We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
All About Salvia Dosing Options

Mystic Cannibal
#21 Posted : 4/17/2011 9:13:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

a person should probably experiment a bit with dose when snorkling, but i could see how that would help, i have tried repeated lows doses done in meditation and even just prolonging 7X is interesting, especially after chewing quid.. that gives you a nice launchpad..

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metanoia
#22 Posted : 4/17/2011 9:58:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mystic Cannibal wrote:
a person should probably experiment a bit with dose when snorkling, but i could see how that would help, i have tried repeated lows doses done in meditation and even just prolonging 7X is interesting, especially after chewing quid.. that gives you a nice launchpad..

I agree. I wrote that snorkeling method as a guideline. Just to explain the method. The dosages are up to you, and personally I do increase as I go. Not by much, because the reverse tolerance makes itself apparent with every successive dose. I just thought in the spirit of this thread, that I should write up the dosages a bit on the modest side Pleased

sheepie
#23 Posted : 9/13/2011 3:26:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just like to point out that the formula can be extended to:

Dose (in mg) = 400 * (Y/X)

Where X = the X factor of potency
Where Y = The desired dose (standard dose = 1mg, which is why OP didn't need to include this)

So if you want a 2mg trip with 20X it would be:

400 * (2/20) = 40mg
"I was supremely happy, for I had seen. Nothing could ever be the same. I have drunk at the clear and pure waters and my thirst was appeased. ...I have seen the Light. I have touched compassion which heals all sorrow and suffering; it is not for myself, but for the world. ...Love in all its glory has intoxicated my heart; my heart can never be closed. I have drunk at the fountain of Joy and eternal Beauty. I am God-intoxicated."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

nexalizer
#24 Posted : 11/20/2011 7:14:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good post OP; I, like so many others, was seriously overdoing it. This may explain why besides the "salvia gravity" and curious perceptual distortions/merging with my dear couch I never found much/any value in Salvia.

Are the experiences way different using the correct dosage ? Can you learn anything from it, you know, besides "wow, that's.. weird" ?
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

jamie
#25 Posted : 11/20/2011 8:12:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^sounds in a way like you might be underdosing it. If you are merging with your couch and that is it you either have not had enough to fully break through to the other side or you are not taking it in silent darkness..salvia is a dissociative..and in that state your mind will attempt to reassociate with other distractions in the environment. You want darkenss and silence and to be laying in bed or on some pillows etc..you want to forget this reality not reassociate with it.

The salvia gravity is what pulls you through to the other side..if you are just getting the gravity but not ending up on the other side you need to take more or just prepare the environment better.
Long live the unwoke.

nexalizer
#26 Posted : 11/20/2011 8:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
^sounds in a way like you might be underdosing it. If you are merging with your couch and that is it you either have not had enough to fully break through to the other side or you are not taking it in silent darkness..salvia is a dissociative..and in that state your mind will attempt to reassociate with other distractions in the environment. You want darkenss and silence and to be laying in bed or on some pillows etc..you want to forget this reality not reassociate with it.

The salvia gravity is what pulls you through to the other side..if you are just getting the gravity but not ending up on the other side you need to take more or just prepare the environment better.

Interesting.. altough the gravity has so far always been present in my 3 or 4 experiences with Sally, I never did go to the other side. Here I must admit that I've never tried it in silent darkness - the first time was with a sitter, the lights were on and some music was playing.. I forgot how to speak, and the lower pitched notes in the background music were pulling me in, very surreal stuff lol.

The other 1 or 2 trips I don't even remember very well, more of the same.. salvia gravity and merging.. now that I'm writing this some stuff is coming to memory.. just remembered that the visual field always seems somewhat fractalized and pulsating.. and there was a vision of sorts in one of the experiences, a deserted bus stop in the middle of nowhere, wind blowing..

The last time was last year, was by my own, some music on and minimal lights. It was a higher dose than usual (eyeballed x60). After the 2nd inhalation and the classic gravity feeling, I laid down.

