We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My first lucid dream Options

PrimateSphinx
#1 Posted : 11/29/2011 9:36:30 PM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

So I had my first real lucid dream today. I mean I had made the distinction before that I have been in a dream but I always wake up right after I do so, this was different. I was in my ex-stepdad's house and it was a nice summer day. I walked down the stairs into the basement to inspect a paint job (i had been painting that house recently) and realized that something was reaaaaally wrong with the paint. I walked into another room and the paint was the same in that room. At this point i said to myself "hey I'm dreaming" and immediately the colors started to run together and fade away. I then remembered a tip I had learned from lucidipedia that said if you rub your fingers together when things start to fade this sensory input will sharpen everything and bring the dream back, and sure enough it did just that. I now walked back down the hall which corrected itself from what it had been and rebuilt itself correctly from my memory which was really cool. I then walked up the stairs and outside and decided it was time to learn to fly. I went outside and immediately jumped into the air and started to float. I floated over a house on the other side of the street and began running and levitating myself from house to house, which was a lot harder than I expected and I had a really hard time not flying clumsily and directing myself was hard also. I went about a block down the street on top of houses and when I was a few houses down the next block I decided I would go check out my old house which was just a few blocks away (it was crazy how exact all the houses were from my memory). When i did this gravity got all screwed up and it was very hard to direct my flying(more so than before). Right as this problem happen the "Everyone knows, fun rules" guy from waking life showed up and told me I should try flying in superman position, which honestly wasn't any easier. After floating around a house for a while and trying to direct myself around it by holding onto the gutters (I now know how astronauts feel with having to deal with zero gravity) i decided I would try walking since I was in my old neighborhood and knew exactly where I was. When I managed to make it to the ground my legs became ridiculously heavy and it took a huge amount of effort just to move them, also it felt like gravity was pulling me sideways. After taking a few steps I woke up. This dream has me really excited to start getting lucid dreaming down now that I have a way to hold on to the dream. Any tips out there on how to fly better? Or maybe just how to control the dream environment better? I know if I keep practicing it will be easy but I want to learn fast. Thoughts?
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/29/2011 9:59:14 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Nice work! Lucid dreaming is so amazing..the possibilities with it are endless

Whenever i'm having trouble flying/creating/doing things its usually because i'm exerting too much sloppy effort and over think it. A coherent and relaxed mind state helps, maybe try meditating for a bit and slowing your breathing next time you become lucid before trying anything. i guess I sort of have to have a relaxed focus without asserting to much analytical thought or control. An example is how when i'm alone in a sort of egoless state of childish wonder i can work miracles and fly or do anything, but sometimes when i try to show people my abilities in a dream i suddenly can't do it anymore because it then becomes a more ego driven thing and i try too hard, and am more likely to doubt myself.

simply doubting yourself can be enough to backfire any effort at flying..if you have no doubt in your mind that you can fly or create things then chances are you will do it without any problems. remember, there are no physical laws in dreamland, so the physical aspects of your flying technique don't matter. the only limitations are those imposed by your own mind..Sometimes though i've found that i just can't control it and have to go with the flow of the dream

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Dreamwalker
#3 Posted : 11/29/2011 10:16:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the world of Lucid dreams!

They truly are amazing aren't they? Keep looking for that special clue in a dream in which you can tell yourself "I must be dreaming." That's when you will wake up inside your dream!

Every lucid dream I've had to date I always get my flyin' on... just like you! It's such an amazing feeling to fly around weightless like a superhero. It's a skill you get better at over time.

Universecannon is right, there are no physical laws in dreamland. Just like you became aware that you are dreaming you can then remind yourself that the possibilities are limitless!

Keep on dreaming...

