We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I long for a thread to call my own :'( Options

bigmack
#1 Posted : 11/17/2011 11:28:35 AM

Mack

Hey ppl.
Last night I suddenly got the urge to start a thread. Then I realised I couldnt start my own thread because I was only a little noob Sad, a seedling if you will.

Quick reasons why I should be able to make my own thread:

1. I've been on the chat for some time now, frequent members know me...
and I've learned the just of what this forum is about. I try to be as respectful as possible and not to butt into other ppls conversations.

2. I've read this forum front to back, performed several teks and found many threads to be useful relating to dosages, experiences and even non-related subjects of dmt. After being at other forums of this nature, I've come to the conclusion that the nexus is ultimately where I'd like to be.

3. This is a highly refined version of similar forums, in which the culture seems to come together with similar interests at hand (which i find rare).
Here, there is not as much clutter and mix-matching between poly-drug users who want to 'down play' they're drug of choice and demonize yours (if you know what i mean). Dmt-Nexus is not as biased in my opinion.

To sum up, I love you ALL!
sprinkle some water on my seedling and watch me grow!

So now the only question that remains is..........
Why do I want to make a thread of my own?

yes, it is true. I dont have a lot to bring to the table. I am young at heart and mostly uneducated in the various topics this forum supports.
However, there is this one little thing I do called creative writing and spoken word.
I don't very much enjoy the stigmas attached to poetry so I wouldnt say I'm a poet, but nevertheless, I can certainly say I'm probably a wee bit egotistical because basically I want to be a member so I can have a thread for my own writing.

Here's why. My poetry... I mean, writing... is insanely ridiculously awesome and entertaining! And it also has entirely been derived (well actually i'd say 'mostly'Pleased from psychedelics, so that's always kind of interesting.
And hey, if my writing sucks than you can always have a chuckle or two, and so... I mean its a win-win either way.

Below is a provided example of the good things to come upon making me a full-time gangster. I mean member.

Are you bored?

Do you feel diminished? Lathargic? Sluggish? Unexcited?
Inattentive of wonders occuring around you?
Divided from passions that define you?
Spiteful of a world that invites you?

Does it feel like... the same over-rated orchaestra has been playing all your life? The same orchaestra whistling the same high keys and bellowing the same low notes...
Does the music agitate you?

Can you accurately declare... that your hopping here to there, conscientiously?
Or does it feel like maybe your being dragged along by this 'thing' called time?

Does it fluster you to have wake up each day covered in filth, only to wash yourself, so you can be drenched in that same filth again?
Only to hold your head up high, so it can be lowered...
Only to form an opinion, to be dissuaded...
Only to invente yourself, to be dismantled....
Only to eat and eat and drink and drink, just to do it all again tommorow?

Does this all seem depressing to you? Debilitating? Devitalizing? Dispiriting?
Or are you maybe just bored?

Are you tired of living life the way you are now? Of witnessing the same certainties popping up over and over... and sequentially sweeping the uncertainties under the rug?

Are you tired of dreaming the same dreams, thinking the same thoughts, feeling the same feelings, and...
walking the same narrow corridor over and over like a spinning carousel that never stops?

What about tasting that awful bitterness that never goes away?
Does repetition smirk at you everyday?

Well, it doesn't have to.

Thought-patterns can be re-written...

Ideologies adjusted.

Outlooks unfocused, knots untied...

Realities re-imagined.

Apperception is malleable.

Introspection is an art.

Awareness is Godliness.
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 11/17/2011 1:28:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Why do you say you can't start a thread when you just did? Wink
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Etnroa
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 4:58:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi bigmack,
I liked your poem. We can all at times relate to the challenges listed in the questions. And I'm glad the poem did't conclude with "Try Prozac!" But seriously, those are good questions to ask back to those who ask why try entheogens. There's plenty of other reasons of course.
Etnroa

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 11/17/2011 6:32:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe you just did, actually. But I get your point.

You write well. I'd like to see more.

Consider yourself promoted.

Laughing

bigmack
#5 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:07:59 PM

Mack

YES, I AM SEEDLING... NO MORE!!
anyways, thanks!
that was just for starters. Next ill bring out some of my more preferred pieces.
But in all realness, even one compliment/criticism goes a thousand miles for me, so I really appreciate it.
I find it extremely difficult to write something that sounds 'clean' and rhythmic when missing that extra 'annuciation effect' of spoken word.
Poetry in writing is some more of a tedious task, attempting to evoke anything really in the reader can prove to be difficult.
Even the tiniest mistake or malpractice of word or wisdom, tends to result in instaneous distastefulness.
But what I wanted to say was... I'd really enjoy feedback from anyone offering it.
And I'd be thrilled to conference with like-minded ppl and fans of this form of art.
If anybody has writing to show me of any sort, please pm me.
Im gonna start my thread today Very happy thanks again!
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try contacting jbark - the James Joyce of the DMT Nexus. I foresee some epic word battles.

joedirt
#7 Posted : 11/17/2011 11:05:19 PM

Not I

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Try contacting jbark - the James Joyce of the DMT Nexus. I foresee some epic word battles.

^^ To Funny. There are a few of us around here that can get a little wordy for sure!

lol.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

bigmack
#8 Posted : 11/18/2011 6:49:25 PM

Mack

hey guys check my new thread in art and literature, thanks Very happy

oden
#9 Posted : 11/19/2011 3:19:21 AM

odin the one

welcome to the nexus...i very much like you writing...congrats on your promotion... you are no longer a seed..your wings are unbound..NOW FLY!!!