We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options

Infundibulum
#81 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:08:32 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Great...!

Now we need to hear the bioassays!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#82 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM will get to it once xylene has been cleared..

SWIM DID try some slightly amber bufo last night..and it was sooo lovely...actually fell asleep to it..
it's a sound

amor_fati
#83 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:50:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

So since most of the impurities are left behind after the xylene phase, could one potentially just use FASA to render a nearly pure salt and then use simple dry techniques to end up with freebase crystals by acetone evaporation?

Though since the crystals formed in the xylene are apparently quite nice all on their own, maybe just waiting for the xylene to clear up, decanting, and then performing FASA crystallization within the xylene would be appropriate; to ensure a full retrieval of product.

Is it difficult to dry the crystals of xylene?

Jorkest
#84 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:57:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

this is a small sample of the bufo SWIM got with this method...the rest is still drying..but hes dying to try it..

YAY!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#85 Posted : 12/23/2008 8:14:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smoke is a bit harsh on the lungs..but it works!!
it's a sound

69ron
#86 Posted : 12/23/2008 8:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM noticed the crystals formed by using xylene were slightly yellowish. SWIM bioassayed it last night. He used the test tube method and vaporized 10 mg. Although the crystals are not colmpletely white, SWIM did not feel anything other that the effect of bufotenine. Here’s the trip report;
Quote:
T+00:00 - I place 10 mg of the slightly yellow powder into my test tube vaporizer. Using a flame as the heat source I heat it up, the powder melts and begins to boil. I inhale as much as I can. I wasn’t able to get the whole hit in one shot. It took 3 inhalations.

T+00:02 - I felt a tiny bit of tingling in the back of the head. Nothing else was felt.

T+00:03 – the visual effects were just starting. They quickly became very strong. Everything looked swirly. I could see swirly patterns all over my hands.

T+00:05 – the effects are now very strong. I’m seeing shapes forming all over the walls. I blink my eyes for a second. This causes multi-colored patterns to appear all over the room for a few seconds. I blink my eyes again, the same happens. I had not noticed this effect before. It was as if reality was being repainted each time I blink my eyes. I saw it start with reds and blues, and then the yellows would fill in. This would happen in about 1 second and then the whole room was back again.

T+00:08 – I’m hearing faint voices. It’s almost as if I’m hearing thoughts from another dimension.

T+00:10 – I close my eyes. Lots of geometric shapes are seen spinning and flying by, rapidly shifting, with an electric pulsating quality to them. These are the typical visual effects at this dose. I have no true visions, just a lot of fantastic rapidly transforming geometric shapes are seen this time.

T+00:15 – It’s already peaked. I’m feeling so relaxed. I head downstairs to go watch TV. I make some strong chocolate milk, this enhances the rest of the trip brining on lots of euphoria and pleasant bodily tingling sensations.

T+01:00 – With the effects still very noticeable, I go back upstairs and go to sleep.

That was the first time SWIM noticed the repainting of reality whenever be blinked his eyes. That 10mg seemed more potent than usual. SWIM is not sure why. Maybe he had some residual bufotenine in his test tube vaporizer?

Even though there was a small amount of brown material left behind, indicating the crystals were not 100% pure, there were absolutely no side effects felt at all. All SWIM felt was the effects of pure bufotenine. So even though this method doesn’t produce completely pure crystals, the impurities are negligible.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#87 Posted : 12/23/2008 8:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM noticed that there is a way to get complete white crystals with this method. If you submerged a piece of cold metal into the boiling xylene and remove it, it’s covered with pure white bufotenine crystals. This happens because the metal is cold. When the melted bufotenine touches in the metal, it cools down below it’s melting point, is no longer soluble in the xylene, and so it sticks to the metal. It’s sort of like a “cold finger” effect used during sublimation.

Does anyone have any idea on how to better utilize this effect? Could one put a cold finger directly in the boiling xylene? Would that crack the cold finger?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#88 Posted : 12/23/2008 8:57:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lorax wrote:
W.O.W. dude! just plain WOW! now SWIM doesn't have to go through getting MEK and stuff like that. Will this also work with acetone pulled impure bufotenine extract? Or does one really need to use DCM for pulling the basic extract?

As long as the bufotenine is freebase then it will precipitate out of the xylene once the xylene cools down. If the initial extract is not an A/B, there will be lots of fats present, but they should stay in the xylene after it cools down.

Give it a try and see what happens.

lorax wrote:
can toluene be used instead of xylene? has anyone tried this? if not.. SWIM had some bottles labeled wrong and got them mixed up. so by accident SWIM is now using toluene instead of xylene. he will tell if it works or not. has anyone else tested yet?

update: SWIM just put the dark impure extract into a beaker and filled it with 200ml of toluene. He heated the beaker until the toluene was in motion. He heated it for about 5 minutes and stirred while heating. The toluene turned a clear yellow color. It seems as if some of the amber stuff also gets dissolved in the toluene. He is now letting it cool to see if something will fall out. Maybe the amber stuff will be left behind in the toluene when cooling.

Any luck with the toluene? The xylene also became slightly yellowish, but the results were still fantastic. The slightly yellowish freebase bufotenine crystals produced no side effects at all. Hopefully the toluene is just as good.

69ron
#89 Posted : 12/23/2008 9:02:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
A question just popped in someone's mind:

Could the amber/brown/whatever crap that are contaminating bufotenine from Vilca seeds be coming from the seed husks?

That’s a good question. SWIM always grinds all of it, husks and all. It’s a lot of trouble to remove the husks.

Infundibulum wrote:
If yes, the seeds can be peeled off prior to extraction. It can be a pain in the arse but definitely less of a pain if it helps to get a purer product.