Infectedstyle
#4 Posted : 11/29/2011 11:00:34 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Great dream. Smile It's awkward to fly for the first time. I also flew into buildings and such and had a really hard time. It took me some months to figure it out actually.I used to gather speed by running and then fall flat on my face. The tip that worked me is instead of trying to lift off and overcome gravity, just remind urself there is no gravity and float as you will. I recommend doing superman-style flying like neo in the matrix. You can just whoosh at lightspeed wherever you want to go. It's very exhilarating to feel strong winds in ur face while watching the landscapes rushing by.

Cool stuff, good luck in future lucid dreams. Maybe watch star wars and learn from the jedi masters on how to control the force. Very happy

PrimateSphinx
#5 Posted : 11/29/2011 11:14:14 PM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

Infectedstyle wrote:
Maybe watch star wars and learn from the jedi masters on how to control the force. Very happy
been doing that all my life man Pleased
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

smokerx
#6 Posted : 11/30/2011 10:44:09 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

So nice reading , thank you for that. I wish I could do that as well. I do fly in my dreams and its not bad at all Smile but I never realize that I am in the dream. It is so hard to do that.

What would be your advise ? How should I master it ?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

SpartanII
#7 Posted : 12/1/2011 10:41:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good advice here!

I would add that, according to some schools of thought, if one doesn't have enough energy, it is much more difficult to maintain control during a LD. The type of energy is sexual/emotional energy, so if you drain yourself of it during the day before your LD through anger/fear/anxiety, or through orgasm (especially for guys) you won't have enough energy to maintain control when lucid dreaming that night.

nexalizer
#8 Posted : 12/1/2011 7:16:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there anything you guys learn from LDs, or is just good fun?

Totally unrelated, is there any time distortion?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Hyperspace Fool
#9 Posted : 12/1/2011 8:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Nice work! Lucid dreaming is so amazing..the possibilities with it are endless

Whenever i'm having trouble flying/creating/doing things its usually because i'm exerting too much sloppy effort and over think it. A coherent and relaxed mind state helps, maybe try meditating for a bit and slowing your breathing next time you become lucid before trying anything. i guess I sort of have to have a relaxed focus without asserting to much analytical thought or control. An example is how when i'm alone in a sort of egoless state of childish wonder i can work miracles and fly or do anything, but sometimes when i try to show people my abilities in a dream i suddenly can't do it anymore because it then becomes a more ego driven thing and i try too hard, and am more likely to doubt myself.

simply doubting yourself can be enough to backfire any effort at flying..if you have no doubt in your mind that you can fly or create things then chances are you will do it without any problems. remember, there are no physical laws in dreamland, so the physical aspects of your flying technique don't matter. the only limitations are those imposed by your own mind..Sometimes though i've found that i just can't control it and have to go with the flow of the dream

Basically what universecannon is saying.

I find that you can focus your intent better if you clearly command it with your thoughts... or even verbally. UC is absolutely correct with his "sloppy effort" comment. I used to strain with my mind to force things to happen. Flying, levitating objects, transformations and the like. And while an increased mental strain did have some results, when I stopped straining and simply clarified my intent, it worked FAR better.

Rubbing your fingers, looking at the palms of your hand, and spinning in circles all work to stabilize a dream. But so does simply commanding the dream to stabilize. You can also turn up the color, increase the contrast and sharpness... It is pretty f*ckin' cool actually. Just try saying "sharpen" in a commanding tone next time...

Pointing at objects or snapping fingers can add a bit of umpfh to your intention if done with confidence.

In the end, you simply have to train your intent, your focus, your willpower, and your awareness. They are actual attributes of your mind. If you train them in LDing, you can benefit from their increased strength when you are tripping, meditating, or simply thinking about a problem later on.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lucid Dreaming comrade. May your oneirological journeys be vast and inspirational.

(note to nexalizer.... there are amazing and incomparable things to be learned while LDing. Too many to get into hear. Search the forum for lucid dream and you will find a ton of threads, on some of them I have already written extensively about what can be learned. Time dilation is one of the best parts. Live a whole day in a matter of seconds... oh yeah!)
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha