We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Apparently we produce DMT when we die? Options

virtualmark
#1 Posted : 12/6/2011 10:33:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey, i've read lots of bold claims that we produce DMT ourselves, yet i can't find much evidence about this. From what i've read, this hasn't actually been proved. Also we produce it when we sleep? I find that hard to believe, my dreams are nothing like a DMT trip.

Anyhow, this made me think, if we produce DMT when we die, what happens if you die by gunshot to the head? Or gunshot to the pineal gland? What happens if you step on a landmine and are totally vaporized? I don't think your brain will produce much DMT then. I could think of a hundred other ways but i think you get my point.

There seems to be a lot of claims out there, that DMT is natural and ok for us to take as we make it all the time etc. I'd just like to see some more research on it. I've tried it a few times now, and each time it literally blew me away, unlike anything i've ever experienced. There was a familiar feeling each time, which is strange. I'd just like to know more about it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 12/6/2011 10:48:53 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..DMT is found naturally in small amounts in human blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine, along with NMT, bufotenine and other amines [see: Determination of potentially hallucinogenic N-dimethylated indoleamines in human urine by HPLC/ESI-MS-MS.
..it's role is not known, but it appears to be required in everyday normal conscious functioning..
the claims that it is released at death, or is in the pineal, are purely speculative..there is no direct evidence (there is evidence of ß-carbolines and 5methoxy-tryptamine in the pineal, and i have been told recently by S. Voogelbreinder, also 5meothyDMT)
..there is no current fast enough methodology to test the released at death theory..
the fact that DMT has no physiological tolerance [Strassman] indicates that it is a readily up-taken, low toxicity substance..

endlessness
#3 Posted : 12/6/2011 10:54:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check FAQ and related links there

tele
#4 Posted : 12/6/2011 10:58:03 AM
Explorer

Look on wikipedia also