We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Spice Device (My New DMT Pipe) [VID] Options

BiNz
#1 Posted : 12/21/2008 2:35:00 AM

Phil

The Spice Device!
I created this device out of the need for an efficient, easy and disposable way to smoke Spice. I have never used 'The Machine' but i'm pretty sure this bitchin' Spice Device is just as good, if not better.

Materials Used
1 Base Pipe
1 Plastic Poland Spring Water Bottle (20fl oz)
A Little Bit of Duct Tape

How did i make it?
Step 1: Use lighter & Sharp knife to melt/cut a hole in the plastic cap. Create a hole big enough for the Base pipe to fit in.
Step 2: Place Duct Tape around the hole of pipe and cap to create an airtight seal.
Step 3: Screw Pipe onto the water bottle. (Make sure the carb is facing down)
Step 4: Cut a hole in the side of the tail end of the water bottle.

How do I use it?
Step 1: Load Spice through the carb hole
Step 2: Shake Spice so it gathers on end of the bulb and near the carb hole.
Step 3: Hold flame under the bulb to vaporize the spice. Move the flame directly past the carb hole to force the spice vapors down the pipe and into the water bottle. Repeat as necessary.
Step 4: Stop lighting when there are little to no vapors being produced.
Step 5: Inhale all the vapors at once.

*Note: The placement of the Carb and Sucking hole is important. The carb should be facing down - holding the flame under the carb will push the vapors into the bottle to be collected. The sucking hole is conveniently placed on the side for easy inhalation.*

Also, make sure the inhalation hole is not blocked during lighting, otherwise the vapors will not move into the bottle.

Download the video

And now for some pictures:

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

LiquidxTrance
#2 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:40:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How do you keep the oil from dripping out of the carb when it liquidizes?

Edit: Just watched the video, is the hole pointing up in the video? Never seen vapor condense so thickly, thats neat. Surprised

BiNz
#3 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:44:31 AM

Phil

I think it doesn't drip because of the small ring around the hole - You can see it in the 2nd to last picture. It's really just a raised inside edge from when the glass blower poked the hole.

Or maybe it just vaporizes too quickly to drip out. It may even be a combination of the two, but i have never had any problems with it dripping out.

xantus
#4 Posted : 12/21/2008 9:07:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

was I the only one who got a little anxious watching that much vapor collecting?

looks pretty foolproof...you can concentrate on the lighting, and then the breathing..without having to do both at the same time...

but seems like a bottle that size might be hard to draw all the vapor from??

Darkbb
#5 Posted : 12/21/2008 2:49:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sweet how the vapor just falls instead of filling the whole volume like say the green would.

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice video, however I see two possible issues :
- a so thick and dense smoke can be very harsh on the throat
- The total air volume seems quite big to inhale for normal lungs, leading possible waste of smoke.

While inhaling the smoke directly allow the user to adjust the smoke density and there is no need to heat the spice when the lungs are full. Just the 2cents of a friend who switched back from a big lightbulb to a small vial for that reasons.

BiNz
#7 Posted : 12/21/2008 6:49:09 PM

Phil

@xantus:
Thats one thing i enjoy about the device, you get to concentrate on doing the events one-by-one. After you have all the smoke in the chamber, relax, exhale, and take a deep breath. The effects hit within seconds.

The smoke is more concentrated and hits the lungs at the same time, so i would think the come up might be stronger, versus a more gradual inhale/come up?

@Garulfo & @xantus:
One full inhale gets all the smoke and then some.

"The average pair of human lungs can hold about 6 liters of air" >> Wiki - Lung Volumes
The bottle holds 591ml, which is approx 0.6 liters & the smoke fills only half the bottle. Still think the volume is too large to inhale for normal lungs? I have never experienced any wasted product from this method.

@Garulfo:
With smoking anything there is going to be a level of harshness, especially for a nonsmoker like myself. But with relatively clean spice it is definitely bearable. Varying the amount of spice you load into the pipe will equate to more or less smoke – that was definitely a large dose in the video.

I would think the smoke would be less harsh since it has time to cool. Smoking directly from a pipe would give a hotter continuous smoke? Correct?

@Darkbb:
yeah the heavy smoke is cool, just sits at the bottom of the bottle, waiting for your lungs. Smile

Garulfo
#8 Posted : 12/21/2008 7:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I would think the smoke would be less harsh since it has time to cool. Smoking directly from a pipe would give a hotter continuous smoke? Correct?

Hard to say. From my friend experience who is also a non smoker, the heat of the smoke do not make a big difference. What makes a big difference on the throat (the lungs are usually not a problem) is the density of the smoke. My friend prefer a long inhalation of a narrow flow than a short of wide flow. The throat has very sensitive cells and DMT gives a burn feeling to sensitive cells (everybody can test it on his tongue...). That burn feeling has nothing to see with heat (think about gingember) but with the concentration of the active molecule. Probably that heat increase that.
My friend prefer when the throat passage is quite fluent, thereafter, lungs are much less sensitive.

Spock's Brain
#9 Posted : 12/27/2008 2:08:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

it bummed me out that the video didn't show how you inhale the smoke after the device fills up. Besides that, nice.
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

BiNz
#10 Posted : 12/27/2008 5:21:39 PM

Phil

Quote:
it bummed me out that the video didn't show how you inhale the smoke after the device fills up. Besides that, nice.

Sorry, i just figured it would be even more incriminating if i showed my face, and that's not something i am comfortable doing.

Just put your lips over the hole, on the tail of the bottle, and suck all the vapors in. It's as simple as that Very happy