We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options

Jorkest
#61 Posted : 12/22/2008 9:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

he has no idea...he had to take a break from the bufo extraction for a second..the acetone fumes were starting to get to himPleased
it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#62 Posted : 12/22/2008 9:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so SWIM just had a great idea...

so you drop the bufo*crap out with FASA after the acetone pull..then wash with acetone..then freebase it..then pull with the MEK:heptane..then FASA it again..then wash with MEK..this leaves out tons of evaporating..which sucks..and it should purify it quite a bit...then once you get your last FASA..you can hold onto it until you have pulled out all the bufo...you will have lots of it to work with..and it should be fairly pure

so

1. pull with acetone
2. drop with FASA
3. wash with acetone
4. freebase
5. pull with MEK:heptane
6. drop again with FASA
7. wash with MEK or acetone..or both!
8. save all the FASA until the end...and then figure out how to purify it further
it's a sound

Jorkest
#63 Posted : 12/22/2008 10:35:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you should also be able to reuse your acetone at the beginning..because if you do it just right..there shouldnt be any fumaric acid left over
it's a sound

Nanaki
#64 Posted : 12/22/2008 10:55:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does bufotenine need an MAOI or RIMA to make it orally active? If so, has anyone tried it with THH? Since one is clear headed already from what SWIM has read, it would be interesting. SWIM might have to give this extraction a go later, if he can find some of the seeds at a decent price.
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

69ron
#65 Posted : 12/23/2008 12:59:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufotenine is active orally without an MAOI and twice as active with one. You need about 50-100 mg to feel it on it’s own. It's different orally. So far SWIM has mostly gotten that tryptamine body high from it, and little else. It sort of reminds SWIM of the body high you get from HBWR seeds. Also, it bothers SWIM stomach. Maybe because his bufotenine is not 99% pure. It could be the impurities bothering SWIM's stomach, he's not sure. But 500 mg of ginger root effectively clears up the stomach issue for SWIM. It’s quite euphoric, especially if you add kola nut to the experience.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#66 Posted : 12/23/2008 2:28:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

do you have to use water to freebase it..or can you use acetone? say instead of adding water..add acetone to freebase...i mean...SWIM converts it to a salt with in acetone..would this work at all?
it's a sound

Jorkest
#67 Posted : 12/23/2008 6:34:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well SWIM got his first decent taste of bufotenine..and would like to thank everyone for the help getting here..granted hes not quite done his extraction yet..and has a few steps to go..but he got enough to try it out..and HIGH FIVE! wonderful visuals..nice body high..and his head is completely clear...wonderful!
it's a sound

69ron
#68 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:50:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HIGH FIVE INDEED!!!!!

Congratulations!

Now you see why SWIM’s been trying so hard to get bufotenine purified. The pure stuff is AWESOME!

Dude…SWIM found a new way to crystallize bufotenine that works really well and uses only 1 solvent. Unfortunately, it’s the one solvent SWIM hates: XYLENE. God awful smelling stuff. However bufotenine crystallizes really easily in xylene. Here’s how you do it:

Take your sticky crappy freebase extract (from an A/B extraction using DCM), pour xylene on it. Nothing should dissolve. Now, bring it to a very light boil and mix a little. Very lightly boil it for about 5 minutes. There will be dark brown crap at the bottom of the beaker, and the xylene will look pretty clear. While very hot pour the xylene into another beaker being careful only to pour the clear portion leaving all the dark brown material behind. When the xylene cools down it starts looking cloudy. Let it sit for a few hours or until it looks completely clear. You’ll see little tiny cauliflower shaped crystals on the sides and bottom of the beaker. They are very tiny. These are freebase bufotenine crystals! Pour off the xylene, and dry at 100 C until the smell of the xylene is gone. The xylene can be re-used to extract more bufotenine from the impure extract.

Apparently bufotenine is insoluble in room temperature xylene. The amber/brown toxins are also insoluble in xylene. But when you boil xylene it gets slightly hotter than the melting point of bufotenine, and that makes the bufotenine extremely soluble in the xylene (about 1566 mg per 100 ml of boiling xylene). The toxins however remain insoluble in the xylene, even while boiling hot. When the xylene cools below the melting point of the bufotenine, bufotenine starts dropping out of solution quickly. This is why the crystals that form are so small.

Xylene is fairly easy for most people to get. It’s sold at many hardware stores. The crystallization process is so simple anyone can do it. Xylene used this way works better than the 40:60 mix of MEK and heptane. However, the crystals produced in the 40:60 mix of MEK and heptane mix are much larger and far more beautiful, but there’s also a little more amber contamination, and it doesn’t pull as much bufotenine. The boiling xylene pulls more bufotenine and far less of the amber toxic junk.

