We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acetylcholine (ACh) Promoters? Options

Aetherius Rimor
#1 Posted : 9/10/2011 6:16:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote from a book I'm currently reading.

Quote:
The ACh promotion of dreaming and REM has been demonstrated in animal research, but only subjectively reported and presumed in humans. Subjective reports of combining both the dissociative ketamine and the psychedelic LSD with pre-doses of galantamine and choline (both acetylcholine promoters) indicates that ACh promoters faciliate emotionally intense eidetic hallucinations...

Do any of our resident biochemists have any knowledge of this idea?

I am wondering if such a pre-dose of galantamine and choline prior to a solely Mushroom trip would be just as... useful so to speak?

Is there any inherent dangers/contraindictions with the usage of galantamine/choline?

Is anyone aware of where more information could be found out about this, such as dosage ranges, timelines of dosage (T- 1:00 hour for instance).

This is an idea I'm consdering pursuing, however I intend to perform all due diligence to preserve my physical health before engaging in such very new combinations.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 9/15/2011 6:46:31 PM

I'm bumping this thread, I want to see some more data.

rOm
#3 Posted : 9/15/2011 9:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read muscarine, a constituant of amanita msucaria generally considered as toxic is an acetylcholine promoter. Dosage should stay in the low range of amanitas muscaria high in muscarine as it might induce disconfort.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ouro
#4 Posted : 9/15/2011 10:17:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

eggs are full of choline. tasty too.

Phantastica
#5 Posted : 9/16/2011 2:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this here is an excellent article regarding acetylcholine: http://www.longecity.org...gic-mechanisms-of-alcar/

i know these two can be used to increase ACh levels: Acetyl L-Carnitine and Choline Bitartrate/ other choline forms. But make sure that its balanced, because too much ACh precursors, or ACh levels in the brain can give you a headache.

<3

justine
#6 Posted : 9/16/2011 4:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phantastica wrote:
this here is an excellent article regarding acetylcholine: http://www.longecity.org...gic-mechanisms-of-alcar/

i know these two can be used to increase ACh levels: Acetyl L-Carnitine and Choline Bitartrate/ other choline forms. But make sure that its balanced, because too much ACh precursors, or ACh levels in the brain can give you a headache.

Interesting! By the way, since nicotine binds to ACh receptors, wouldn't piracetam+choline help with tobacco withdrawal ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Dr Psychonaut
#7 Posted : 11/13/2011 2:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just reading the same book and came across this too. I've recently been using Galantamine and Choline supplements to induce lucid dreams and it works incredibly. The dreams it creates are different and more vivid feeling too. Anything that acts as a cholinergic is likely to have effects on dreaming and I'm particularly interested into combining galantamine with ketamine to induce a dissociative-induced lucid dream-like state . As yet I haven't found any potentially dangerous pharmacological interactions and it has been researched unofficially combining ketamine and LSD with galantamine as you say. Though the hallucinations produced are apparently far more concrete and if one head towards a negative trip it could be a very diffucult experience. If I do get the balls to trial it I'll definitely post my experience on here!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All events described in any posts by Dr Psychonaut are entirely fictitious and for educational purposes only.

Mindlusion
#8 Posted : 12/4/2011 2:15:18 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

psychedelics and dissociatives you say??

I also find this very interesting, will research, post more data if you can find it.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

The Day Tripper
#9 Posted : 12/4/2011 3:26:02 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Ever since i started taking noopept (superpotent racetam derivative related to piracetam, 1000x as effective), along with CDP choline and ACLAR, I've been able to recall and have several dreams per night. I've read lots of literature that theres a strong correlation between ach promoters and dreaming. Noopept, choline and alcar all work to boost ach levels in the brain among other things. Before i would dream maybe once or twice a week, and remember very little of them. Now i consistently have 3+ dreams per night, can remember much more about my dreams, and cannabis has less of a dream fogging affect (though still has that affect to a degree).

I've been taking this combo daily (25mg noopept, 250mg cdp choline, and 500mg alcar) and have noticed improvements in my memory, cognition, dream recall, etc. During this time I've also been experimenting with 4-aco, and some 25i nbome along with changa every now and then, and have noticed a slight potentiation of these compounds that i can only attribute to the racetam stack. This is a very interesting combo, and i would love for others taking racetams, choline, or alcar to chime in on their experience as to how it affects their dreaming.

This seems more useful as a dream promoting agent though, i can honestly say, I've dreamed more in the last two weeks than i have in the last 6 months. Seriously trippy dreams as well, i feel like if i cut out cannabis, and dedicated some time to really trying to become lucid, it would happen. As well, i suffer from chronic headaches, that i feel like have subsided to a degree in the last few weeks. I really love noopept, it makes me feel like i have unlimited mental energy, can multitask like a mofo, and have remembered things i thought i forgot.

Definitely something to check out (racetams and choline/alcar).

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

bodhi
#10 Posted : 12/4/2011 5:50:22 AM

it's just a dream

Another angle.

Huperzine

"reducing the activity of acetylcholinesterase, Huperzine A may help to reduce the breakdown of acetylcholine, keeping more of it in the blood"

Natural inexpensive too.

Aetherius Rimor
#11 Posted : 12/4/2011 1:59:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anecdotally: Appears to work.