Has anyone tried peeled versus non-peeled seeds?

Toasting (or soaking in water) can make peeling an easier task

SWIM found that soaking in a little water overnight works very well. The husks slide right off. But it's a pain to de-husk 100 grams of seeds for each extraction process.

I would really like to know exactly what this toxin is. Some seeds contain tons of it.

psychonaut
#90 Posted : 12/23/2008 9:04:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:
A question just popped in someone's mind:

Could the amber/brown/whatever crap that are contaminating bufotenine from Vilca seeds be coming from the seed husks?

That’s a good question. SWIM always grinds all of it, husks and all. It’s a lot of trouble to remove the husks.

Infundibulum wrote:
If yes, the seeds can be peeled off prior to extraction. It can be a pain in the arse but definitely less of a pain if it helps to get a purer product.

Has anyone tried peeled versus non-peeled seeds?

Toasting (or soaking in water) can make peeling an easier task

SWIM found that soaking in a little water overnight works very well. The husks slide right off. But it's a pain to de-husk 100 grams of seeds for each extraction process.

I would really like to know exactly what this toxin is. Some seeds contain tons of it.

I wonder what an extraction on only seed husks would come out with, would defiantly answer some questions.

69ron
#91 Posted : 12/23/2008 9:19:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
So since most of the impurities are left behind after the xylene phase, could one potentially just use FASA to render a nearly pure salt and then use simple dry techniques to end up with freebase crystals by acetone evaporation?

Though since the crystals formed in the xylene are apparently quite nice all on their own, maybe just waiting for the xylene to clear up, decanting, and then performing FASA crystallization within the xylene would be appropriate; to ensure a full retrieval of product.?

The solubility of bufotenine in room temperature xylene is extremely small. After several hours in the room xylene SWIM could not see any of the bufotenine dissolve. This is why SWIM always though that bufotenine was insoluble in xylene.

It’s the boiling of xylene that dramatically changes the solubility of bufotenine in it. The reason is that xylene boils at a temperature that is just a few degrees hotter than the melting point of bufotenine. When a chemical melts, its solubility often sky rockets, becoming soluble in things it was previously insoluble in. This happens with bufotenine in boiling xylene. Boiling xylene contains melted bufotenine, while room temperature xylene contains non-melted bufotenine. It’s this difference in psychical states that dramatically changes the solubility of bufotenine in xylene. This will no apply to most other solvents.

SWIM hasn’t calculated the solubility of bufotenine in room temperature xylene YET, but it’s solubility in boiling xylene was tested by SWIM and found to be 1.5 g/100 ml of boiling xylene. I’m guessing that the solubility at room temperature will be something 0.001 g/100 ml. SWIM will test this and see what it really is. He’s super curious if his guess is at all accurate.

amor_fati wrote:
Is it difficult to dry the crystals of xylene

No, not at all. The crystals can be dried completely at 100 C in about 30 minutes or so. It’s because non-melted bufotenine is pretty much insoluble in xylene, so it doesn’t cling to it.

69ron
#92 Posted : 12/23/2008 9:22:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
could you do this xylene trick..and then recrystallize in MEK:heptane?!?

Yes. That produces really beautiful clear crystals.

Jorkest
#93 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:15:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wowo the MEK:heptane mix really takes out a LOT of black nasty crap!
it's a sound

69ron
#94 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest, SWIM didn't notice that.

So you mean after the xylene crystallization, then it was dissolved in the MEK:heptane mix, and some black material didn't dissolve?

69ron
#95 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:26:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just tested the solubility of bufotenine in acetone. It was found to be 5 g/100 ml at 20 C.

Much to SWIM's surprise, pure bufotenine actually crystallizes in acetone. SWIM tried before with impure bufotenine, and could never get it to crystallize in acetone. The crystals are smaller than the ones produced in the MEK:haptane mix, but they look almost exactly the same, but denser. They are very beautiful.

Jorkest
#96 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:35:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yea..after the xylene boil..he did a mek:heptane wash and got rid of a bunch of nasty stuff
it's a sound

Jorkest
#97 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:48:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

instead of letting crystals form in the MEK:heptane he just evapped it all...leaving behind a very sticky goo..which he scooped up and put on a piece of glass..

he then got a razor blade and spread it out over and over again..he has found that this technique dries the toughest of goos...so after he spread it over and over again..it started to dry..and now he has a very fine slightly tan powder...its MUCH cleaner looking than the previous xylene boil..and its VERY DRY...

the MEK:heptane wash removed a lot of nasty black stuff..it was really gross..and when he smoked it before it was extremely harsh on the lungs and didnt produce quite the effects that he was expecting..so it was quite nice to wash it again with the MEK:heptane and see all the nasties come out...

the powder has a consistency of DMT fumarate..making it seems almost salt like..very dry and looks pretty damn clean
it's a sound

Jorkest
#98 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:49:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when you tried to crystallize in acetone..how did you do it? did you just let it evaporate down?
it's a sound

Jorkest
#99 Posted : 12/24/2008 12:08:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

after MEK:heptane wash

left overs of MEK:heptane wash

this was all after the xylene boil
it's a sound

69ron
#100 Posted : 12/24/2008 12:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
when you tried to crystallize in acetone..how did you do it? did you just let it evaporate down?

SWIM dissolved 100 mg of freebase bufotenine in 2 ml of acetone (the minimum required to dissolve it) at room temperature. He then evaporated it down to 1 ml using a little heat (about 40 C). Then he left the rest to evaporate at room temperature. It only took a few hours to get crystals from it. Note that this never worked with impure bufotenine. He needed 90%+ purity for this to work.

«PREV34567NEXT»