We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LUCID DREAMING~EDIT: Just had one! +Report! Options

Sky Motion
#1 Posted : 11/7/2011 3:05:27 PM

<3

SO FRUSTRATING.

Did it last night for the 3rd time and got too excited so I woke up! Sad

Anyone have any experience with lucid dreaming? Please share! Could really use some tips and I would also like to hear about what other people do when they lucid dream.

Edit: Last night 11/11/11 (lucky?) I was dreaming that I was in a flying contest with a bunch of strange characters from super smash melee, like kirby and link and fox and yeah a bunch of nintendo characters. Right before the race I wasn't able to fly anymore so I was really mad because the race was about to start and I was flying before just fine. So I kept jumping to fly but kept falling down and now I was suuuper angry and said to myself, why the fuck can't I fly? and then all of the sudden out of NOWHERE I said, because this is a dream you idiot. And then the words echoed in my head, this is a dream. Right after, I shot up towards the heavens, flying thousands of feet in the air across the dream landscape. I got so excited that I lost focus on the flying and started falling. I feel all the way down into a lake and found myself underwater. I was like oh shit I'm underwater but then started to breathe because I made it that way, I swam to shore and got out and was on a path. I then walked the path just admiring the dreamscape and I saw a man on the path. I said no way are you staying here this is my dream and I said to myself "I want everything to go black" and it did. Now that I was in total blackness I said to myself "I want to see millions of doors in front of me, stretching into infinity" and it was starting to happen but I lost focus and felt myself waking up Sad and I did.

WOW though, that was my first real real controlled lucid dream. I learned that when you are in one, focus really is the key! If you don't focus hard enough, what you want to create will not happen.

I'm super excited to have another now and will be working on all the tips you guys say to increase my chances for another awesome adventure!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I had abut 6 lucid dreams the other night..I love them. I love flying and exploring the strangest worlds I can imagine. I have had many lucid dreams that seemed to go on for hours or even whole days while in this timeline only a very short time had passed.

Sleep deprivation helps if you are into that sort of thing. If I stay up for a full day or something then when I do try to sleep I right into hypnogogia..and my body falls asleap much faster than my brain so I go into sleep paralysis real quick and with all the hypnogogia I can just go right inot a lucid dream..usually I am not sleep deprived though.

It just happens for me. It always has. I have been lucid dreaming before I knew what it was..I cant remember a time in my life where I did not do this.

If you wake up real early like 4-5am and then try to go back to sleep with the intention of lucid dreaming that is your best chance IMO..you should at least get some interesting hypnogogia eventaully if you try that for a while.

Sleep paralysis is the key. Get there and learn how to drive it.

Long live the unwoke.

Death&Decay
#3 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:23:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I can relate 100%. I often have lucid dreams where like you mention, you get so excited that it actually wakes you up. In fact, I find it a coincidence that I even stumbled upon this thread because just last night I was talking to a friend about this exact thing, about how your lucid dreams can excite you to the state where you are pulled out of it. I find that when I come to the conclusion that I am in fact in a dream, I immediately am consumed bu a rush of excitement. Often times I will either awaken at this moment, or attempt to suppress the feeling all together which often times will lead to returning to that forgetful state of what is going on exactly. However, there are times when it is just right, and I can actually maintain that state for the duration of the dream or for as long as it takes until I wake up. Typically speaking, when I can manage the dream, I have to be careful of not do do "too much" or else I will get too excited and wake up. It also seems like once I "realize" I am dreaming the things in my dream sort of become more attune to this and I am constantly being bombarded with external things either trying to interact with me, get my attention or even take control of the dream and lead. It's very strange.

One thing I have noticed, which is somewhat strange, is that when I find I am in a dream state, I suddenly begin to find clues and relations to the physical world. For instance, the other day I had a dream where I was walking down this path, realized it was a dream and then I suddenly noticed a sheet of crumbled paper on the ground. I picked it up and started to try and understand what it was, but it seemed like no matter how I looked at the paper I couldn't read what it had said, except for some tiny word that I couldnt make out... But that was regardless of the message, because the message was not what the paper had on it, but to notice the paper itself... I say this because the next day, I was at work and there was a problem I was trying to solve, which I had been straining to solve for a few days... Oddly enough, I just so happen to find the answer on a crumbled sheet of paper within one of my desk drawers that I had sword I had thrown away days before, but in fact it was still there... So, this immediately made me think of the paper I had found in the dream the night before... Coincidence? Possibly... But this type of thing is happening more often now.

I believe our dreams are directly related to the same type of thing we call astral projection, a DMT experience, and so on.

Death&Decay
#4 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:25:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I had abut 6 lucid dreams the other night..I love them. I love flying and exploring the strangest worlds I can imagine. I have had many lucid dreams that seemed to go on for hours or even whole days while in this timeline only a very short time had passed.

