We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Coleman fuel cheap price UK Options

cjames
#1 Posted : 11/13/2011 2:32:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just ordered 2 liters of Coleman fuel from this website who have it on offer for £4.99 a liter! P+P was £2.95 Very happy
http://www.campervanacce...litre-bottle-p-1435.html
I'll do an evap test when it arrives and post my results even though others say it evaps clean, better safe than sorry..
Hope it works so I can stop using this nasty xylene.. And if it's not suitable then I'll use it in my camping stove.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 11/13/2011 3:03:32 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Please do NOT use Coleman's.

It is infamous for producing, of all things, green DMT.

It has a residue that acts as a rust inhibitor. You do NOT want this in your extraction.

VM&P is a good brand. As is Ronsonol.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

cjames
#3 Posted : 11/13/2011 3:31:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Pandora, guess i'll use it in my stove then lol
I have had a quick google and can't find VM&P naphtha and Ronsonol costs £2.05/133ml locally!

Just a thought, I have a copper column Still that I used for ethanol production. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried separating the Coleman fuel and leaving the additives in the still? I know the risks involved in heating volatiles and safety is always number 1 priority.

VoidTraveler
#4 Posted : 11/13/2011 9:44:27 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

cjames wrote:
Thanks Pandora, guess i'll use it in my stove then lol
I have had a quick google and can't find VM&P naphtha and Ronsonol costs £2.05/133ml locally!

Just a thought, I have a copper column Still that I used for ethanol production. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried separating the Coleman fuel and leaving the additives in the still? I know the risks involved in heating volatiles and safety is always number 1 priority.

Why would you spend so much of your time trying to vape clean your solvent when you can purchase clean solvent right off the shelf? Yes, it's more expensive but at least you're not spending tons of you time to save a few pennies(imagine using that time doing more fun things).
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

kendo
#5 Posted : 11/13/2011 10:00:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A lot of panel wipe solvents from car paint shops in the uk are a 100% light naphtha,
I have not used it myself, so you'll need to research it yourself,
I prefer using non petro solvents, such as D-limonine like in the blab tek
WARNING: This Kendo character is a massive dreamer and all posts to be be taken as works of pure fiction

Digi123
#6 Posted : 11/14/2011 10:25:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard mixed reports on Coleman's. I'd say it might be worth doing an evap test, maybe even a mini extraction and see if you get clean results.

kendo wrote:
I prefer using non petro solvents, such as D-limonine like in the blab tek

Speaking of D-Limo, if anyone knows anywhere to obtain this in the UK at a reasonable price, please PM me Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

Luuk
#7 Posted : 11/14/2011 10:47:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems that US coleman fuel has the nasty green component, while european coleman is clean. I've evapped coleman bought in the Netherlands, it was clean, and made a bunch of nice, slightly yellow dmt with it.
D-limonene can be bought in the UK from ebay for a reasonable price, cheapest I could find. If someone knows a cheaper source, please pm meSmile

cjames
#8 Posted : 11/14/2011 6:57:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read mixed reports on the UK naphtha too and will be doing tests when it arrives. Worst case scenario is I have to set up my Still and purify it, not a bad thing as using the still is a joy and will be done in an hour or so Very happy

DoingKermit
#9 Posted : 11/14/2011 7:22:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want cheap ronsonol don't look in shops, but in street markets. Most street markets (in London at least) have smoking supply stalls that sell ronsonol for £1 a can. It's even cheaper if you buy 10 at a time. I've seen coleman's in camping supply shops, but its really expensive and ronsonol works so well i haven't bothered with it.

Let us know how you get on.

tony
#10 Posted : 11/15/2011 12:14:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone tried using swan lighter fluid? i was wanting ronsonol, they only had swan and i couldn't be bothered walking to the next shop. also thanks for the tip DoingKermit, i have a market near me so i'll give that a try.
-ะฏ ฮž โˆš ฮฉ L U T โ†‘ Ø N-

cjames
#11 Posted : 11/15/2011 12:44:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PhOG wrote:
anyone tried using swan lighter fluid? i was wanting ronsonol, they only had swan and i couldn't be bothered walking to the next shop. also thanks for the tip DoingKermit, i have a market near me so i'll give that a try.

I tried Swan, Ronson and Newport and they all evaporated clean Very happy

DoingKermit, thanks for the tip. No markets in this neck of the woods but next time I go to Plymouth i'll have a look.

captainz
#12 Posted : 11/16/2011 5:40:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Panel wipe is the thing to use. Light Naptha. Works beautifully. Look up a "car factor" in your area. I got it for about 5 quid a litre.
My mobile phone's first language appears to be Phoneglish. The creative spelling belongs to it. The content is mine. In case you were wondering. Pop-pip!

cjames
#13 Posted : 11/19/2011 3:05:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well the 2l of coleman fuel arrived today, took a while but I had to collect it from the post sorting office as I was out when postie knocked..

Done a 20ml sample in a clean beaker and it evaporated clean Very happy No trace of rust inhibitor at all so i'd say it's safe to use Stop

Should last me a while but i'll look at panel wipe for next time. Most panel wipe MSDS show other additives but i'll find a useable one eventually...