We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Piri Piri Extraction (Cyperus Articulatus) Options

rOm
#1 Posted : 7/14/2010 6:19:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got this herb not long ago, it can use as is, or as an ayahuasca admixture.
Sedating and dreamherb effects apparently, it is understood to act on the NMDA receptor from what I recall.

I found this in Entheology.org, thought to give this tek a trial.

"Modern scientific research has shown that an effective means of extracting active alkaloids requires the roots to be ground into a powder, allowed to sit in a large amount of warm water, then the water mixture is allowed to evaporate until the water is just 90% of its original volume. The wet pulp is then mixed with pure alcohol, and the insoluble material is then separated, dried and mixed with water to make a potent elixir. In addition to the psychoactive compounds found in the rhizomes of this grass, it is believed that many root samples are infected with a species specific fungus called Balansia cyperi, this fungus is closely related to the Claviceps purpurea fungus and also produces ergot-like alkaloids; which may explain why many tribes use this tuber as an additive in their Ayahuasca brews."

Full article to be found here :
http://www.entheology.or...doto/anmviewer.asp?a=394
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

rOm
#2 Posted : 9/2/2010 10:22:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is something I quite dont understand.
I thouhgt the actives were soluble in water.
Here they say to use both the pulp (and mix it with alcohol), but does that mean you should discard the tea and ethanol pull to only keep the insoluble material ???

rOm
#3 Posted : 9/2/2010 10:24:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As a side note, I have a fair amount of it and tried a tea with success (mild but noticable effect which I don't think would be placebo-others noticed something too and were not aware of my experimentation).
Any thoughts ?

rOm
#4 Posted : 9/10/2010 8:41:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Now I have made a tincture from 90 grams piri piri.
Took a few grams worth while under harmalas influence and went to bed : This was great !
I'm starting to really love oral harmalas. The experience was not completely different than sublingual salvia tincture in its effect. Very playful and dreamy with the ability to drive through sensation of dissociation and visual distortions..
I'll need to bioessays a few night's in the row.
More to come !

sigmundfreuid
#5 Posted : 9/10/2010 8:57:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Id like to thank you for your research.I myself have wanted to study piri piri after i read that article.
Only problem is the lack of information for the preparation of what will be used as a psychedelic.

When i can,i will order some and try to do an extraction.

Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

rOm
#6 Posted : 9/10/2010 9:03:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It worth looking at it. You may try a tea with 5 grams first to test the potency.
The taste is actually very good and refreshing.
The tincture is just making things easier.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 9/10/2010 2:28:34 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

please pm me the whereabouts of this plant. this is very intriguing
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

shoe
#8 Posted : 9/26/2010 5:20:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah rOm, this is great work. Piri piri, the usual spice we all know and love, only the roots? quite amazing.

Judging by the list of actives from the plant, and its amazon heritage it'd be quite a good one to grow in one's enthogen garden
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Ginkgo
#9 Posted : 9/26/2010 5:44:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
Yeah rOm, this is great work. Piri piri, the usual spice we all know and love, only the roots? quite amazing. Might be quite a good one to grow in one's enthogen garden then??

rOm is not talking about the spice Capsicum frutescens called piri-piri, he is talking about a very different plant accidentally also called piri-piri - the Cyperus Articulatus. Some information on the herb may be found here.

I am also very intrigued by this work. I'm really looking forward to see the results!

shoe
#10 Posted : 9/26/2010 5:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clearing that up, Evening glory. I was looking at the photo thinking... shouldn't it be red if its the firey piri-piri ? whoopsie!
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН

polytrip
#11 Posted : 9/27/2010 6:39:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I find it strange to hear alcohol is needed. I don't believe pure alcohol has always been available to the shamans who used it as an admixture in their brews.

rOm
#12 Posted : 9/27/2010 8:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alcohol is a solvent used in extraction but as specified earlier, it works as a tea. Just use plain water to admix your ayahuasca in a traditionnal fashion.
Unfortunatley I only did once the caapi and piri piri brew and was also under the last night influence of mandragora so, that was quite spoiled by the power of solenacea to see the more gentle light of piri-piri.

rOm
#13 Posted : 9/27/2010 8:23:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been experimenting piri-piri in various mix with or without harmalas and cacti extracts and it is not always a very clear admixture. I think I need to come back to contemplating sets with it. As soon as I have some meaningful harmalas + piri-piri only visuals or experience, I'll report back. So far the next experience were more subtle to put a finger on it yet.
Again it reminds me of my experiments with salvia tincture. I could go very far a day. And with the same dose, not quite somewhere intereting for me.
Is it a plant where the mindset plays a big role ? Does it need a fairly self-suggested hypnosys state ?

Diggin'diggin'...

shoe
#14 Posted : 10/6/2010 7:50:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And what about isolating and culturing the fungi from the root?
shoe

rOm
#15 Posted : 10/7/2010 3:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because it's under argument if fungi is or not responsible for the effect of piri piri.

rOm
#16 Posted : 11/20/2011 6:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update !!!
Thinking about this, I feel RESTING RELAX IN THE BED IN DIM LIGHT TO DARK is needed (like salvia sublingual) to experience the profound effects I had.
Unless the microdose mandrake was also potentiating it in my successful attempt. I also took quite a bit of harmalas.
I found my bottle of tincture, I just need now to experiment with the harmalas plus dim light setting and with or without microdose scolopamine.

rOm
#17 Posted : 11/20/2011 6:38:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I find it strange to hear alcohol is needed. I don't believe pure alcohol has always been available to the shamans who used it as an admixture in their brews.

I got the recipe from naturopaths website, not amazonian shaman, I would know some who would work with it, I would ask them how this intriguous spirit works !

rOm
#18 Posted : 11/20/2011 6:40:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
And what about isolating and culturing the fungi from the root?

If someone could manage this and report back eventually that would help. though I 'm not sure the fungi would live whithout it's plant allie. you'd need to try and scrap it from the bulb and eat it straight away.

polytrip
#19 Posted : 11/21/2011 1:03:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Is this herb normally used along with chacruna or other DMT-plants or just with caapi alone?

rOm
#20 Posted : 11/21/2011 1:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read once it was used by itself by novice, then with caapi. I'm not sure if they mix it with chacruna or chaliponga like other admixture (i;e cat's claw), I did add some in pharma and aya but the character wasn't strong enough to tell if it add something unique or not. However I used to add salsapirilla also and this was giving energised pharmahuasca sessions, quite uplifting...
I really start to think piri piri is a shy spirit and should be done in a quiet dark room like sublingual salvia. Also the NMDA-antagonist tolerance is huge in my case and I have hard time repating experience even with say Iboga.

12NEXT