We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Not really a user, but interested in DMT + otherworld stuff. Have an idea for you.. Options

Hermit
#1 Posted : 11/18/2011 12:46:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone!
This is my first post & it's really just to get an idea across that I had. There's a lot of text, so if you want to just jump to the interesting part, it's the last paragraph.

If you'd told me ten years ago that I would be interested in this kind of thing now, I would have been pretty shocked! In fact, I wouldn't have believed you at all. I have friends who regularly smoke etc & one that even used to grow his own so I'm completely non-judgemental about this stuff. Being totally 100% honest, although I've smoked a couple of joints (with mixed reactions ranging from hysterical uncontrolled laughter to hideous, icy paranoia sometimes both within the space of 60 seconds) I've always shyed away from any of this kind of thing. I still do to an extent, because I believe I'm chemically extremely sensitive. For example, alcohol gives me a rushing euphoria within 20 minutes of drinking that I would equate to coke. It's that intense, like flying. I'm a cheap date! hehe.

BUT... I have been very interested in the occult & all things other-worldly for nearly 30 years (strange dichotomy huh?) following Kabbala via Tarot & also some mysticism. I'm a very inquisitive person & this led me inadvertently to DMT & to reading about peoples' experiences with it. Absolutely fascinating! I've read plenty about lsd & pretty much dismissed the whole 'mind-expansion' thing as just the mind playing tricks. DMT, on the other hand seems to be something ENTIRELY different & connects into my realm of experience in a way that I wouldn't have expected.

I've read quite a few stories that leave me 50/50 over actually trying it, but I'm put off by the aforementioned sensitivity & also having read several times that DMT is definitely NOT for beginners... or for the faint-hearted! I've also read quite a lot about the issues with actually getting the stuff into the body effectively & safely so that the precise measure can be controlled. This gave me an idea & I'll throw it out there like a bucket of paint, because I know you guys will figure it out immediately if there is any substance to it. Here ya go:

Electronic cigarettes for the most part use a heater coil to evaporate one of 3 main substances (depending on brand; propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol or vegetable glycerine) together with nicotine, & some flavours. Do you see where I'm going? PG,PEG etc are wonderful inert solvents that are harmless, universally used/available, cheap & capable of dissolving non water-soluble substances as far as my chemistry knowledge goes. On contact with heat, a mist forms that can be safely & comfortably inhaled & the suspended chemicals (whatever they might be) don't burn, they evaporate cleanly & uniformly.
Is DMT soluble in one of those? I'm guessing it is. If it isn't, PG, PEG etc WILL mix with known solvents of DMT. Get the proportions correct & I think you have your bus ticket, with the ability to dilute with extreme precision. No?
The other idea I had was the use of a nebuliser, but the issue of solvent arises (one that you can inhale in high concentrations) I have no idea about that, but I'm sure someone in here does?

What do you guys think? Does this sound viable? If it is, maybe I just thought of something to help people not burn their DMT or inhale enough to put North America on Mars in one hit accidentally? Shocked

Cheers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 11/18/2011 2:27:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Take a look at this thread:

The Ploom
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Hermit
#3 Posted : 11/18/2011 5:27:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, glad I didn't buy one of those! Looks like a lot of messing around! Wink
I have a Tornado Tank e-cig, which has a reservoir of liquid which is drawn down into the heating chamber. What i was wondering is, if you can get the stuff to completely dissolve in PE/PEG, then it will atomise perfectly without burning & enter the same way as nicotine. No flame required. With my TT system, if you draw on it correctly, it billows tons of vapor.
Oh well. Confused

phillyd
#4 Posted : 11/18/2011 10:30:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

People say DMT is not for beginers however I feel its a great place to start in your situation It will break down any barriers you may have when it comes to with pre concieved ideas of tripping. I had several years experience with hallucinogens before I tried DMT and feel if I had done it in reverse I may have apprieciated the experiences more. So I say if you are interested DO IT!