We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My kingdom for a tek... Options

animus_ludicus
#1 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:52:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After a quick read through the teks on the wiki I emerged fairly confused. Not because of the processes described, but rather because of the multitude of choices one has. After some time of thinking one would end up believing that Lazyman's tek is the best choice if one is doing this for the first time, but one could be mistaken...

What is your opinion? Which tek would you use? What are the pros and cons of Lazyman's tek?(regarding the end product)

Thank you in advance

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

actualfactual
#2 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just read the various STB teks, they are all pretty much the same. The basic gist is you base the hell out of your MHRB at 1g lye per 1g of bark per 15ml of h20 in something like a HDPE jug or mason jar. Then you add naphtha and swirl it around a bit. Pipette off the naphtha and put it another jar. Repeat 3 more times. Combine naphtha, evaporate to 1/3 of its volume and then put it in the freezer. voila!

I think Lazymans and Nomans are the two most popular but they are all very similar.

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:53:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Q21Q21's tek is incredibly easy to understand and recreate. also foodsafe Smile
the only confusing part is he mentions a few things before he talks about what they actually are, but if you read it twice, the second time should make perfect sense (at least for me)

and the materials are easy to get ahold of, which is a plus because there are only 6 of us in the entire state of alaska, so we don't need no fancy "science chemicals".

also i heard that hdpe2 plastic is better than glass because the chemicals eat away at the glass and make it brittle or something? (don't quote me on this Razz)
which is neat because distilled water comes in hdpe2 typically, and you are gonna prolly wanna buy that anyways Smile
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

VoidTraveler
#4 Posted : 11/18/2011 1:03:50 AM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

For a first time extraction I'd personally opt for an STB TEK. Mainly because you skip a step and you can learn the various basics of doing an extraction. Once you got the basics under your belt and understand what's happening during the various other stages you can progress into an A/B TEK. They're supposedly giving you a higher purity right off the bat, without any purification and recrystallization. Some people also believe they have higher yield due to the acidic stage.

I did Lazyman's TEK, worked just fine for my first time. Had a 0.7% yield due to a major screw up but by comparing to others that's not a half bad first yield.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

Global
#5 Posted : 11/18/2011 2:43:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I used the lazy man's tek the first time I attempted an extraction. I was not overly fond of the kind of extreme caution (lest severe consequences) and some difficulties I was having with the tek, but it nonetheless yielded me crystals. I never actually got to use them because with my experience, I was unable to successfully remove and dry them from the naptha without them melting. Nonetheless, I use Q21Q21's tek and it's significantly safer, easier, and downright pleasant to do than the lazyman's tek. Don't let the name fool you. If anything Q21Q21's tek doesn't have you doing much. If you have the technical skills to make spaghetti, you pretty much have the skills to make DMT. You just gotta be able to cut through the chemistry directions and understand why you're doing everything, and once you really understand that, doing the extractions or coming up with personal variations becomes much simpler.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb