We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
does anyone else enjoy calea zacatechichi? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 10/28/2008 5:04:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what are your experiences with it? any lucid dreaming? i'm having my problems getting lucid with this stuff. any recommendations?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 10/28/2008 5:24:58 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 10/28/2008 5:47:14 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Try growing it and using the fresh plant.

Both Silene capensis and Calea z. are good stuff.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

lorax
#4 Posted : 10/29/2008 9:55:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i grow it for many years.. i also tried it fresh. nothing happened tho. ive tried smoking it, drinking it and eating it raw off the plant. with smoking ive noticed a mild calming effect.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#5 Posted : 10/29/2008 9:56:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe it just doesnt produce any actives in my mid european climate.

droplet
#6 Posted : 11/3/2008 1:14:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to fool around with Calea Z. about a year ago. I believe the trick to getting the right affect was drinking a cup or two of it then smoking it until your drowsy enough to fall asleep and then basically go to sleep. I remember my dream was alot more vivid and i could remember it alot easier. It really killed off that fleeting affect.

Has anyone ever heard of mixing Calea Z. and DMT. I would think that it would help get rid of the fleeting effect or at least synergize with it somehow since they both deal with dreams.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 11/3/2008 1:38:27 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

droplet wrote:
I would think that it would help get rid of the fleeting effect or at least synergize with it somehow since they both deal with dreams.

Be more careful when mixing facts with speculationsRazz . But using Calea as a carrier herb for spice is certainly on someone's to-do list.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

lorax
#8 Posted : 11/3/2008 11:03:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

has anyone tried combining the caapi vine with calea? could it be a good admixture for ayahuasca?

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 11/7/2008 6:28:00 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

droplet wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of mixing Calea Z. and DMT. I would think that it would help get rid of the fleeting effect or at least synergize with it somehow since they both deal with dreams.

Holy crap. Calea smoked along with dmt... Eternity itself cannot describe now amazing this combination is...the REAL DEAL for SWIM' FOAF..whoa that was really intense.

Garulfo
#10 Posted : 11/7/2008 7:57:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One time SWIM drank a full glass of strong calea tea. One hour later he smoked some DMT. Difficult to say in what way the calea affected the experience but it was great fun (maybe just placebo ?).

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 11/8/2008 5:46:21 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Hahaha, certainly not the best idea to post just after coming back from hyperspace.

The Calea herb as carrier made the trip indeed wonderful, yet isn't almost every trip wondrous? It did however add lots of green and white tones and it helped recollection of the events. SWIM had been getting quite a few of hyperspace travels lately for which he had complete inability to remember the middle parts as a common theme. The Calea made a definite difference. But more trials are required (both for him and other people) before jumping to conclusions. And every person is different.

Drinking Calea never really made it for SWIM, even with decoctions of 20g (yuk!). But smoking as a way of administering substances (as opposed to oral administration) is a different issue; the different pharmacodynamics of faster onsets, faster comedowns and peak experiences can really make the difference sometimes.

droplet
#12 Posted : 11/8/2008 6:38:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ill try and find where i saw the directions to drink a a cup or two of it first, and then smoke till drowsy.

But I'm pretty sure that's the key to calea....

the only hard part is drinking it and smoking it without throwing up

I was also wondering is it possible to extract the active compounds in calea and then maybe freebase along with spice... perhaps this would be the most effective way to use it...

lorax
#13 Posted : 11/18/2008 11:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you can do a standard ethanol extraction with calea. it will give you a crude, smokeable extract.

rellik
#14 Posted : 12/9/2008 9:32:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

calea is such a great carrier. SWIM loves it as a smoking bed for DMT or MJ pollen/hash. infact SWIM really enjoys the taste of the smoke. still has not tried oral brew though.

zacatechichi!

edit: its hard to say if SWIM noticed the herb adding any effects though, not enough exp. with the calea
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

jamie
#15 Posted : 12/9/2008 11:48:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yes, i have had calea work for me somewhat on a few occasions.. most were iffy. The times i had only smoked the plant i never really noticed much of a difference as my dreams can change from night to night anyway.. however, i did once brew up a tea with a conciderable ammount of material, and drank it before sleep, and right after smoked a good sized joint of the stuff as well.

That night I experienced a strange OBE like dream where i was sort of strobing around my room without a body and i seemed to fly right out through the roof of my house and flew over my neighbourhood before i woke up. The experience was probabilt only like 2 or 3 minutes long at the most, but interesting. The rest of the night I had frequent sleep paralysis..

This was maybe 3-4 years ago, n i have since forgot about this plant until I saw this thread. Maybe I will try again someday..how easy are they to grow?? Heard its synergizes well with salvia and probabily spice as well, anything that takes you out of body..

Long live the unwoke.

Spacehippie
#16 Posted : 12/10/2008 7:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim was thinking about trying some 5x harmaline tincture with some spice dissolved in it and then evaporated onto some calea.Has anybody tried this combo?If so let swim know.If not I will get a report from swim as soon as I see him again.
Once in a while you get shone the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Saidin
#17 Posted : 12/24/2008 6:22:49 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

I've used Calea for infused herb and as a bed for the spice, both work well. I find that it brings more blues/purples into the experience.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.