SWIM is still working to get a tech together that’s really easy that ends up with pure crystals. Xylene seems to be an easy to get solvent, and it’s pretty cheap.

SWIM is going to look at possible ways of utilizing xylene in a simple kitchen style Yopo extraction tech.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#69 Posted : 12/23/2008 11:20:41 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM's FOAF ejaculated after reading this post. That is some breakthrough!

It sounds foolproof and very easy to do.

Thanks!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

lorax
#70 Posted : 12/23/2008 12:02:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

W.O.W. dude! just plain WOW! now SWIM doesn't have to go through getting MEK and stuff like that. Will this also work with acetone pulled impure bufotenine extract? Or does one really need to use DCM for pulling the basic extract?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#71 Posted : 12/23/2008 3:52:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can toluene be used instead of xylene? has anyone tried this? if not.. SWIM had some bottles labeled wrong and got them mixed up. so by accident SWIM is now using toluene instead of xylene. he will tell if it works or not. has anyone else tested yet?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#72 Posted : 12/23/2008 4:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

update: SWIM just put the dark impure extract into a beaker and filled it with 200ml of toluene. He heated the beaker until the toluene was in motion. He heated it for about 5 minutes and stirred while heating. The toluene turned a clear yellow color. It seems as if some of the amber stuff also gets dissolved in the toluene. He is now letting it cool to see if something will fall out. Maybe the amber stuff will be left behind in the toluene when cooling.

Infundibulum
#73 Posted : 12/23/2008 4:28:14 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

A question just popped in someone's mind:

Could the amber/brown/whatever crap that are contaminating bufotenine from Vilca seeds be coming from the seed husks?

If yes, the seeds can be peeled off prior to extraction. It can be a pain in the arse but definitely less of a pain if it helps to get a purer product.

Has anyone tried peeled versus non-peeled seeds?

Toasting (or soaking in water) can make peeling an easier task

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#74 Posted : 12/23/2008 4:54:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WONDERFUL 69Ron!!! SWIM just so happens to have quite a bit of xylene!! FUCK YEA!

this is so damn exciting i cant even handle it!! just from that little taste last night SWIM is in love. its the parts of dmt he likes..without the mind-fuck. And its so much more potent(and the seeds too!)

this forum has come a long way in the short time that i have been a part of it..im excited to see where it will continue to go.

congrats everyone! a new era of dmt-ish extraction...safer chemicals...better yields..and better quality. what more could you ask for?

SWIM is gonna freebase his bufotenine fumarate hes been extracting and try this xylene boil. will come back with some pictures if things turn out sweet.

thanks all!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#75 Posted : 12/23/2008 5:05:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could you do this xylene trick..and then recrystallize in MEK:heptane?!?
it's a sound

Jorkest
#76 Posted : 12/23/2008 5:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could you possibly freebase the fumaric salts...and then just add xylene on top of that! without seperating the freebase from the calcium hydroxide and water used for freebasing..that would save a nice little step
it's a sound

Jorkest
#77 Posted : 12/23/2008 5:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you could also put this in the freezer???
it's a sound

Jorkest
#78 Posted : 12/23/2008 5:54:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok...so SWIM freebased his bufo fumarate(6g) with calcium hydroxide and some water and he did NOT dry it..he then added 300ml xylene...brought it to a boil for about 5 minutes..give or take...poured it into a clean beaker and then put in freezer...can already see precipitation...a nice white cloud at the bottom of the jar..DING!! will report back once xylene is poured off
it's a sound

Jorkest
#79 Posted : 12/23/2008 5:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

he actually put it in the snow..figured it would work faster...hes not TOO interested in big crystal formations..because as long as they are pure and white..good enough for now!!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#80 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can see nice white crystals forming on the side..the xylene is still cloudy..he took it out of the freezer because it didnt seem to be speeding up the process TOO much..this is so exciting..

this is how he got here

1. pulled with acetone
2. dropped with FASA and then washed with clean acetone
3. freebased with calcium hydroxide
4. did NOT dry it(could cause oxidation)
5. added xylene
6. brought to a light boil for 5 minutes..xylene picking up a SLIGHT amber color
7. poured off xylene and put in freezer to cool off faster
8. took it out of the freezer cause it wasnt working that much faster
9. can see white crystals

this was so easy and it wasnt hard at all..only ONE FASA..no other defatting
it's a sound

«PREV23456NEXT»