Sleep deprivation helps if you are into that sort of thing. If I stay up for a full day or something then when I do try to sleep I right into hypnogogia..and my body falls asleap much faster than my brain so I go into sleep paralysis real quick and with all the hypnogogia I can just go right inot a lucid dream..usually I am not sleep deprived though.

It just happens for me. It always has. I have been lucid dreaming before I knew what it was..I cant remember a time in my life where I did not do this.

If you wake up real early like 4-5am and then try to go back to sleep with the intention of lucid dreaming that is your best chance IMO..you should at least get some interesting hypnogogia eventaully if you try that for a while.

Not to say this is wrong, but I think everyone is different. For me specifically, it seems like if I deprive myself of sleep that when I do finally sleep it is like i am out cold in a deep sleep. I might dream, but its harder to remember... However, if I make sure I am well rested and more alert, I find that I am laydown on my back like I would to sleep, but keep my mind in a constant state of awareness like during meditation, and I can repeatedly have outer body experiences... But only if I am not sleepy when I do this, otherwise I will just fall asleep...

Sky Motion
#5 Posted : 11/7/2011 4:30:05 PM

<3

The other night I remember having 3 dreams where I would wake up from one and go DAMN why did I not realize I was dreaming? Then I would fall asleep into the next dream and still not become lucid, and then again!

Will definitely give your technique a shot fractal and you gotta know how lucky you are to be able to do this so often! I would do anything for that.

Vent01
#6 Posted : 11/7/2011 5:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I thoroughly enjoy lucid dreaming. Though, for some reason I've developed an odd event during them. Every time I feel a presence during my lucid dream I get some sort of hypnagogic jerk and I open my eyes to reveal OEVs for approximately 10-30 seconds. The sudden awakening is similar to an adrenaline rush.

It has also been bringing itself into my meditative sessions. Very frustrating yet novel (in respect to the OEV patterns).
An observer beholding experience

Sky Motion
#7 Posted : 11/7/2011 6:32:24 PM

<3

Vent01 wrote:
I thoroughly enjoy lucid dreaming. Though, for some reason I've developed an odd event during them. Every time I feel a presence during my lucid dream I get some sort of hypnagogic jerk and I open my eyes to reveal OEVs for approximately 10-30 seconds. The sudden awakening is similar to an adrenaline rush.

It has also been bringing itself into my meditative sessions. Very frustrating yet novel (in respect to the OEV patterns).

I have something similar from sleeping where I jerk awake and find myself in a full blown panic/anxiety attack. Sad so strange.

Hyperspace Fool
#8 Posted : 11/8/2011 1:41:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A subject quite popular here in the Nexus, and near and dear to my own heart.

Instead to repeating a bunch of stuff I and others have said before, I will refer you to but a handful of the extant Lucid Dreaming threads.

With your issue, though, it is simply a matter of getting familiar and relaxed enough with the idea of being lucid that you don't over excite yourself and wake up. It is a rather fine balance to maintain both the keen interest to stay lucid and the dis-attached state needed to keep from awakening.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=25670
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=13134
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26701
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=14128
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=25962
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9538
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...t.aspx?g=posts&t=274

There are a ton more, but these are as good a place to start as anywhere else...

All the best.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

SpartanII
#9 Posted : 11/8/2011 3:49:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sky Motion wrote:

Did it last night for the 3rd time and got too excited so I woke up! Sad

This is one of the reasons why meditation is so useful- the concentrative and mindfulness type.

I think meditation goes hand in hand with Lucid Dreaming.

Lil_Rainbow
#10 Posted : 11/8/2011 11:03:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah excellent to see a post on here about that.

It is something (along with Spice) I have just started getting into of late.

I am at a stage where I am trying to make myself consider if I am awake or dreaming, walking through doors and asking myself I am dreaming. I however keep on forgetting to do this Confused

LR xx

Death&Decay
#11 Posted : 11/9/2011 10:41:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lil_Rainbow wrote:

It is something (along with Spice) I have just started getting into of late.

I am at a stage where I am trying to make myself consider if I am awake or dreaming, walking through doors and asking myself I am dreaming. I however keep on forgetting to do this Confused

LR xx

I seen that same tip, at first didn't think much of it, but have since been paying attention and it does indeed work pretty well. But, don't limit yourself to just doors. What I do, is try and stop and remind myself throughout the day to question rather I am in a dream or not, and I find that as long as I keep this conscious awareness that I will often times be able to recollect this tactic in a dream. Also, it seems doing a nice solid meditation before going to bed at night helps immensely.

Also, and I am not really sure of this or not, but I believe that having a lucid dream can directly be achieved (or more commonly achieved) by sleeping directly on your back, with your body laid straight. You must not be on your side, curled up, or anything like that. Straight, on your back, possibly with your head tilted up slightly, keep a clear conscious and don't feel too tired where you just fall into a deep sleep. I think having your body lined up might have something to do with lining up your chackras, sort of like how when you meditate you want to keep your back straight, same goes for when your sleeping. I believe this is one of the most important keys to having the lucid dream, outer body experience, astral projection and so on.

