We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Interconnecting filaments between galaxies discoverd Options

Kazoo...
#1 Posted : 11/20/2011 12:37:04 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Quote:
In findings published in the October Astrophysical Journal, the researchers discovered proof of a vast filament of material that connects our Milky Way galaxy to nearby clusters of galaxies, which are similarly interconnected to the rest of the Universe.

I cant find the original article maybe someone else can, but here is the link to a summery article from abc.net site and another link to "cosmic thread that binds us article from physorg.com"
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/20/2011 2:08:09 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

the universe/dark matter/mycelium/neural net archetype just got a bit more interesting
excellent

thanks for the info kazoo

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

onethousandk
#3 Posted : 11/20/2011 3:32:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like there's a scientific breakthrough right around the corner. Hopefully I'll be here to see it. Thanks for sharing.

Ljosalfar
#4 Posted : 11/20/2011 9:31:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool!
The original press-release of this from the Australian National University is here:

http://news.anu.edu.au/?p=11391

and the ArXiv abstract, with links to the full paper, of Keller's research is here (heavy cosmology, over my head...):

http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.4414

enjoy,
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

The Chr0nn01553ur
#5 Posted : 11/22/2011 12:43:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
the universe/dark matter/mycelium/neural net archetype just got a bit more interesting
excellent

Could you please elaborate?
Life is art.

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream... Merrily merrily merrily merrily...............

NOTE: 'The Chr0nn01553ur' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE DMT-NEXUS.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

PrimateSphinx
#6 Posted : 11/23/2011 9:53:08 PM

The Rhythmic Dúnedain

awesome stuff, puts the "uni" in universe, but where exactly is the "multi" in multiverse? anyway is this finding anyway related to string theory? I have an extremely base understanding of string theory and every time I try to expand my knowledge of it my head tends to explode, but this sounds like my understanding of string theory in that there are subatomic "strings" that connect the universe and whatnot. Please tell me if I'm wrong because I have some sneaking suspicion that i am.
What are we but stupefied dancers to a discordant stystem, we believe - so we're mislead
we assume - so we're played
we confide - so we're deceived
we trust - so we're betrayed

bransondude
#7 Posted : 11/28/2011 8:46:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the similarity of this to how cells connect, especially in the brain, reminds me of the alchemical saying "as above, so below"

universecannon
#8 Posted : 11/28/2011 10:57:08 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

The Chr0nn01553ur wrote:
universecannon wrote:
excellent

Could you please elaborate?

The basic structure of each share many similarities. like brandonsdude said: as above, so below

Check out the Ted talk called 6 ways mushrooms can save the world, by Paul Staments. He talks about stuff mentioned in his book Mycelium Running..although, i've heard a bunch of other people talk about it to.. So a google search would probably have a lot of info you'd find interesting :]

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"