We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
my seizure (with pics) Options

I am.
#1 Posted : 11/16/2011 11:42:50 PM

I AM

ok. i ordered some bark from www.mimosahostilis.mx

the guy was awesome with communication. fast shipping. sent tracking label picture next day.

missed the delivery so i had to go pick up at post office next day. lady handed me an empty box and had no explanation. there was a letter inside. from customs. it was seized for "agricultural" reasons. you can see at the bottom of the slip where it is marked for containing soil, known to hold pests/disease.

talked to the dude and he said if i send him money to cover shipping, he'll send my order again. for the record...i ordered whole bark. he's going to send powdered this time. on the packing label, it's marked as sandlewood incense.

i wonder if this is the angle that US customs is going to take to help keep bark from coming in but not actually attack the bark.

you can see the customs letter and the last one you'll see why it was rejected. tell me folks? what do you think???

MODS: put this in general discussion and not suppliers so that new members could comment, too.
I am. attached the following image(s):
notice.png (1,167kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
reason.png (1,826kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Global
#2 Posted : 11/16/2011 11:55:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I suppose customs could have claimed it and turned it into an even bigger issue, so I suppose you should count your blessings on this one. When I first opened this thread, I half expected to see someone seizing out on the floor or something.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

I am.
#3 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:03:50 AM

I AM

Global wrote:
I suppose customs could have claimed it and turned it into an even bigger issue, so I suppose you should count your blessings on this one. When I first opened this thread, I half expected to see someone seizing out on the floor or something.

yeah. i am very lucky. like i said...i wonder if customs is going to start taking this route to seize the bark. i mean...just say it could have pests...and then they don't have to deal with trying to outlaw MHRB cuz no one is gonna go take US customs to court, like "your honor...my bark did not have dirt on it...these people are clearly lying. now can i have my bark and go home? thank you. case closed."

so..they might very well have just found their little loophole. let's hope not.

۩
#4 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:08:33 AM

They've been doing this, and worse things, for a while now. This is nothing new. If anything it's just happening more often.

jvosh1
#5 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:09:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

....hopefully the next order gets through. If not, the easiest solution would be to look into sources within the states to avoid the hassle, it might be a bit more, but won't have to worry about customs.

fingers crossed for next package Smile

actualfactual
#6 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why don't we just post pictures of the packaging online so they know what to look for next time? Oh wait..

I am.
#7 Posted : 11/17/2011 12:40:33 AM

I AM

actualfactual wrote:
Why don't we just post pictures of the packaging online so they know what to look for next time? Oh wait..

thank you. fixed.

ouro
#8 Posted : 11/17/2011 1:59:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They also noted that the material was not authorized for entry. I think technically any plant material must have a sanitary cert to cross the border. They sort of deal with it as they please though; for example, I've taken wooden sticks through customs before, but the bark had to be stripped off because they thought pests might be living in/under the bark.

Basically you got really unlucky.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 11/17/2011 5:34:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I half expected to see someone seizing out on the floor or something.

I was also hoping that this wasn't the topic of the thread Laughing

I think more and more vendors are going to have to misdeclare bark to get it through customs. That second package should get through if it's declared as 'incense'.