We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What to Do With Aya Sediment Options

mapp
#1 Posted : 5/22/2011 3:07:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, Swim has some remaining thick sticky sediment sludge left over in his jars from his last aya brew. He's never had this much sediment leftover before, so that it is a layer of aya sludge. It's black, thick, and stuck to the bottom of the jar(s). Did most/a lot/a good enough fraction of the actives in the tea turn into this sediment sludge Swim wonders? His jars have been in the refrigerator for probably 4 months as the liquidity tea portion was already used so he's just been wondering what to do with the sludge or how it would be administered. Swims not sure whether it would best to mix it a smoothie if it's even a good enough dose, or if this thick sludgy sediment can be dealt with another way. Swim doesn't have a real good of feeling about (ingesting) it esp. as is, so he just thought he ask Smile .

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/22/2011 3:24:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

rebrew it, then filter etc and add to the rest of the origional brew, your next brew, or keep it for microdosing.
Long live the unwoke.

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 5/22/2011 5:15:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

i would add h20 bring to a low boil and do and egg white tannin binding to the re-constituted tea. there most certainly are many actives in the sediment. theres also all the tannins so if you get rid of those you should have a pleasant drink there.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

mapp
#4 Posted : 5/22/2011 5:36:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay, awesome, thanks for the responses! SWIM's happy he can at least use the sludge, it seems to be doing fine thus far stored refridgerated Laughing.

jaguar
#5 Posted : 6/9/2011 10:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just dry the sediment and put it into gel capsules!

A OO one, about 500mg can have an effect. Not a psychedelic one, but it can create really meaningful and impressive dreams when taken before bed. And it's of course a nice idea for microdosing and use as an antidepressant. However, when there was light in the brew before, better not take it before driving, because you may always experience light psychedelic effects even with 500 mg of sediment. It must be noted however that this is not 500 mg "extract" - it is just sediment which still has some actives on it. But it is way too good to simply throw it away.

soulfood
#6 Posted : 6/10/2011 12:57:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Add to changa?

rahlii
#7 Posted : 6/10/2011 1:51:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's what I usually do. After brewing lets say 7 doses and reducing down to 700ml, place in a jar in the fridge over night. The next morning decant the aya and mix 400ml of water and a touch your choice of acidifier to the sediment. simmer for around half hour then set in the fridge over night again. Add the strong and weak brews in a pot and reduce down to 700ml. Discard the sediment. Before consuming the brew be sure to mix well to include the remaining sediment.

Before starting to use this method I have dried the sediment and then soaked with IPA to be included in changa mixes. Makes for a harsh smoke but with strong effects.
From where is the noise?

ms_manic_minxx
#8 Posted : 6/18/2011 7:52:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Add water and rebrew... definitely active!

I wouldn't necessarily ingest via gelcap, though, unless you're looking for purgahuasca.

I once knew some crazy )@#($*#@()% who liked to eat the sediment with a spoon... Shocked
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jaguar
#9 Posted : 7/5/2011 9:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Add water and rebrew... definitely active!
I wouldn't necessarily ingest via gelcap, though, unless you're looking for purgahuasca.

Nausea was never a problem when using only 500 mg of it in a gel capsule. This small dose however already altered perception in a way. No typical visions, but definitely some more "brightness" or a somewhat "sharpened" vision. Hard to describe but not too hard to notice.

There was black caapi, chacruna, chaliponga, very small traces of mapacho and some catuaba root in the original brew.

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 7/6/2011 8:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was the brew light-heavy? Only because brightness and sharpness sound more like the effects of tryptamines, than harmalas...

But interesting, nonetheless, because the DMT wouldn't be noticeable without a sufficent dose of Caapi. Smile

I figured out about rebrewing the sediment the hard way because one time, when I cooked two kilos, the tea became a thick syrup. I waited a day or two for it to decant, and all but a thin layer of liquid was in the jar, with inches of sediment. I basically figured, no way did I boil two kilos down to an ounce! :evil: Reconstituting with some water and re-reducing yielded a normal brew.

