We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this canary reed grass? (PIC) Options

Biskotso
#1 Posted : 11/27/2011 1:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought the seed from a reputable ethnobotanical supplier but it looks like normal grass to me. What do you think?

X
May all the beings in all the worlds be happy and at peace.
All information sought on this website is on behalf of a friend. The use of "I" is only to enable ease of communication.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 11/27/2011 3:03:20 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

It is kinda hard to tell, you said you bought it from a supplier, then idk why it wouldn't be, now is it canary reed grass or reed canary grass, idk if those are to diff species.

I guess you could wait till it flowers will be a little easier identifying.

Description

The stems can reach 2.5 m in height. The leaf blades are blue-green when fresh and straw-colored when dry. The flowers are borne on the stem high above the leaves and are pinkish at full bloom.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Dozuki
#3 Posted : 11/27/2011 3:03:46 PM

Faustian Phytochem Investigator

Chemical expertSenior Member

Phalaris pretty much looks like most other grasses. You can look for a ligule and horizontal veins in the leaf sheath and having both of those is a good indicator of Phalaris arundinacea. To be absolutely certain, you have to wait till it flowers. Saying that you got it from a reputable supplier, then I would image that it is RCG.

-D.

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/27/2011 6:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

looks like phalaris to me.
Long live the unwoke.