We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Bufotenine Extraction Options

Observant
#41 Posted : 11/4/2008 5:13:04 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

@ Jorkest

Thanks for the Tips. This Extraction is SWIMs first with yopo - SWIMs going to get some Epsom Salt .

SWIMs going to start a 250g Cebil Extraction soon , he will try a warm water bath on that one.

Greetings, associativum
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SpasticSpaz
#42 Posted : 11/20/2008 2:07:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I might as well put this in here as well.

I've heard, dunno where, that the following procedure works pretty well in the hypothetical situation that one wishes to create a crude bufotenine extract but for whatever reason cannot follow the procedure related by 69ron. It's very quick (~4-5 hours from start to finish), but the result would probably be considerably cruder than the method proposed by 69ron.

Materials:
VM&P Naptha
Acetone
500 mL bottle
Shallow glass bowl/pan
Anadenanthera colubrina seeds
Lime OR sodium carbonate

1) Microwave 20g of seeds until the popping dies down.
2) Grind to a fine, flour like consistency.
3) Put in 500mL bottle along with 400mL of VM&P naptha.
4) Close bottle and shake thoroughly (for say, 5 minutes) and let settle.
5) Decant and discard Naptha, retaining seeds.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 once more with fresh naptha.
7) Dry seeds fully, then mix with 50% by volume of either lime or sodium carbonate and sufficient water to make a slurry.
Cool Redry seed/base mixture (20 second pulses in the microwave would theoretically work).
9) Regrind to flour like consistency.
10) Put in 500 mL bottle along with 400 mL of acetone.
11) Close bottle and shake thoroughly. Let settle.
12) Decant acetone to evapping dish, being careful not to spill over any seed material and evaporate to dryness.
13) Repeat steps 10-12 once more.
14) Scrape up dry impure bufotenine.

The rumor is that 25-30 mg is a very strong dose.

69ron
#43 Posted : 11/20/2008 2:19:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That tech will work better if the naphtha wash in step 3 was replaced with acetone. You’ll get a much cleaner end product that way. The actives are insoluble in acetone, until they are freebased in step 7.

The same tech works well for powder MIMOSA if acetone is used in step 3!
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lorax
#44 Posted : 12/9/2008 10:35:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

is it normal for the acetone smell to take ages to get out of the bufotenine? i have had it sitting for 2 days. its very hard when cold but when heated up and melted it still stinks of solvent. what should bufotenine smell like?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Jorkest
#45 Posted : 12/20/2008 6:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has found the bufotenine fumarate is not sticky..its quite powdery..even RIGHT after pouring off the acetone..

finally got some good seeds
it's a sound

Jorkest
#46 Posted : 12/20/2008 10:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM says this nice bufotenine fumarate turned into a sticky greenish substance after freebasing
it's a sound

69ron
#47 Posted : 12/20/2008 11:14:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's contaminated with other alkaloids, and junk.

See this thread for pictures of what freebase bufotenine actually looks like:

Name that crystal
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#48 Posted : 12/21/2008 7:47:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found that the MEK:heptane mix precips bufo fumarate
it's a sound

Jorkest
#49 Posted : 12/21/2008 8:05:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful white bufo fumarate
it's a sound

Jorkest
#50 Posted : 12/21/2008 8:22:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so SWIM was trying to figure out a way to purify his nasty slimy gross bufotenine...so he tried quite a few different things...and finally got this...instead of salting right after the pull...he evapped the acetone..and got this gross ass brown mess goo stuff...and he then did the MEK:heptane solution and put it in the nasty mess..once he got as much material in the MEK:heptane..he poured it off the slimy brown goo..and added FASA to it

he figured that since he was separating all the nasty alkaloids and toxins BEFORE the FASA..he would end up with much cleaner product..this way the bad alkaloids are already separated and are not apart of the FASA mix

the bufo fumarate with this method is beautiful WHITE powder

SWIM will take some pictures
it's a sound

69ron
#51 Posted : 12/21/2008 8:37:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude, I'm excited to see it.