EmptyHand
#12 Posted : 11/9/2011 10:56:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lil_Rainbow wrote:
I however keep on forgetting to do this Confused

LR xx

I wrote a short computer program to remind me to ask "Is this a dream?" by beeping randomly through the day. The program is written in Python and is listed below for Windows. You start it by the command:

dreamRemind( startInterval, endInterval)

where startInterval and endInterval are the number of seconds for the random interval.

import time
import random
import winsound

def dreamRemind(lowertime, uppertime):
time.clock()
while True:
interval = random.randint(lowertime,uppertime)
time.sleep(interval)
winsound.Beep(500,1000)
print 'beep'
end
return

gory dkalz
#13 Posted : 11/10/2011 4:12:08 AM

Donnie Michael Thomas

fractal enchantment wrote:

I also use this technique for the majority of my lucid dreams. Once I started having lucid dreams this way, I started having more mid dream "oh shit, I'm dreaming" moments. Though the sleep paralysis way seems to be more vivid and easier to remember. But sleep deprivation, waking up early and going back to sleep, sleeping in late, and afternoon naps all give me SP. I used to hate it but once I learned to turn it from pure terror into my own dream world, I love it.

The supplement Galantamine usually combined with choline works pretty well to induce SP and have more vivid lucid dreams. Anyone seriously interested in lucid dreaming should try it out. Once you have a few lucid dreams, the rest seem to come a little easier and more often.

Another note, my mushroom trips and DMT breakthroughs often are very reminiscent of lucid dreaming. In my latest DMT journey, I was moving through this place and I remember thinking I could control the trip just by thinking about it like in my lucid dreams, but I wanted to be "led" through the trip. Thinking back, I should have just accepted the control and explored the alternate realm.
The Earth
It spins and shakes
It spits you out
It knows your name

I'm a pathological liar.

SpartanII
#14 Posted : 11/10/2011 4:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gory dkalz wrote:

The supplement Galantamine usually combined with choline works pretty well to induce SP and have more vivid lucid dreams. Anyone seriously interested in lucid dreaming should try it out. Once you have a few lucid dreams, the rest seem to come a little easier and more often.

Just a tip: Taking piracetam counteracts desensitization and tolerance of galantamine so you can take it more often. Piracetam is also a nootropic!Cool

Hyperspace Fool
#15 Posted : 11/10/2011 5:44:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gory dkalz wrote:

Another note, my mushroom trips and DMT breakthroughs often are very reminiscent of lucid dreaming. In my latest DMT journey, I was moving through this place and I remember thinking I could control the trip just by thinking about it like in my lucid dreams, but I wanted to be "led" through the trip. Thinking back, I should have just accepted the control and explored the alternate realm.

I am fairly certain you will have other opportunities to pathfind in Hyperspace...

Heheheh.

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Digi123
#16 Posted : 11/10/2011 6:15:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sky Motion wrote:
The other night I remember having 3 dreams where I would wake up from one and go DAMN why did I not realize I was dreaming? Then I would fall asleep into the next dream and still not become lucid, and then again!

I know exactly how you feel! Happened to me this morning!

At least I managed to do something I've not previously done in a dream last night. Instead of automatically running away when I was being chased by a woman riding a horse, I lay down on the floor, the horse walked up behind my head and I started stroking the side of it's cheek as it licked my face, kinda like a dog Smile
Joined at the soul with a pair of headphones

In an ocean of music, we move with the flow

You think that's air you're breathing now?

Marius
#17 Posted : 11/11/2011 1:06:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am very interested in this topic, i have not had a lucid dream yet.
Still working on remembering my dreams.

What kind of reality checks do you guys use?
I have just ordered a rubber wristband whit the words "Am i dreaming or awake?", and the plan is to perform a reality check every time i notice the wristband, and hopefully after a while, start doing the reality checks while i'm dreaming.

Sky Motion
#18 Posted : 11/12/2011 1:01:03 AM

<3

Marius wrote:
I am very interested in this topic, i have not had a lucid dream yet.
Still working on remembering my dreams.

What kind of reality checks do you guys use?
I have just ordered a rubber wristband whit the words "Am i dreaming or awake?", and the plan is to perform a reality check every time i notice the wristband, and hopefully after a while, start doing the reality checks while i'm dreaming.

I want one of those! Please let us know if it works, after a while obviously Pleased

Hyperspace Fool
#19 Posted : 11/17/2011 9:54:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations Sky Motion!

May you have many, many more rewarding oneirological adventures in the dreamscapes. For a first time out of the box, you seem to be well on your way.

Be well brother.

Sky Motion
#20 Posted : 11/17/2011 10:13:41 PM

<3

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Congratulations Sky Motion!

May you have many, many more rewarding oneirological adventures in the dreamscapes. For a first time out of the box, you seem to be well on your way.

Be well brother.

Thanks so much man!

Looking forward to more adventures for sure.