already prep wise into the end of these teks.

Thankyou Very happy

Jurassic
#7 Posted : 12/7/2011 4:42:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oden wrote:
i like you .. your a research guy.. i have a lot of respect for that.. if it helps, my friend uses q21q21s tek 2 great for DMT.. and it really works great . end results are always clean and pure.. almost fool proof.. no problems not once.. you have the right atititude for what you seek.. i wish you the very best of luck in what evere you choose..alot of great people here. always ready to help.. much respect Oden
p,s let us know how it goes

G'day Oden! The more i research the more everything falls into place, and more tangents present themselves for further learning.........its inspiring. Thanks for the tip in relation to q21q21's tek. I will give it a go in the next few months. the same to you and your endeavours Very happy

Jurassic
#8 Posted : 12/7/2011 4:46:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
Welcome Jurassic!

Wondeful introduction!

Welcome!

Hello Ice House! Thank you Very happy I've read a few of your posts over at shroomery a while back! friend of mine mentioned ayahuasca in a pill, got me thinking of how now would go about it.....ive bookmarked your tek in relation to this one for the future.

Nice to meet you Razz