The music became unintelligible, just random annoying noise. I tried to reach the laptop to turn it off, but at this point coordinating to do that was impossible. I was merging auditorially with the noise and with the couch. I remember feeling stuck between 2 planes, in a diagonal.. also felt this presence in the room, I sensed it as something evil, and at the same time in my head the thought "you should not be here" was looping.

I remember I was experimenting with alcohol (which I very, very rarely drink) before Salvia (that is, getting buzzed on alcohol and then smoking Salvia), and had some negative preconceptions about this combination, but for science's sake gave it a try anyway. Of course I can't say whether the "Salvia spirit" was annoyed at the alcohol, or my own negative mindset/assumptions about it caused the experience. In any case, that and the fact that I could never quite learn anything from Sally made me lose interest in it.

Frankly I'm a bit scared to give that plant a go in silent darkness lol.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Soy sauce
#27 Posted : 11/3/2012 2:20:29 AM

Learn to love, Live to learn

Thanks for putting this up. A nice, and simple way, to figgure out how much, of what kind.

The first time I ever smoked salvia.. it was 20x, and, like usual, I just packed a big ol bowl of it. Turned into a photograph for a little while. Couldn't move, or I'd rip my whole reality apart.

And that, was only the teeny bit I remembered.

I came back, and felt like complete death for the next 48hrs. It felt like every single hangover from anything that's ever been made, ever, put together. And in my head.

I've finally built the courage to get back in there, and see what salvia's all about, and this, will help me immensly. I already know.

No more bowl full, 200mg+ I suppose, at 20x. Crying or very sad

No wonder why I never wanted to even think about the word salvia ever again.

Thanks again! Thumbs up
Super Radical wrote:
Naww. MJ sandwich is the way to go the first time.
Then next time after the WTFOMG moment, realize your ready to changa things up.

It's more special that way.

'DMT is not one of our irrational illusions. What we experience in the presence of DMT is real news. It is a nearby dimension-- frightening, transformative, and beyond our powers to imagine, and yet to be explored in the usual way. We must send fearless experts, whatever that may come to mean, to explore and to report on what they find.' - Terence McKenna

Make Shift
#28 Posted : 11/5/2015 7:36:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soy sauce wrote:
Thanks for putting this up. A nice, and simple way, to figgure out how much, of what kind.

The first time I ever smoked salvia.. it was 20x, and, like usual, I just packed a big ol bowl of it. Turned into a photograph for a little while. Couldn't move, or I'd rip my whole reality apart.

And that, was only the teeny bit I remembered.

I came back, and felt like complete death for the next 48hrs. It felt like every single hangover from anything that's ever been made, ever, put together. And in my head.

I've finally built the courage to get back in there, and see what salvia's all about, and this, will help me immensly. I already know.

No more bowl full, 200mg+ I suppose, at 20x. Crying or very sad

No wonder why I never wanted to even think about the word salvia ever again.

Thanks again! Thumbs up

Based on what Gibran said, for 20x, an ideal dose would be 400/20 = 20 mg.
If you do 200 mg, assuming you already have, hope you had a safe journey.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

fathomlessness
#29 Posted : 8/21/2019 3:53:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

So a gram of 20X salvia should contain roughly 2.5 x 20 = 50mg of salvinorin A. A gram of 6X would contain 15mg salvinorin A, and a gram of 60X would contain 150mg.

I'd like to give the calculation for the amount that people would be smoking when they unknowingly take a hit for the first time of say 60x extract.

As you said, uncomfortable upper end of salvinorin a dose is 2.5mg. The average bowl size fits about 100mg of herb roughly and perhaps up to 200mg if packed (excluding big bowl sizes), so values of salvinorin a may be slightly over.

Given this people would of been getting:

100mg of 6x extract: 1.5mg of salvinorin a

100mg of 20x extract: 5mg of salvinorin a

100mg of 60x extract: 15mg of salvinorin a!! (6x the upper limit)

PREV12