We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic art? Options

VoidTraveler
#1 Posted : 10/26/2011 2:18:32 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

I'm currently in the process of finally getting myself my own place(For the past 6 years I've been living in vacant office buildings for really cheap). As in, my name is on the lease contract and I will be lord of the mansion.

In my current(and previous) place I'm not allowed to put things on the walls and/or paint. So once I've moved I can do both and I fully intent to explore that capability. I scored myself a giant wall 'sticker' which consists of 2 heads with no top on them and large vines growing out of them. Ever since I've started experimenting with psychedelics I wanted various pieces of art. I've considered purchasing a Shpongle mask for on one of my walls. But it's currently way out of my budget so I'm looking for other options.

Ideas?
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Global
#2 Posted : 10/26/2011 2:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

You can check out the Music/Art/Literature subforum and see if anything inspires you to get something over there.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Orion
#3 Posted : 10/26/2011 3:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My studio wall is covered is anything i can get my hands on. If I see a pic i like I just print it off, All my paintings go up and various doodles/sketches. Creates a patchwork of ideas, I could stare at the walls for hours when tripping. Like Global said, I'm sure you'll find a ton of ideas in that subforum. Happy hunting Pleased
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 10/27/2011 1:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ALEX GREY EVERYWHERE!!!!
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

dmtk2852
#5 Posted : 10/27/2011 9:32:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm more interested in how you lived in vacant office buildings? How did you get in that situation and what was that like?
I know its off-topic, but I think its worth discussing.
As for art, yes Alex Grey, or consider posters of fractals etc.

VoidTraveler
#6 Posted : 10/30/2011 11:20:31 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

dmtk2852 wrote:
I'm more interested in how you lived in vacant office buildings? How did you get in that situation and what was that like?
I know its off-topic, but I think its worth discussing.

Well, I'm Dutch. And until october last year, it was legal in the Netherlands to squat if a building has been vacant for 12 months and no signs of activity were visible. So if a place was under construction it was illegal to squat. Getting squatters removed from a building was quite difficult(and still is) and so a new kind of company came into existance: anti-squatting agencies.

They manage the vacant buildings for an owner and rent space for cheap to people who want to live for cheap. Biggest down side is that the people living for an anti-squatting agency have less rights than squatters. They can get kicked out with a 2 of 4 weeks notice(regular rental laws in the Netherlands forbid that), privacy is a concern(I've literally walked out of my bedroom buttnaked and there were 5 guys in suit standing in the middle of my living room) and you never know when you're getting kicked out or if you get a new place. But on the other hand, I only paid 150 euros a month all-in.
The spice extends life.

VoidTraveler
#7 Posted : 11/2/2011 3:29:14 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Some of the Alex Grey things are really interesting. I'm currently deciding between 2 posters which I want to order. Are there any other specific online shops or specific artists I should look into?
The spice extends life.

IwasAfractal
#8 Posted : 11/5/2011 4:46:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya man, Alex Grey everywhere would be awesome! Laughing

The best artwork is your own. Just dose one day and get some paint and just sit and paint or draw on your walls. Thatd be fun.

Parshvik Chintan
#9 Posted : 11/6/2011 7:53:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IwasAfractal wrote:
The best artwork is your own.

speak for yourself, i can't draw for shit
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

DMTerrestrial
#10 Posted : 11/16/2011 5:32:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IwasAfractal wrote:
Ya man, Alex Grey everywhere would be awesome! Laughing

The best artwork is your own. Just dose one day and get some paint and just sit and paint or draw on your walls. Thatd be fun.

Alex Grey is one of my favorite visionary artists, and Tool is one of my favorite psychedelic bands. Threyda.com has amazing artists, I highly suggest you check their site out. This is my goal for my apartment. I will hang tapestries all over the walls & ceiling. I will buy UV/Florescent fabric paints and spice up the tapestries, so during the day the look cool, and in black light it's a whole new piece of art. On top of the tapestries I will hang framed posters of visionary art. Then I will get 1x1 foot mirrors and scatter them all over the walls and ceilings. This will add the effects of multiple layers/depths on the walls. Like looking through a small window to another room. The cool thing about the UV/Florescent paints is they are cheap, you can get them at Walmart, and they go far. Make sure you get permanent fabric paints. Also it's easy to add to a tapestry cause it's almost like paint by numbers. You don't have to do the whole tapestry, just spice it up a bit. They are really easy to blend the colors into each other for a tie-dye effect. I have no art skill and I pulled it off. Also for black lights head to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a T-12 4 foot 2 bulb ballast. They are like $10-12 and the 2 bulbs are about the same price. 1 ballast will be enough light for a pretty big room and you save mad bux vs. buying them at Spencers or some party store. Hope I gave you some good & affordable ideas. You NEED to check the Threyda.com site, it will blow you away. Peace & much love my fellow Terrestrial!
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

bemeda
#11 Posted : 11/16/2011 6:38:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For quite a while I felt like my Salvia experiences were unique - What I "felt" just didn't seem to jibe with what others related in trip reports. Was I missing something?

Then I found Mark Maxwell. http://www.mpm7.com/
Specifically, check out his 2005-2006 gallery. As soon as I saw those, I knew I had been venturing into the same territory.

My favorite artist is Zdzislaw Beksinski. I need say no more! http://www.beksinski.pl/

Aside from this, my particular favorite means of procuring cool wall-art is to buy it from actual artists selling on the streets. You can get some very unique and interesting things and you also get to meet the artist and pay him/her directly - the art takes on a whole new meaning when it's more personal.

shivayam
#12 Posted : 11/18/2011 4:22:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

off the top of my head, here are two artists i truly love...

.....DL their art and make poster? purchase something small?

http://autumnskyemorrison.com/gallery.html

http://kentfineart.net/a...ts/laffoley_past_01.html

bemeda
#13 Posted : 11/18/2011 4:32:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's some awesome-ness, but certainly not for all tastes:

http://charlieimmer.com/

onethousandk
#14 Posted : 11/18/2011 6:53:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great art if you're interested in extensive use of geometry:

http://www.amandaknowles.com/