We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Boom festival 2012 Options

sonatine
#1 Posted : 11/28/2011 11:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://boomfestival.org/boom2012/ is anyone going there??? I definatly am!!! Seems so awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Shaolin
#2 Posted : 11/28/2011 11:43:25 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Way ahead of ya Pleased
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=27384
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

rjb
#3 Posted : 11/29/2011 10:43:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love Portugal, I love sea. Last year I visited Portugal for the first time and I felt like that was the actual place where I should've been born. People are great, too! A psy party in a place like this = magical wonders Very happy

See you there!
The truth...lies within.

probe
#4 Posted : 12/1/2011 8:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

see you there! Very happy
I am Probe. A gatherer of information. My mission is to absorb and expand. When Probe has absorbed and expanded Probe always comes back to base to report and re-fuel. Probe is always true and thorough for the cause of the expansion of the collective counsiousness.
When information is accumulated and stored Probe is ready to be sent back in to gather more!

SHroomtroll
#5 Posted : 12/2/2011 5:18:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made thread in the memebers section but feel i need to add something here aswell.

Ive been to boom tvice and will hopefully go many more times, it´s the best psy festival ive been to not because of the music but because of the size and overall vibe.

Some people claim it´s gone commercial but i can´t really see why anyone would say that, they had 28000 people there last year and still lost money, that tells alot about how much they put into the festival.

cruisinalltheway
#6 Posted : 12/5/2011 6:26:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

they have like an hour long video on their website, lots of psy trance. ive been to burning man, can anyone compare the two? i was thinking of going to boom too, however i dont think i could handle all the psy trance. the dubstep was barely tolerable at burning man hehe

dtrypt
#7 Posted : 12/5/2011 10:33:54 AM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

yeah, you may take strain at a psy party if the music's not to your taste. I just came back from two days at Cape Town's biggest psy event. the stage took a 45 minute break on Saturday afternoon, the rest of the time it was wall to wall psytrance. it's my culture and I am used to it, I can even sleep right next to the dancefloor...

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#8 Posted : 12/5/2011 4:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

believe me friends, Boom is THE festival, you dont want to miss it!
Not for the music, but for the experience itself as a whole, you will never find a festival like this!

I think a nexian encounter in boom would be really great!

C ya there my friends!

PS: as for the psy trance comments i just saw now, dont worry, you have the groovie beach, full of minimal music and all kinds of electronic stuf (break beat, dubstep, electro, etc), you have the chill out, you have the sacred fire, full of organic sound, believe me, Boom is not only for the music, you have so much to see that you even forget that there is a Dance Floor with psy trance!
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

DoingKermit
#9 Posted : 12/5/2011 10:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know Ozora is a LOT smaller than Boom festival, but for people who have been to both... How do they compare and which do you prefer?

SHroomtroll
#10 Posted : 12/6/2011 8:25:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was at oxora for the first time this year and since there was over 30 000 people there it wasnt that much smaller.

I would say that the scale of both festivals is about the same but since boom has alot more places with stuff it get´s about double the size.

Ozora was actually quite crowded and getting a private spot was impossible Sad

But in the end i think it comes down to what you wan´t out of a festival, if you go for the music ozora def has the better lineup usually, shpongle kicked ass and there was almost always good music on the dancefloor and in the chillout.

Boom on the other hand usally has a few really good acts but fill out with alot of crap aswell, they claim it to be unknown gems but alot is garbage trance that noone seemed to like.

Although the 2012 lineup looks really good and as long as you know what you wan´t to hear it´s no problems at all.

ALso i prefer ozora´s soundsystem since i think function one sounds plastic, some music sounds really good like the hitech trance but forest sounds loose their organic vibe and the bass feels to amplified.

Ozora rocks martin audio which most good dj´s prefer since it sounds more hifi than PA which means better dynamic and less unts unts.

But overall boom still has alot more to offer since at ozora we got preety tired of just dancing and hanging at the chillout all the time.

So it depends if you are a dance floor fiend i think ozora is your best bet, but if you wan´t a more filling experience and have more cash to spend then go for boom!