We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jorkest, others?? Vaporgenie smoking technique advise please Options

monkeyboy
#1 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:22:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest did a good job selling the vaporgenie to swim-

a quick question:

how hard does one pull?

Swim remembers reading that nothing escapes the bowl part, so he imagines it might be difficult to tell if hes pulling too hard. Swim used to always use a glass stem- so there was both some room in the chamber and he could see the buildup of smoke, and he always knew that if the smoke started coming out the bowl end to pull just a hair harder.

Hes also curious cause he knows he used to smoke it on the hot side, and he imagines he may have a hard time distinguishing wether or not hes getting good hits (at first, obviously the effects will inform him)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 12/6/2008 5:32:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

pull it so that the flame enters the hole directly in the center..but not reaching down so far as to touch the ceramic screen..and just pull very long and slow...what happens is that if you pull faster the temperature goes down because there is much more cool air coming into the pipe...but if you pull slower it gets really warm...what you want is the dmt to vaporize...but there is no chance of flame touching it..only hot air...and if you put it in a bed of herb..you want to get it nice and hot..so that it escapes the herb...hit it long and slow...

pretend you are breathing through a straw...and pull stead but slow through that...slow is the key..but enough to draw the flame down into the pipe
it's a sound

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 12/6/2008 5:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

dont pull it into your cheeks like you would a cigar...pull it all directly into the lungs..long and slow...and make sure you clear the pipe..because..once the ceramic filter is warm..it stays warm for a little bit..so once you stop putting the flame to the pipe...hit it really hard for a few seconds to clear out the rest of the hit...

these hits get really deep down into your lungs...so its best to take a little bit of normal air after hitting the pipe..to get some oxygen...and then SWALLOW..it closes the flap from your lungs..it locks in the hit..and then SMILE really big...and hold your hit for at least 20 seconds..and at the 20 seconds..if you havent gotten to the place you want to be...take another loooong slllloww toke....and hold that until you dont notice..

enjoy
it's a sound

monkeyboy
#4 Posted : 12/24/2008 8:42:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim just got his vap. genie in the mail today....rather then use an inert smoking substance to melt the spice on... could swim clean up some copper mesh and use that instead? Swim doesnt want anything by spicey goodness entering his virginous lungs

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 12/24/2008 8:57:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm..i wonder..SWIM likes to use blue lotus because its smooth and has a flowery taste to it..but i suppose you could use a copper mesh..but im not sure how well it will hold it..

you could also just use ashes..

edit: what i see happening with the copper mesh is that it just melts through..im not sure if it would work or not..but it probably could be easily tested..
it's a sound

endlessness
#6 Posted : 12/24/2008 12:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so you cant put pure spice in the vapor genie? SWIM is not a fan of using herbs when smoking spice

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 12/24/2008 4:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well i mean you CAN..but you just need to figure out a way to do it..perhaps a piece of foil would hold it..but really if you are using ashes or blue lotus..you dont really taste it at all..its not like you are SMOKING anything..its just vaporizing the spice off of it...
it's a sound

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 12/24/2008 4:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anybody that had a vaporgenie could easily put some steel wool or whatever they use and test if it holds it..SWIM just has never tried..
it's a sound

endlessness
#9 Posted : 12/24/2008 8:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ah ok the ashes work too?

thats perfect then

I thought ashes wouldnt work, but if so, SWIM might give it a try when he has some money

Nanaki
#10 Posted : 12/25/2008 12:25:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ashes work. Lettuce doesn't. SWIM thought he could use that instead of parsley. Does not work.

SWIM likes to take slow deep breaths like Jorkest, but he sometimes feels short of breath when breathing that slowly.

If you take an RIMA like THH sublingually first, it will require less DMT to get good effects.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

monkeyboy
#11 Posted : 12/27/2008 6:30:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

using cleaned* copper mesh... fantastic!

First time using vaporgenie- melted slightly smaller then normal hit on copper wire mesh. Just pulled hard enough so that flame was bent into pipe, but not touching element. Nice Looooong hit- swims eyes where crossing towards the end- couldnt tell the diff between pipe and his hand! Works slightly better then using a glass stem.

Swim is definatly sold.

Thank you once again Jork!

afterwards, swim checked the copper mesh/pipe innards... clean as a whistle!!!!

* swim hopes peeps know to first burn their mesh (swim gets his copper mesh at his local headshop) then run it under water and thoroughly dry before using in order to burn off any residual crap in order to protect the lungs..

lorax
#12 Posted : 1/8/2009 3:10:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a friend of mine always uses damiana leaves.. flowers are even better they taste really sweet and have a soothing effect on anxiety. he has the feeling that when blasting off from damiana it makes the universe love him even more. check it out. its cheap stuff.. you can order it at any pharmacy - or grow it yourself. it grows just about anywhere and grows fast! i love the smell!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

xdream
#13 Posted : 1/14/2009 3:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest and others how do you smoke it with parsley?
Divine Moments of Truth