Jorkest
#52 Posted : 12/21/2008 8:49:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it's a sound

psychonaut
#53 Posted : 12/21/2008 9:49:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:

looks beautiful Very happy
I don't see any amber at all! seems the binary solvent mix + FASA is about as pure as it gets

what were SWIY's yields?

69ron
#54 Posted : 12/21/2008 10:47:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool looking. SWIM will have to give that a try next time he has fumaric acid.

It's whiter looking than the clear freebase bufotenine crystals SWIM has.

Was there any amber stuff left in the solvent after the fumarates precipitated out?

Are you planning to freebase it again?

Jorkest
#55 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:30:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The solvent actually had a neon green tint to it surprisingly..what he figured would happen was..some of the oils and fats and such would enter into the mix but if it was dropped out with FASA all that would stay in the mix...and hes in the process now of freebasing it..and then going to extract again..

he is quite happy with this because it went from a nasty oily brown mess to beautiful white powder..with no defatting..because this is the defatting step..but also gets rid of all the nasty toxins because of the MEK:heptane mix...

and so far hes gotten about 1.6 grams..but that was only one pull...and he thinks there will be more in the brown goo...he got about .4g out of the last MEK:heptane pull...and he did it about 4 times..it seems the MEK:heptane can hold about .4g in 10ml of MEK and 15ml of heptane..

you can then wash this powder with acetone to remove any residual fats and solvent...he is going to freebase this today and see if he can grow some crystals..

SWEET!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#56 Posted : 12/21/2008 5:01:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting thing happened...he mixed calcium hydroxide with the bufotenine fumarate and then added a bit of water before he went to bed..and when he woke up it had turned amber dark brown! he evapped the rest of the water off..and then put in 60ml of acetone..the acetone turned amber..so now he is in the process of evapping the acetone..and if it comes out kinda grossish..hes going to do another MEK:heptane mix to see if he can grow some crystals out of it
it's a sound

69ron
#57 Posted : 12/21/2008 7:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like seeing all these tests being done! We're all learning from this.

This is the thing I love about this forum. There are a lot of actual real scientific experiments happening live. Most other forums are pretty dead in that respect, even the larger forums mostly have people that are just theorizing about stuff and not actually trying anything for real.

It goes to show that the DMT using population is generally a very intelligent active group of people.

Jorkest
#58 Posted : 12/21/2008 7:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

indeed! its very exciting..right now SWIM has done the freebasing and extracted with acetone..which was then evaped to leave a amber brown HARD(not sticky) substance..this was then extracted from with MEK:heptane..and is evapping the MEK...SWIM can see little white crystals forming in the heptane with a tiny bit of MEK left...

right now SWIM doesnt care about yield..he just wants some nice pure bufo!! and once he gets this tek down..he finish the extraction and see what he can come up with...this is very exciting indeed...i love this forum!
it's a sound

Jorkest
#59 Posted : 12/21/2008 8:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM should have washed with acetone before freebasing
it's a sound

psychonaut
#60 Posted : 12/21/2008 10:48:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
interesting thing happened...he mixed calcium hydroxide with the bufotenine fumarate and then added a bit of water before he went to bed..and when he woke up it had turned amber dark brown! he evapped the rest of the water off..and then put in 60ml of acetone..the acetone turned amber..so now he is in the process of evapping the acetone..and if it comes out kinda grossish..hes going to do another MEK:heptane mix to see if he can grow some crystals out of it
is it possible that bufotenine oxide is amber? could try using magnesium to reduce it if you have any. I don't think the toxins would turn white when salted(though I could be wrong). I wonder what a bioassay of bufo oxide would be like, maybe similar to that of one of the toxins? If someone used magnesium to reduce oxides to their parents, I wonder if it would be a purer extract with higher yield...
All things to try Smile

PREV12345NEXT»