Knowing that sediment of SOME quantity drops out, I experimented with the sediment from following brews, and it has always been quite potent. Smile

Happy tea-drinking. Very happy

jaguar
#11 Posted : 7/14/2011 11:17:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Was the brew light-heavy? Only because brightness and sharpness sound more like the effects of tryptamines, than harmalas...

You are absolutely right, that was a more "light-packed" brew, a lot of chaliponga in it (and chacruna as well). In fact, it was never really used alone, since one suspected that there was not enough maoi activity compared to the dose of light in it. So it was used by starting with Maya's peruvian caapi brew (5:1) first or with another peruvian brew from a shaman which had not enough light in it.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

But interesting, nonetheless, because the DMT wouldn't be noticeable without a sufficent dose of Caapi. Smile

Yeah, that is a bit weird. But my theory is that the other ingredients, especially the nicotine or maybe the catuaba could somehow have created some synergistic effect. Not to make DMT active, but to cause those visual or perceptual effects which were noticed.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

Knowing that sediment of SOME quantity drops out, I experimented with the sediment from following brews, and it has always been quite potent. Smile

You know, someone once told me that he had used the sediment from a very strong brew, brewed in the amazon, SUBLINGUALLY! (<-- now that's hardcore, isn't it). He said that the effects were similar to smoked spice. Well, if you can stand the taste for 10+ minutes Smile

jamie
#12 Posted : 7/14/2011 11:44:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Now I rebrew our sediments into weeker brews of caapi leaf, with a touch of chalipong and mimosa..the sediments from a kilo brewed into those leaf and light brews makes a nice brew that minxx and I use for daily microdoses, or for lighter medative doses..or I drink a shot of it before I smoke often.
Long live the unwoke.

ms_manic_minxx
#13 Posted : 7/15/2011 12:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
You know, someone once told me that he had used the sediment from a very strong brew, brewed in the amazon, SUBLINGUALLY!

I would probably grow hair on my chest. Shocked Very happy

humblebee
#14 Posted : 7/20/2011 7:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have sludge left over too caapi and MHRB. There is the wet powder and the real sticky slimy stuff from MHRB. I've been wondering how to use it. I was thinking the slimy MHRB stuff I would dry out and try to smoke. And the wet powdery dry out and use in next brew.l
Upon return from hyperspace-"Wow I have a body with arms and legs and everything!"

btw-It's all true!

ms_manic_minxx
#15 Posted : 7/21/2011 5:14:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would advise against orally ingesting the sludge from Mimosa (it's good to let it drop out, so the brew is less nauseating).

Also, would there really be a lot of DMT left in Mimosa sludge? It would have to be freebased to be smoked, so you'd still have to extract it.

bindu
#16 Posted : 7/21/2011 1:17:01 PM

dry it quickly, in a food dehydrator or oven at 60C

my attempt to dry the sediment slowly resulted in hairy white mycelium forming on it.
blessed be all forms of intelligence

great_blue
#17 Posted : 11/23/2011 6:23:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bindu wrote:
dry it quickly, in a food dehydrator or oven at 60C

my attempt to dry the sediment slowly resulted in hairy white mycelium forming on it.

I think that "mycelium" you may be referring to is just white mold lol. Unless some viable mushroom spores got in there and germinated, which is most unlikely lol. Not a very good food source..
All posts by great_blue are fictitious in nature and for entertainment purposes only. In no way does the author condone or support illegal activity in any way shape or form, anytime or anywhere. If it's illegal, don't do it!

Ez
#18 Posted : 11/24/2011 2:49:25 AM

"Love is the medicine."

I use powdered root bark for my brews and get lots of that sludge. If I can decant it, I will put it back into the next boil. Lately, I have found myself shaking it up or stirring it really well before I drink it, so as to get all the good stuff. A while back I made a brew for 2 and had poured on into a jar and left the other one sit. When it came time to drink, my friend who ingested the brew from the jar barely got off, while I was shot off into an extremely bizarre and intense journey. Perhaps it just wasn't his time, but I got the feeling that the sludge in my drink is what made the one I took so much more potent.
(¯`'·.¸(โ™ฅ)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!